The Elder Scrolls Online

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone tried setting up a controller for this?

Also wondering if they intend to allow you to use a controller natively when they release the PS4/Xbox versions similar to what FF 14 does (changes the UI too to fit the controller settings)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I heard the first guy to 50 was some beta tester who knew about a broken quest and got there in a couple hours, lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pryda did it the same way millenium did it in wow BC and then some other guy in wow wotlk, basically tagging mobs to get the xp when the rest of the guild actually does the killing, it's a group effort, pointless shit really. From what I've heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who knows the guy, you get 50% xp for attacking a mob regardless of how much dmg you do to it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I heard the first guy to 50 was some beta tester who knew about a broken quest and got there in a couple hours, lol.
Fair enough, I should have wrote "allegedly" regarding that 17h guy. On the other hand, Pryda's run was entirely streamed, so I would say he's pretty legit.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
So how is the World PvP in comparison to GW2? GW2 got old pretty fast as it was just flipping keeps over and over and over again, with zerg rushing in between....zero reason to stay and hold a keep unless the zerg you were in happened to be near it or it was the main keep. Is TESO like that?

Blackwulf

N00b
The population imbalances on Dawnbreaker are ridiculous.
I think the reason there aren't a shit load of campaigns yet is because they want them all to get to cap before they add more. That should keep things more even population wise. I'm pretty hard core into pvp, and I haven't even set foot into Cyrodiil yet, so I imagine that the lower pop ones will start to approach as people start to take breaks from leveling, and as the real launch rolls around. Been enjoying the roses and trying to stay ahead of the wave of players - it seems the more people in an area, the more the quests fuck up. I've only had to abandon 1 so far.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Dem graphics (pic courtesy of some facebook activist bbw)

34eq3o9.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So how is the World PvP in comparison to GW2? GW2 got old pretty fast as it was just flipping keeps over and over and over again, with zerg rushing in between....zero reason to stay and hold a keep unless the zerg you were in happened to be near it or it was the main keep. Is TESO like that?
Well right now we control everything and we get bonuses that affect you in pve. It's pretty nice to go leveling with these bonuses all on. I think your bonuses are tied to your campaign though I could be wrong.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Damn, its been good so far but right now I am hitting some long laaaag spikes, which wouldn't be that much of an issue, except the reactive combat doesn't work so well when the NPCs are server-side and still doing shit while you are frozen and unresponsive.

I took my Orc Sorc to 8 and then got cold min/max feet, since I really enjoyed the heavy armor/two handed play. My Orc Templar (ironically using two daggers right now for giggles, thanks RNG) just hit 11 and really feels gooood. Hopefully will be worthwhile.

I am afeared, however, Ragnarock is coming for the megaserver, unless they can find and correct whatever is causing lag city tonight.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was nothing 'free' about that shard run lol. My ass is still sore from sitting so long
Indeed, but I'm already out of skill points again! I wanted to use a bow, too, then I decided I also needed medium armor, and the immovable skill from heavy...and all those aedric spear stuff i wasn't using, and...well let's just say it gets out of hand fast with the passives :p

But! I think I'll be alright if I stick in light armor from here on out, just go resto staff / bow (bow isn't super skill intensive since I'm not reaaaally putting anything into stamina, it's just a kite tool).

I got to 25? Today, how you and drae doin?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Newbie question plz.
Where can we get more soul gems?
They can be bought, but eh. They drop from literally every cave boss as well. There's a spider in one of the grahtwood dungeons if you're AD, spawns about every 30 seconds, can really pump out some minor soulgems there...But realistically if you're not dying all the time you'll have them coming out of your ears after just a bit.