The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
@Rescorla
I don't see how you can possible spin this as smoother. It was a soft open with the 5 day head start and things went well and now that the majority have joined the whole thing has come crashing down. Quests breaking, massive database fuck up, instancing fuck ups, massive dupe bugs which brought the mail system down. It's what we figured, a mmo launch.
What exactly do you think I am spinning? I was discussing my experiences so far. Others are also reporting no significant issues. The launch has been smooth for me but I'm not poopsocking it for 12+ hours a day either.

Obviously there is a major technical problem they have to get fixed. Like you said, standard MMO launch problem. We all expected it so nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

Blackwulf

N00b
Seeing the excuses on the internet is fairly laughable. From "Hey that's ok I cannot play the product I bought and have the week off for (Blackwulf) I just cleaned up the pizza boxes in my walk in closet from Sunday!"
My /played last night before I logged off was 1 day and 19 hours. I've had my money's worth in the last 3 days.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What exactly do you think I am spinning? I was discussing my experiences so far. Others are also reporting no significant issues. The launch has been smooth for me but I'm not poopsocking it for 12+ hours a day either.

Obviously there is a major technical problem they have to get fixed. Like you said, standard MMO launch problem. We all expected it so nothing to get all bent out of shape over.
It's actually gone past standard launch problems now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
he bet me that the servers would stay up for 24 hours straight without coming down.
Heh that's kind of a silly bet. The servers coming down or staying up at release is a fairly poor indicator of success or quality.

My server in WoW was down more than 50% of the first 24 hours of launch.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Explore and you will find a ton of xp quests. Read every bookshelf, and look for skyshards and tomes. Also if you followed the main quest to the island, go back to the main continent and do the quests in that town first. You can get the Mage and Fighter guild quests and start getting the fighter first skill, silver bolts. That is a gamechanger vrs undead and daedra.

The game is not perfect, but I will more than get 60 bucks worth of entertainment in a months time. Hell I already have. Oh and launches are always broken, it is the nature of the beast, but this has been the best launch to date out of all the MMO's I have played.

Oh, I am sure they are taking that $60 all the way to the bank
rolleyes.png
I look at it as it gave some poor schmuck working for Sage a free lunch or two in a meeting or 6.

Rumor has it dev costs with the stop/starts along with start up costs of the company itself total over $200 million. (No source on the rumor) That's about 2 million boxes depending on how many were imperial and standard. Without attaching console development costs, breaking even on box sales is going to be pretty high on the charts if that rumor is correct.

In AD, still locked around level 8.5 because I have no level appropriate quests that aren't bugged, my main quest is gone, and I don't feel like grinding out mobs forever with the XP nerf to NPC's to get to 10. But yeah, I would have been on Dawnbreaker. I'm sure I will check it out again in a few weeks to see if things died down.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think it's still in standard launch problems. It won't go into standard launch problems until this weekend hits and the server is down for most of it!
You just say that shit cause your at work! I'm on to your shenanigans!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We're in the final stages of QA testing the new patch on the live server, then we'll re-open it to all of you. ETA is between 2:00 and 2:30 PM EDT. If that changes, we'll let you know

In case anyone is wondering. Soon!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Heh that's kind of a silly bet. The servers coming down or staying up at release is a fairly poor indicator of success or quality.

My server in WoW was down more than 50% of the first 24 hours of launch.
That's exactly why I did it. It didn't really have any bearing on the quality of the launch, just that I thought it was going to be a free Watch Dogs game on my desk come May 27th
smile.png

I thought it was a win win. Looking back I am not sure I would have changed the bet. I mean how many server crashes have we seen in every MMORPG launch since they came out? Pretty much every game I can remember had their servers brought down within 24 hours, if even a small hiccup. Their servers don't crash, the entire game just goes wonky instead. I am guessing he was betting on that. (He didn't win much...HE thought he would have someone to play with that he knew I think was his only reason)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pryda most likely did it the same way that other French guy did to get lvl 50 in 17h : ring of mara powered group, bashing NPC camps and moving on. Also regarding Pryda exploiting or not, he livestreamed his entire leveling on Twitch, therefore I would assume he's pretty legit.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
In AD, still locked around level 8.5 because I have no level appropriate quests that aren't bugged, my main quest is gone, and I don't feel like grinding out mobs forever with the XP nerf to NPC's to get to 10. But yeah, I would have been on Dawnbreaker. I'm sure I will check it out again in a few weeks to see if things died down.
Your main quest isn't gone. Once you do the first stage at level 5, you don't get the next stage until level 10 and then it automatically gets added when the Prophet comes to meet you. You would think someone who played in the beta would know that.

There are plenty of functional quests in Auridon for someone level 8. Only major one that was broken got fixed in the patch today.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Your main quest isn't gone. Once you do the first stage at level 5, you don't get the next stage until level 10 and then it automatically gets added when the Prophet comes to meet you. You would think someone who played in the beta would know that..
The Prophet meetsyou? I remember he called me to go see him in some hollow cave and then you had to go rescue Big Barda from spooky jail.

Where she would bug and not break my fucking wall down which, no amount of logging/reclogging wouldn't fix. (last beta)

You sure you played all the betas and don't know that? I only played one and remember it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
What's up with the jumping in this game? Animations in general seem absolutely ridiculous considering this game isn't f2p.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The Prophet meetsyou? I remember he called me to go see him in some hollow cave and then you had to go rescue Big Barda from spooky jail.
This is what I was expecting. He just stops talking to me now. I am guessing this is one of the changes PTS saw before the game went live?

Either way, Rescorla, I can show the game as content and stream it to you over a video connection device if you would like to see what is happening? I did all the POI quests that I could find. They also show as such on my map. I had 6 broken ones. I am sure there are one or two I am not finding but roaming the wilderness, but ... I would rather the game worked.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

Where she would bug and not break my fucking wall down which, no amount of logging/reclogging wouldn't fix. (last beta)

You sure you played all the betas and don't know that? I only played one and remember it.
Your memory is failing you or you just want to quibble over semantics. A visual projection of the prophet meets you. It typically happens the first time after level 10 when you zone out of an dungeon, quest instance or use a wayshrine.

You're really trying too hard. Perhaps you should start trolling the thread for Lord British's new game?