The Elder Scrolls Online

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I would be very surprised to find that even the most exploration driven player achieved greater than 50% of the lorebooks in the game. Many are obvious, but they're so small and some are hidden very well.
That's the whole point though. Give a player something very difficult to do solo-wise. People love filling up lists.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What % of players do you think will approach 100% completion without looking at a map on a website or a mod?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't even know what the main game / early access codes are supposed to do. Hopefully they get around to sending me my forum invitation soon.

Who is going to start playing tomorrow who isn't already playing? Just people wandering around Best Buy and see TESO and think it's a Multiplayer Skyrim DLC right?
Early access code is what they gave you already to get you in, main game is the actual cd-key. I think a lot of filthy casuals will start tomorrow cause weekend.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's true. I think there's a good chance that enough players will overrun the game to cause more database-related issues to crop up, in addition to all the broken quests.

I don't even know what the main game / early access codes are supposed to do. Hopefully they get around to sending me my forum invitation soon.

Who is going to start playing tomorrow who isn't already playing? Just people wandering around Best Buy and see TESO and think it's a Multiplayer Skyrim DLC right?
TUCO to get forum access you have to call customer support put in support email for them to call you, it took me doing that and going thru like 4 support peps then I finally had forums access day 2 of 5 day head start and a lot of bitching.
My imperial edition was fully paid for from green man gaming as well.

At this point since soon the game will be going into official launch you may just want to wait cause im sure they fix the forums by then so can signup if you have valid account much easier without a CS supervisor having to manually add your forum account.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
What % of players do you think will approach 100% completion without looking at a map on a website or a mod?
I've managed to find all the shards on the first 4 continents I've been to without help. Run all the public dungeons and you'll find one in each. Kill the world boss mobs, you may find more there.

As for the lore books, idk how many of those I missed.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That's the whole point though. Give a player something very difficult to do solo-wise. People love filling up lists.
Not to mention some of the lore tidbits are actually a decent read, I much prefer the lore hunt over say the vista hunt/blue chevron on the map GET!

Mmm... tidbits

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think my overall enjoyment of this game has been because I didn't play beta, and I'm in no rush.. I need to play games this way more. There is a decent amount of depth to this game if you try to figure things out in game and stay off the spoiler sites.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I think my overall enjoyment of this game has been because I didn't play beta, and I'm in no rush.. I need to play games this way more. There is a decent amount of depth to this game if you try to figure things out in game and stay off the spoiler sites.
I'm in no rush either. I'll probably be one of the last Day 1 players to make it to VR10. I typically only play one character in MMOs. When my character reaches max level and there is little else I can do to progress their abilities is typically when I start to get bored with a MMO.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
The only thing I look up are Skyshards, because they are so easy to miss and so relevant early on.

I'm not sure what you mean about depth. I've found the game is fluffy with plenty of superficial content, but very little I'd call deep. There is a ton of 'small ball' things to do, but to me that's not really depth, but more width. The boring part to me is so much of it is the same stuff.

Depth to me would be spending months building cities or mining extraordinarily rare things or crafting a weapon that takes a variety of items and coordination. This game is similar to WOW or SWTOR or really most MMOs in there are a lot of superficial meaningless treadmills with the lot of us as gerbils happily running for our next pellet, be it a shiny new sword or another realm rank, or in this case alliance point. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a title and a locked skill line.

Tons of stuff. However, it has the depth of a puddle.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
The graphics and music are beyond anything I thought I'd ever see in an MMO. If you aren't on some nice headphones or blasting this through some legit speakers, you are really missing out. The music is absolutely fantastic. Movie quality.

Thanks ZO, the loot pinata is delicious and really making me push into crafting. I've got so many choices of shit to make, or upgrade, or research; it's cray.

Aside from the bugs, I am really enjoying this one, very vanilla WoW vibe for me.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Depth to me would be spending months building cities or mining extraordinarily rare things or crafting a weapon that takes a variety of items and coordination.
Are you referring to EQ1 class epic weapons? If so I agree.

Because I was a casual player, I didn't get my 1.0 epic until Planes of Power was released. I had been working on accumulating all the required quest drops for close to two years. Even though it took me a lot longer to acquire than it took most players, I still had a major sense of accomplishment once I finally completed the quest. No idea why other MMOs never copied that from EQ1.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Are you referring to EQ1 class epic weapons? If so I agree.

Because I was a casual player, I didn't get my 1.0 epic until Planes of Power was released. I had been working on accumulating all the required quest drops for close to two years. Even though it took me a lot longer to acquire than it took most players, I still had a major sense of accomplishment once I finally completed the quest. No idea why other MMOs never copied that from EQ1.
GW2 legendaries were pretty retarded hard to get IIRC, mainly cosmetic though due to the high wire balancing act aNet was doing with the game.

Also things like Thunderfury and a few other legendaries in wow had a sliver of notariety to them.

Vanguards APW Raid loot when it first came out was insane hard to get, even Rift greenscale legendaries at launch were prestigious and hard to get as most guilds couldn't get past the 2nd boss.

I mean eq was brutal as fuck, even the goddamn crushbone belt quest was pretty brutal travel time wise.

Fking masochists man, shoulda called that game EverMasochism.

In closing: Legendary grade gear in ESO has been very hard to get, there's some pts guys commenting on getting enough mats and the proper upgrade compenents for maybe 1 or 2 peices in a 6 month stretch. (Given, they aren't pulling in the amount of loot I am, due to lack of interest in efficiency)

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Depth to me would be spending months building citiesor mining extraordinarily rare things or crafting a weapon that takes a variety of items and coordination.
But a lot of people didn't like this in FFXIV, said it took too long and ran away. Even now with 2.2 (which is insanely huge and packed with deep content), you see a bunch of comments that it's 'too grindy/too much stuff'.

I didn't understand why people called ESO's crafting 'deep'. It's customizable sure, fits the game to a T but it's not really deep in my view. Simple, functional and no frills with not a lot of challenge to it which they save for the battlefield.

No idea why other MMOs never copied that from EQ1.
FFXI did. Try getting a relic in that game, which was designed in the same, soul wrenching trial ala EQ1. You could play FFXI for 3 or 4 years and never get your relic.

And.. that's precisely why people ran away and other games didn't copy that.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The questing is really well done and quite fun. That starter zone did a great disservice to this game by being such boring horse shit. You really get into some really good quests with interesting story later on. The phasing though is horrible. That with the combination of no fucking nameplates makes it seem like a single player game. Bunch of people running around having conversations and doing shit you can't see. Stumble across a cave and it's fucking empty because you didn't come across the right npc to activate it yet. I would like to see a game just once have that cave fully populated and you go in kill a bunch of shit and loot it. Then later on you get to that NPC and they talk about someone they want you to kill an you go "hey, I already got that mother fuckers head in my bag, here you go".