The Elder Scrolls Online

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The difference betbetween ESO and TSW's classes is that in the former you still choose a base class with predetermined skills(which are morphable, but the base skill is set) but then your class also has access to every weapon and armor combination/all the guild abilities as well. It is customization with a template, not a total free for all like TSW.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
The inventory management in this game is bullshit. The amount of running you have to do, PVP or PVE, is sometimes bullshit. The amount of shit you have to manage with your tiny inventory while crafting is bullshit.

However, the exploration, the feel, the class design, and the dialogue are all top notch. The PVP performance, when you can find pvp, is really good. At least 80 people on screen without difficulty. The dungeons that I've done have been mostly "okay." The public dungeons have been fun.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About to hit 50 on Templar, has anyone figured out the mana issues yet for this class?
With AoE build (Reflective Light and Solar Barrage) I did have mana issues if I chained more than 3 mob packs without potions. Without full breton racial / light armor build you'll have mana issues if you're into chain bashing. Some people find it more efficient to bash with destro staff's T5 AoE (didn't try it).

PvP wise as a VR1 I use both Resto Staff HoTs (Healing Springs + Mutagen) and Combat Prayer buff, coupled with Templar instant heal + dispel. I don't really have mana issues as soon as shit stays off the fan. I do have mana issues if I have to burst heal and dispel. I'm considering taking the Resto Staff Shield instead of Templar instant heal to save mana and gain efficiency. Tho I didn't really theorycraft it a lot, I just try what's more efficient considering how I play PvP right now (2-4 man roaming group). During beta people stated Templar is the best healer around, I wouldn't say otherwise considering how powerful Templar + Resto Staff skills do good with each other.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, right now I have been in a PRX pvp group as a healer for over an hour. Now granted, this is my first time pvping in a group in this game, so take the rest of what I say with a grain of salt.

This feels to me like the worst experience as a healer in group pvp ever. I have healed in EQ, WAR, GW2, DAOC, WoW and other games. All of those games had a superior healing experience than TESO. My group starts taking damage, so all I can do is spam my smart heals. Zero skill involved. That isn't even the worst part. The worst part to me is I have no idea who I'm healing or even if I'm healing is mattering. I don't see my hots popping on people, I don't see my heals moving people's health bars. I have never, in ANY of the games before as a healer, felt so disconnected from what I was doing.

I loved pretty much every minute of pvping with PRX in GW2. I can't believe how little fun I have had today though. My only hope is to reroll damage and maybe try that. Did other healers have a better experience than me? Maybe this is all just me being inexperienced at the pvp in this game or something, i dunno.

How long before Zenimax fixes the dungeons mob exp that they nerfed to like 2-3% per mob which is crazy.
I know it was done due to players AE powerleveling in dungeons but players are going to find way to get to 50 fast in all MMO's.

The players that don't do this but like to grind dungeons for loot and exp for change of pace from questing and pvp, crafting, raiding this is really going to hurt.
I wont level alts to 50 strictly on questing, the dungeons are nice change of pace for loot and normally exp.
So when do you all think Zenimax will change it back or at least make it like 60-70% of normal outdoor exp etc?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, right now I have been in a PRX pvp group as a healer for over an hour. Now granted, this is my first time pvping in a group in this game, so take the rest of what I say with a grain of salt.

This feels to me like the worst experience as a healer in group pvp ever. I have healed in EQ, WAR, GW2, DAOC, WoW and other games. All of those games had a superior healing experience than TESO. My group starts taking damage, so all I can do is spam my smart heals. Zero skill involved. That isn't even the worst part. The worst part to me is I have no idea who I'm healing or even if I'm healing is mattering. I don't see my hots popping on people, I don't see my heals moving people's health bars. I have never, in ANY of the games before as a healer, felt so disconnected from what I was doing.

I loved pretty much every minute of pvping with PRX in GW2. I can't believe how little fun I have had today though. My only hope is to reroll damage and maybe try that. Did other healers have a better experience than me? Maybe this is all just me being inexperienced at the pvp in this game or something, i dunno.
You're a healer in a well established guild, AD side, on US Dawnbreaker. Right now most people are out there leveling, therefore you're not going to find any challenge there, PvP wise. As of healing, Resto Staff wise you basically have 2 HoTs, 1 Shield and I Buff. Templar wise you have flash heal, greater heal, dispel and buffs. Granted, most of them are "smart heals", aka "heals the lowest ally around" or "the 2 nearest allies there". You can juke that with smart positioning, which the game won't provide itself. I'm not saying ESO PvP group healing is like landing a jet on a handkerchief, but if you do challenging roaming PvP, you'll definitely find fun. On the other hand you won't find fun spamming HoTs on people squatting keep walls or enemy spawn points. "PRX PvP group" isn't really a label of PvP quality, especially when Cyrodiil map pisses out your colors like it's Saint Patricks following day. Healing definitely needs improvements (less smart healing, more control), but saying GW2 had a better healing experience than ESO is just odd.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Healing definitely needs improvements (less smart healing, more control), but saying GW2 had a better healing experience than ESO is just odd.
We were guesting to another realm and were heavily outnumbered.

Yeah, GW2 healing was bad, I mean in some sense they didn't even have a healer. Yet even in GW2 on my staff guardian I "felt" like I had more control and effect on the battlefield than ESO. All the big plethora of heals that you have as a resto staff templar sounds good, but since none of them are controllable (dropping puddles and shit is the best you got) and the UI is such shit, I felt totally disconnected from what was going on.

Now again, I said at the start to take all this with a grain of salt since it was my first time pvping really, but uggh, I've never had such an immediate negative reaction to a large pvp raid in a game. I fucking love that shit usually and am able to overlook the BS.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You're a healer in a well established guild, AD side, on US Dawnbreaker.
Just FYI in the many hours I've PVP'd so far I haven't spent any time in the Dawnbreaker campaign. I don't think any of us have PVP'd there since the first few hours of the 5 day early access.

Khalid, I love healing in PvP but when I saw the healing in TESO I didn't even consider trying to heal. Smart heals and AE heals are awful.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Khalid, I love healing in PvP but when I saw the healing in TESO I didn't even consider trying to heal. Smart heals and AE heals are awful.
Yeah, I was hoping it wasn't going to be too bad.

So I have to figure out what to do with templar now. I have abunch in aedric spear, maybe go bow? Shrug, no idea at this point. All I know is, healer is unplayable for me. Not sure I feel like rerolling to another class, especially after doing all the cyrodil skyshards.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just found a totally unmarked event in Grahtwood that ended in a skill point. It's called root asunder and it's in the root sunder caves on a side path. Starts by putting out a torch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just found a totally unmarked event in Grahtwood that ended in a skill point. It's called root asunder and it's in the root sunder caves on a side path. Starts by putting out a torch.
All public dungeons have this. When I say public dungeon I mean actually tagged public dungeon(not just every torch dungeon). All but one i've done was killing waves of mobs then a boss, with the exception being killing a big ogre and his 3 buddies.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tonight we invaded the Hopesfire campaign where Red owned the entire map.
In the evening we took 3 keeps, 2 outposts and wiped a huge enemy force many times. Not a single time were we wiped.
nFU0HvG.jpg

G0UZBD4.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tonight we invaded the Hopesfire campaign where Red owned the entire map.
In the evening we took 3 keeps, 2 outposts and wiped a huge enemy force many times. Not a single time were we wiped.
nFU0HvG.jpg

G0UZBD4.jpg
I see no names!! That could be anyone!

The exp for PVP is unfuckingacceptable.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the pvp healing so far has been god-awful for me too, I assumed I just didn't give it a fair shake.

I'm sort of at a crossroads. I know there's no way in hell I'm paying a sub-fee for this, so is it worth it to play through? I think I'll just treat it as a single player game. A single player game with broken quests and rollbacks!

Speaking of rollbacks, I heard Greenwood is bad, and it looks like it's my next zone. Is there another option for me to level up in?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Greenshade was fixed some time today. Apparently it was one bugged quest messing up the entire zone. So they told people to abandon it and they removed it.

Build a zerg and win against a mostly-empty map. Congrats?
The system is actually not bad if you can field a force. You go onto a map where the other team(s) have substantial forces and you can fight there. Imagine if in GW2 you could just pick the hardest fight for your color every evening. You have the "mostly-empty" part wrong. Those maps where one color is dominating have that color as home and they rally when keeps start dropping.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The inventory management in this game is bullshit. The amount of running you have to do, PVP or PVE, is sometimes bullshit. The amount of shit you have to manage with your tiny inventory while crafting is bullshit.

However, the exploration, the feel, the class design, and the dialogue are all top notch. The PVP performance, when you can find pvp, is really good. At least 80 people on screen without difficulty. The dungeons that I've done have been mostly "okay." The public dungeons have been fun.
I have 80 inventory spots and that seems fine if you don't try to loot every single crate and barrel. You can crafting form materials that are sitting in your bank.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just FYI in the many hours I've PVP'd so far I haven't spent any time in the Dawnbreaker campaign. I don't think any of us have PVP'd there since the first few hours of the 5 day early access.

Yuuup. We took a few keeps (2 undefended, 1 somewhat defended) while Ruin ran the elder scrolls. Has literally been 0 pushback since. Wabbajack on the other hand is a blast, heh.