The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
What's the point in skipping the majority of content to see the last 5%? Serious question.

Is PvP really worth avoiding that much content?
Some players just want to get to level cap ASAP. I personally like how the PVE quests were designed in this game so I'm taking my time and doing all of them. Still only level 22 but if I want to PVP, I get bolstered up in level to comparable power of those who are grinding.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's the point in skipping the majority of content to see the last 5%? Serious question.

Is PvP really worth avoiding that much content?
Many people want to be the best they can be in pvp. The problem is zenimax sucks at spread sheets and grinding is by far the best way to level. They made all this content for a traditional level based game, then didn't bother to balance the experience between different play styles.

I refuse to grind anymore cause I hate it way more then questing.

Blackwulf

N00b
Glad to see so many people have seen the light!
wink.png

I'm closing in on 40, still really enjoying the game. So far my favorite PVE are the public dungeons. PVP has been great... rolled Ebonheart and have been having a blast picking off Dominion zergers between keeps.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Blackwulf was right all along.
I wouldn't say he was right all along. He was right about some things, wrong about others but most of his posts were based on what he thought was fun, which is totally subjective and can not be wrong or right. Other people on here (and I won't name names) weren't arguing about whether the game was fun but were making arguments about more solid things, like the server, performance, when the NDA would come down etc.., thosecanbe proven right or wrong. And, in most cases,thosepeople were pretty damn incorrect.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quest haters will have a lot of pain and sadness when they'll figure how VR leveling works. Max level isn't 50, in fact there isn't any "level 50" besides having an achievement, you go from level 49 -> VR1, ready to groupfarm Torch Dungeons / World Bosses with Lemmings stylek or do other alliances quests. If you hate leveling and / or questing, you're gonna have a bad time.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I went into the game with the plan of doing all the quests in each zone to level. And that actually worked out for me up until the point where I started hitting horribly bugged content in Grahtwood and Greenshade. At that point I turned to grinding mobs in a group to get to 50. Now that I am 50 VR1 (Almost 2) I have been taking it slow again and have been working my way through the VR1 content at my own pace again reading the storys (Well most of them some NPCs are fucking long winded) and enjoying the content again. There is no way I would ever want to grind out VR levels with the amount of XP required to complete them. (456K XP for the VR2 and it doubles to VR3)

Overall, with the UI mods that I have installed I am content with the game right now. Do I still want nameplates and guild tags? Hell yes I do, especially in PvP where everyone blends together and there are no commander tags. Will I make it past the first free month? Still on the fence on that one. Overall I would classify TESO as an OK game. It's not great (They really had the potential to make it amazing) or horrible but right in the middle.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm about 40 now and I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt to get to VR10 via questing. No matter how well written and interesting the questing is it invariable gets repetitive and boring because of the sheer volume of the quests. I stopped listening to almost every dialog by the NPCs some time ago and am now just clicking through and following the quest helper on my minimap. The other thing that really bothers me is that I'm trying to get the lore books, so I'm constantly referring to a lore book map on a different monitor. Even if the lore books were easier to get I'd still need an outside map because roughly 30% of them are invisible until I relog at them.

I really wish there was a mod that put lore books on your minimap, but I guess it cna't be helped.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know why they even went with a traditional leveling system. They already have a nice system with leveling your skills and weapons and of course gear. Probably put it in there because everyone else does.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Overall, with the UI mods that I have installed I am content with the game right now. Do I still want nameplates and guild tags? Hell yes I do, especially in PvP where everyone blends together and there are no commander tags. Will I make it past the first free month? Still on the fence on that one. Overall I would classify TESO as an OK game. It's not great (They really had the potential to make it amazing) or horrible but right in the middle.
In your opinion what is missing (or what could have been done differently) from the game that prevents it from being amazing?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm about 40 now and I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt to get to VR10 via questing. No matter how well written and interesting the questing is it invariable gets repetitive and boring because of the sheer volume of the quests. I stopped listening to almost every dialog by the NPCs some time ago and am now just clicking through and following the quest helper on my minimap. The other thing that really bothers me is that I'm trying to get the lore books, so I'm constantly referring to a lore book map on a different monitor. Even if the lore books were easier to get I'd still need an outside map because roughly 30% of them are invisible until I relog at them.

I really wish there was a mod that put lore books on your minimap, but I guess it cna't be helped.
What's interesting to note is there is actually a lot less quest then a normal quest MMO. It's usually 1 quest, sometimes 2 in one area(or POI) before you move to the next. Usually with quest based games you have 5-10 going at once in one area.

But yeah it's pretty slow going for me. I do skyshards + lore books and opening containers so take's a while for me to move through quest content. I can grind on occasion, but can't just sit in one spot killing the same group of mobs for 5-10 hours like I used to.

I have the skyshard addon, keeping a eye out for a lorebook one.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Skipping quests and doing them at 50 allow you to get Veteran Rank Points instead of xp for turning them in.

Ex: 1-50 main story prophet nerd quest gave me 10% of a Veteran Rank

Get fucked questers #grindlife

misery_sl

shitlord
The majority of players had a blase in GW2 PvP for at least a couple of months. I wonder if this game has the staying power to surpass that.

Skipping quests and doing them at 50 allow you to get Veteran Rank Points instead of xp for turning them in.

Ex: 1-50 main story prophet nerd quest gave me 10% of a Veteran Rank

Get fucked questers #grindlife
I never thought of that. I do the quests because I love a ton of the stories.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I never thought of that. I do the quests because I love a ton of the stories.
I watched the stories too, at 50. And felt rewarded because it gave me progress towards my endgame Veteran Rank, which is ridiculous hard to level up because mob kills don't count towards it unless they're bosses.