The Elder Scrolls Online

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ok I got around my issue by using Internet Explorer. AFK taking long shower now :*(

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Did I read right that Guilds can be cross faction but you can not group cross faction? What is the point of cross faction guilds?

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Did I read right that Guilds can be cross faction but you can not group cross faction? What is the point of cross faction guilds?
Trading guilds being cross faction helps keep the population of the guild healthy, not sure otherwise.

Question: Does having multiple skills from a specific class/skill line on your bar help that line level up faster? Id rather not spend points on skills i dont want just to put them on my bar to level.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Trading guilds being cross faction helps keep the population of the guild healthy, not sure otherwise.

Question: Does having multiple skills from a specific class/skill line on your bar help that line level up faster? Id rather not spend points on skills i dont want just to put them on my bar to level.
I'm fairly certain it only takes one skill to level the entire line but I think individual abilities gain rank quicker through being slotted.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I want to make a pure beef, pure heals staying-power type ala Velious era self-torporing EQ1 Paladin. Heavy Armor , shield bashes and stuns, etc. Therefore Templar? Which race? Argonian? Orc?
Find a class you like. Look through the class abilities. If you want to go Templar look for a race that has good magika regen and/or magika reduction which is mostly Breton, High Elf, or Dark Elf. Templar's work, but so do Nightblades and DKs.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I think what he means is at 50, gear will overcharge all your stats besides health so currently its the only thing worth investing into and also has the net effect of making the racial bonuses not matter much except during leveling. I could be wrong though; I haven't theorycrafted much. And yeah, they may totally nerf, tune, and change that.
Ultimate races won't matter to much unless you are the type of person who likes to min/max that last 10-5%. For example, I'm a Vampire so I chose to go with a Dark Elf for the innate fire resist (Vamps tkae 50% more fire damage) so I don't have to gear for it. Essentially all the races have stats that represent an average piece of jewelry. Your racial tends to help you choose different enchants/glyphs/gear.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

Answer: Yes. The more skills from a line you have on your active hotbar, the faster that skill line levels overall. You can only level individual skills if they are on your hotbar. It's also a non-linear relationship that is based on your current level. For example, when I was level 20 my Destro staff was level 28. It took forever to level. When I was 25, my level 15 resto staff leveled really fast until it equalized with my current level.

Also, you can level weapon passives/skills even if you are not wielding that weapon. They just have to be on your hotbar.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Ultimate races won't matter to much unless you are the type of person who likes to min/max that last 10-5%. For example, I'm a Vampire so I chose to go with a Dark Elf for the innate fire resist (Vamps tkae 50% more fire damage) so I don't have to gear for it. Essentially all the races have stats that represent an average piece of jewelry. Your racial tends to help you choose different enchants/glyphs/gear.
+1 nets

I'll chime in and reinforce the importance of opportunity value in racial passives, currently the weakest two being Bosmer and Argonian. As they do not provide any gear alternatives like the other races do.

The strongest arguably being: Breton (Magicka + Defense) Dunmer (Magicka + Fire Resist *Which correlates to about 6% more damage in itemized jewelery for those prioritizing fire resists*) and Khajiit (6% crit chance is a big deal, and acts as free weapon traits)

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
When you do anything that grants experience points, those points are roughly divided by 6 (for the number of skills on your action bar) and applied to both the individual skill as well as the skill line. The weapon you have equipped also gets some points. Lastly some points go to your Armor skill level and those are further divided up if you are wearing different armor types.

If you have multiple skills from the same skill line equipped, then that skill line will gain ranks at a faster rate. I started off focusing on dual wield and often had 2-3 dual wield skills on my action bar. Since DW accumulated points a 2x-3x the rate of other skill lines, it is by far my highest ranked skill line.

Conversely, I don't have any skills from Daedric Summoning line on the action bar that has all the DW skills. Since the DW action bar is active most of the time when mobs die, my Daedric Summoning skill line is the lowest ranked of all my class skill lines.

Here is the best suggestion I can give you. Before you turn in a quest, reconfigure your action bar to have at least one ability from each of your class skill lines and whatever weapon skill line you use. You can add guild abilities there as well. If you have skills that aren't eligible to be morphed yet, slot those instead of skills that you have already morphed. Doing this will ensure that your skill lines will all increase at about the same rate. If you have a skill line lagging behind, you can add more abilities from that skill line to help it catch back up.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This feels to me like the worst experience as a healer in group pvp ever. I have healed in EQ, WAR, GW2, DAOC, WoW and other games. All of those games had a superior healing experience than TESO. My group starts taking damage, so all I can do is spam my smart heals. Zero skill involved. That isn't even the worst part. The worst part to me is I have no idea who I'm healing or even if I'm healing is mattering. I don't see my hots popping on people, I don't see my heals moving people's health bars. I have never, in ANY of the games before as a healer, felt so disconnected from what I was doing.

I loved pretty much every minute of pvping with PRX in GW2. I can't believe how little fun I have had today though. My only hope is to reroll damage and maybe try that. Did other healers have a better experience than me? Maybe this is all just me being inexperienced at the pvp in this game or something, i dunno.
FWIW throughout the closed beta healers made the same exact complaint. They were veteran healers in other MMOs and did not like the smart healing design compared to being able to target a specific player and cast a direct heal.

Standard response from the hardcore fanboys on the forums was that it was all by design and intended to be different than other MMOs.

With that out of the way, I started using a Resto staff on my melee sorceror when I got the second action bar at level 15. I wanted the flexibility of being able to heal to increase my chances of getting into private dungeon groups. Let me also point out I have refused to play a healer in MMOs since vanilla WoW because I hate raid healing.

I had gotten a few ranks in the first two Resto staff skills when I ran Banished Cells with Tuco and two other PRX members. I can now fully understand why TESO designed healing in the way that they did. On every boss encounter, there was so much stuff going on forcing me to pay attention to the red poo on the ground that IMO there was no way I could pay attention to health bars to cast direct heals. For someone like me who generally hates healing in MMO, this smart healing design is something that I actually can get into.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can now fully understand why TESO designed healing in the way that they did. On every boss encounter, there was so much stuff going on forcing me to pay attention to the red poo on the ground that IMO there was no way I could pay attention to health bars to cast direct heals. For someone like me who generally hates healing in MMO, this smart healing design is something that I actually can get into.
Healers have been getting out of red shit on the floor while healing for a very long time. Are you saying you find it fun because it's way easier or do you consider Eso's mechanics harder?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Healers have been getting out of red shit on the floor while healing for a very long time. Are you saying you find it fun because it's way easier or do you consider Eso's mechanics harder?
Well there is more to it than just getting out of the red shit. In WoW all I had to do was get out of the red shit, follow whatever orders DBM was putting out and cast my raid heals. I didn't have to worry about adds beating on me thanks to the tanks having strong AOE taunts and DPSers having strong AOE damage.

In TESO in addition to having to get out of the red shit, I also have to block, interrupt and dodge. Since tanks don't have AOE taunts, I also have to kill the mobs attacking me.

Not saying it is harder or easier in TESO, just different than previous MMOs. I can also say after being the primary healer in 4-5 private dungeon runs so far, it's very rewarding at the end to finally complete it. If you run them with appropriate level characters, they are very challenging, especially when you are having to learn how the healing system works.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The dungeons are pretty fun with some of the boss mechanics. Do they have any hand crafted dungeons later on or are they all kind of template dungeons?

Oh and what is with the trash pulls? Are you supposed to get every single fucking mob in a room or was that a bug or L2P?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The dungeons are pretty fun with some of the boss mechanics. Do they have any hand crafted dungeons later on or are they all kind of template dungeons?

Oh and what is with the trash pulls? Are you supposed to get every single fucking mob in a room or was that a bug or L2P?
I consider all of the private group dungeons to be the hand-crafted variety. The torch dungeons are all templates for the most part.

Trash pulls are a L2P for the most part. The AI of the ranged mobs causes them to try get out of melee range. If your tank or melee DPS charge in, the mobs may back up and aggro another pack of trash. I've seen it happen a lot in Fungal Grotto. For those mobs, DK tanks can lasso pull them to the group otherwise ranged DPS need to take them out.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch Notes :

OVERVIEW

The Elder Scrolls Online v1.0.2 features a number of fixes to existing content, mainly focusing on quests that were blocking progression.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
General
Fixed an issue where siege weapons in Cyrodiil could have odd behavior after a crash.

Crafting & Economy
General
Fixed an issue where the game could crash when selling items to a vendor.
Hireling goodie bags are no longer tradeable.

Dungeons & Group Content
General
Edited the names for a number of items found in dungeons.
Sheogorath's Tongue: The cave boss now respawns at an appropriate rate.
Elden Hollow: Chokethorn will now always agro you when he is engaged.
Veteran Darkshade Caverns: Boss: The Engine Guardian's green phase now triggers properly.

Dark Anchors
Fixed an issue where the anchor could become stuck when a large group engages it.
Dark Anchors now properly reset back to their correct state when nobody is around.

Miscellaneous
General
Fixed an issue where guild members with deposit only permissions could not deposit into the guild bank.
Fixed an issue where you were unable to mount your horse if you went to a new area while already mounted.

Quests
General
Fixed an issue that occurred within a number of areas where you could knock other players or monsters out of the world.

Auridon
Frog Racing has been outlawed, and the quest is currently disabled. Race organizers vow to petition the queen for their return.
Wishing wells have been removed from Skywatch.
Sever All Ties: High Kinlady Estre should now always appear when she should.
In The Name of the Queen: Colanwe should no longer get stuck and block quest progression.
Rites of the Queen: Queen Ayrenn should no longer get stuck and block quest progression.
The Mallari-Mora: Uricantar will no longer instantly respawn.

Deshaan
Challenge the Tide: You can no longer repeatedly summon Gruznak.

Glenumbra
The Ghosts of Westtry: Fixed an issue so "Listen to Rosalind and Leon's Discussion" now properly completes and advances the quest.
Reclaiming the Elements: Each of you is now able to open a portal and advance the quest.
Mastering the Talisman: Gabrielle now always spawns near her tree.
Champion of the Guardians: If a monster that is defending the Wyresses gets stuck, it will now reset properly and advance the quest.
Reclaiming the Elements: Fixed an issue that was causing the quest to break when abandoned.
Wolves in the Fold: Refugees should now properly transform into werewolves as intended.

Grahtwood
Unsafe Haven: Jeer-Tei should now always now spawn on the boat.
Unsafe Haven: The ritual hostiles should now always spawn.

Greenshade
Handmade Guardian: The Bosmer are no longer interested in the sport fighting of lurchers.
Frighten the Fearsom: The Kollopi Essence disguise no longer works in Cyrodiil.
Retaking the Pass: You should now be able to get credit for closing the rifts during the "Close the Shadow Rifts" step.

Mages Guild
Long Lost Lore: Fixed an issue where you couldn't always use the portal at the end of Cheesemongers Hollow.

Main Quest
Castle of Worms: Overwhelming Power is now properly removed from you.

Rivenspire
Shornhelm Divided: High King Emeric should now appear when he should.
Children of Yokuda: Poison barrels should now spawn on for the step "Foil the Poison Plot."

Shadowfen
The Fangs of Sithis: Barvyn should now respawn as intended if he becomes stuck.

Stonefalls
Desperate Souls: The boss event now properly resets if the boss gets stuck.
Enslaved in Death: Spectral Slaves should now be able to be freed as intended.
The Brothers Will Rise: You should no longer get blocked when dying to a summoned atronach.
The Brothers Will Rise: Brimstone and Hatewarden should now be able to be spawned after becoming stuck.

The Rift
Gift of the Worm: The Graveborn Fleshripper should now respawn as intended if he becomes stuck.

UI
General
Added an English textual warning when deleting a character reminding you that items still attached to characters on deletion will be deleted. This includes items granted through pre-ordering, Imperial Editions, and beta rewards.
Reduced the number of characters that can be entered into a chat message. This should resolve an issue where some messages were too long to properly view in the chat window.
Source

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When is that patch coming?
B5dG0q7.jpg

Source