The Elder Scrolls Online

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or the ability to loot it. If I am running a Sorc and there is a 1h Mace upgrade someone could use, and I have no intention of leveling up a 1h Mace and I grab it, it could set a minimum level appropriate with the skill and kick it to someone that needs it. Pretty easy to flag an item and have the system cross reference the characters skill level for that item subset, and flip the flag of whether it can be looted or not. Probably would want to make it level range specific. Level 1-15, 15-25, 25-35, 35-45, 45-50, and Each level of VR item.
pretty much.. I wont roll on shit I don't care to use... side note.. A lot of chest/heavy bags are missed if you're running with a fast paced group. Don't zone out at the end and go back and explore.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also how do these group xp grind groups work out? I see them a lot at the grinding spots I'm at but as a nightblade I kill mobs in 2-3 hits with 0 downtime, doing a level every 30-40 minutes. I have hard time believing being in a group of 5 people is going to be faster unless the xp isnt split up and they get full xp everytime? anyone know?
Some grind groups get up to 20-30m levels, but that's with optimal groups. Plus there's wasted time with organization. If you're getting 30-40m levels I don't think grind groups are worth it unless you get bored out of your mind and want some company.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Some grind groups get up to 20-30m levels, but that's with optimal groups. Plus there's wasted time with organization. If you're getting 30-40m levels I don't think grind groups are worth it unless you get bored out of your mind and want some company.
30-40m solo levels are ideal, I agree with Tuco on this.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ok cool I was thinking the same. Just got vampire drain essence and really speeds things up, plus dont have to use stamina pots anymore.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I had such low expectation for ESO PvE content mainly because I had horrible beta experience involving "logging off at lvl3 on newbie island and never bother to log back on". But hey, I am lvl30 now on live and after finishing everything in 3 main maps (plus 2 islands), I have to say this whole ESO MMO experience has been rare, interesting, and surprisingly positive.

So what happened?

Exploration, you get quests by explore. Yes, there is a main quest line to follow starting from tutorial area. But once you finish tutorial zone. You will be at the main city. You can choose to go back to the "beta newbie island". It's up to you, but all I know is from the main city, every direction you explore, you will find side quests for all these little areas. Keep in mind that explore an area doesn't always mean finishing quest line there.

In many cases, there is quest available for an area. Instead, you need to visit a shrine; defeat a group+ mob; close a rift (AKA dark anchor); or discovery ancient craft station in which to craft unique gear set. What's more? You find all crafting materials only by exploration; you will find Lore books that level up your skills, even better, if you love lore in Elder Scroll. READ ALL OF THEM. What about chest? You will find all these hidden chests out of nowhere and have a little lock-picking mini-game. Get into someone's house? open every closets, desks, and bookshelf. It is like Christmas, different stuff every time.

And boys, you don't want to miss out all those Skyshards. That's how you get more skill points. You can also join up Fighter Guild or Mage Guild just like all other Elder Scroll games. By leveling up these guilds, you can acquire unique guild spells/abilities. And don't forget you can turn in Vampire or Werewolf!

Questing in ESO does NOT get overwhelming or distracted. Single quest chain for each small area, you don't grab five quests from five different NPCs in a hub like you shop in a supermarket. Instead, you can spend time and listen to voice acting from that SINGLE quest chain in the area. Even better, I have NOT encountered a single quest that involve "kill X amount of mob". None of that shit. And no, quest giver does NOT shown on the map, you could only detect them through compass.

Now, that's just PvE in ESO. AvA(massive PvP) is even more exciting in ESO. Remember RvR in DAoC? Warhammer Online? Or WvW in GW2?
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Now, that's just PvE in ESO. AvA(massive PvP) is even more exciting in ESO. Remember RvR in DAoC? Warhammer Online? Or WvW in GW2?
smile.png
Cyrodiil has been pretty fun so far, but it's even more anonymous and and pointless than GW2 was. You literally can't tell who you're fighting, it's all this anonymouse player funhouse.

Last night we were sieging an enemy keep deep in their territory and got flanked by a huge force of organized players and were wiped for the first time in ESO. Our scouts saw them and reported their presence immediately but we didn't have enough time or ability to redirect siege at them. We have no idea which guild was leading that attack, which removes a whole dimension from organized PvP.

And because you have no investment in any particular keep there is not much excitement from taking one or losing one. You just fight over the same keeps every day. The length of the campaigns means that unlike GW2 nobody cares about points or who is winning.

That being said, we're having a lot of fun, they just made the game watered down compared to previous PvP games.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What do you mean Tuco? You cannot see their names and guild markings? No communicating between factions? If so, yeah thats pretty shitty.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
What do you mean Tuco? You cannot see their names and guild markings? No communicating between factions? If so, yeah thats pretty shitty.
There are no nameplates so you have no idea who you are attacking or what guild they belong to.

FWIW nameplates were a major discussion issue on the PTS forums the entire time I was on PTS starting in January. By then nameplates were already gone.

Apparently the reason they were removed is because the PVPers on PTS complained about them. If I understand their argument correctly, they claimed that nameplates gave away your position to the enemy. Personally that didn't make sense to me because if you are sneaking, the nameplates should disappear. If you aren't sneaking, then the enemy can see you anyways so who cares at that point.

Once they were removed, there has been nonstop requests to add them back in so I assume ZOS will eventually add them back in.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nameplates do give away your position, but so do the blue/yellow/red markers and health bars above your names. Everything is hidden when stealthed.

What's funny about the removal of features that help people organize is that it just makes it so much easier for extremely organized groups like ours to beat disorganized groups of random people on the map. I can't imagine trying to lead a group of people around the map. The militia on both sides just trickle in everywhere which makes it easy for our skirmish groups to shut down reinforcements by picking them off.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Nameplates do give away your position, but so do the blue/yellow/red markers and health bars above your names. Everything is hidden when stealthed.

What's funny about the removal of features that help people organize is that it just makes it so much easier for extremely organized groups like ours to beat disorganized groups of random people on the map. I can't imagine trying to lead a group of people around the map. The militia on both sides just trickle in everywhere which makes it easy for our skirmish groups to shut down reinforcements by picking them off.
Mmm Bridge Blender (On)

Let me drank that AP meatshake yum.

But seriously, they have enemy icons over non stealthed units. At the very least put the guild tag in the mouseover healthbar as a title. Yeah?

Column_sl

shitlord
I can see where the dev team was going with this. Minimum UI, no name plates etc, but you have to give your player base some choice.

Name plates are just something that is needed in a social game imho. Just think of an inventive way to do them if you want to be diffrent.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tabards and armor dyes would mitigate the problem, but certainly wouldn't solve it.

No nameplates is just some designer holding onto his turd baby.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Which is another reason why the removal made no sense from a PVP competitive advantage perspective.

ZOS may have had a technical reason for removing them if it improved performance with large number of players in general vicinity of one another. I know in other MMOs a general tip to improve frame rate on PVE raids was to turn off nameplates. If that is the case, then it should still be a configurable setting that the player has control over and can toggle on/off whenever they want.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Any game that has performance issues because of displaying text just has a text drawing routine that is super unoptimized. There's no reason for a game like TESO to easily be able to render 1000 names on screen without a noticeable drop in FPS.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It is my opinion (No Source) that a certain creative director (Not to be named) didn't want name plates because World of Warcraft had nameplates and nameplates isn't Elder Scroll-sy. (No Source)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan if you have some insider info, no matter how unconfirmed and probably made up you need to spill the beans as often and profusely as possible!

Vitality

HUSTLE
It is my opinion (No Source) that a certain creative director (Not to be named) didn't want name plates because World of Warcraft had nameplates and nameplates isn't Elder Scroll-sy. (No Source)
But mudcrabs dropping battle-axes is?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So I tested it and as long as you are grouped/wearing ring of mara with your partner then you get 10% xp no matter level or distance