The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
On a bet. Don't forget that.

The game isn't anything special and I managed about 8 hours of play before cutting the cord already. (Which could very well be due to overexposure from months of playing it before) As did the guy that bet me. He hasn't logged in in two weeks and is now hooked on the HOTS alpha)

The combat is still unresponsive from the hot bars, there are still annoyances in which you are mashing the E Key a couple times just to open a door because the system failed to recognize you hit the E key, as Pyksel mentioned above (I never experienced it directly but I assure you he did) VR Vs Non VR PvP unless it gets balanced immediately will be a cluster. Itemization is still boring. 1 gold... 2 gold... 3 gold... 4. Mobs going after random people without recourse thinking that is good design somehow. (This one irked me a lot. Especially when they are linked from across two rooms in a cave and I pull down 4 mobs on me because I hit one, with a delay of about 5 seconds before the other 3 come). UI is horrible, and really bone headed decisions in group/raid scenarios when it comes to what you can see for other players when you need to support them. Whether PvP or PvE. Action combat is still janky due to the dual layered targeting system.

Things going for it: Fairly well done atmospheric environments, good music (even though it seems like some of it was ripped from Skyrim directly) they seemed to have cleaned up some of the questing. I actually managed to do the frog racing quest - I think that one was broken since last August on PTS.) The Skill/Weapon/Armor system and some of the leveling traits/powers.

With that said, right now it's the ugliest girl turns hot in the bar because she is the only girl in the bar. Compared to other MMORPG launches it is exactly the same as the last games we have seen since 2004. Just a mish-mash of features from other games doing none of them well, but passable to make a game and ship it out and see how much money can be drawn in. The positive posts are fans that just love the game and will regardless. But there is nothing worth $59.99 here and a sub fee. At all. I am going to be curious how many stick around passed the first month.
Translated: Utnaynan didn't get an invite to join PRX so it's back to fabricating negative stuff about the game again.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Translated: Utnaynan didn't get an invite to join PRX so it's back to fabricating negative stuff about the game again.
I actually agree with a lot of the points Ut made. I think if people are STILL sitting on the fence with this game, the best time to purchase it is right now. I don't see it withstanding the up and coming competition of games down the line when the population and interest start to thin out but stranger things have happened.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I actually agree with a lot of the points Ut made. I think if people are STILL sitting on the fence with this game, the best time to purchase it is right now. I don't see it withstanding the up and coming competition of games down the line when the population and interest start to thin out but stranger things have happened.
What up an coming games are you referring to? I don't think there is anything to worry about from Wildstar. The WoW expansion will draw some folks back but it's at the end of the year.

The naysayers have been consistently wrong on pretty much every major prediction about TESO so far. Based on their track record, I'm inclined to believe Zenimax has a major hit on their hands, the incoming revenue will be massive, and they have a solid foundation to add more content and enhancements to the game.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fabricating what? The combat is still very unresponsive. Constantly getting delays are abilities simply refusing to fire. What did he say in his statement that is false?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
What up an coming games are you referring to? I don't think there is anything to worry about from Wildstar. The WoW expansion will draw some folks back but it's at the end of the year.

The naysayers have been consistently wrong on pretty much every major prediction about TESO so far. Based on their track record, I'm inclined to believe Zenimax has a major hit on their hands, the incoming revenue will be massive, and they have a solid foundation to add more content and enhancements to the game.
I think Ut's latest post is quite accurate regarding combat, quests, itemization, longevity, class flexibility, music, and atmosphere. Nowhere in his post does he reference PRX or why we didn't recruit him so I'm not sure why you're defaulting to that as a reason to refute his post. It's great that you and others still see the "shiny" in the game and you should definitely hold on to that, but to put up blinders thinking that there aren't plenty of people that are already bored with the game is just naive in my opinion.

As far as what's coming down the pipe for games, well I won't do your work for you on that one because much like anything else at this stage, it's just hype.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You know, you can admit the faults of a game and still like it and promote it. Ignoring them doesn't help your cause. It doesn't mean you cannot love your game.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Could only find shit about mudcrabs dropping axes and things like that. The thread has 567 pages, I'm not gonna try to fucking navigate it for information. This is what you get with one thread per game. What happened to making sub-forums for new major releases? If you expect me to wade through potentially dozens upon dozens of pages to see what people think of the game, I'm not even gonna bother using the forum.
You might want to try to stop being a giant pussy.

Blackwulf

N00b
My biggest gripe atm is the absolutely shittastic UI in the guild store. I'm in a 500 member trade guild and the lack of a search term field means wading through dozens of pages of shit I don't want.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I think Ut's latest post is quite accurate regarding combat, quests, itemization, longevity, class flexibility, music, and atmosphere. Nowhere in his post does he reference PRX or why we didn't recruit him so I'm not sure why you're defaulting to that as a reason to refute his post. It's great that you and others still see the "shiny" in the game and you should definitely hold on to that, but to put up blinders thinking that there aren't plenty of people that are already bored with the game is just naive in my opinion.

As far as what's coming down the pipe for games, well I won't do your work for you on that one because much like anything else at this stage, it's just hype.
After a couple of years on a crusade bashing this game every chance he got, Utnayan bought it on Day 2 claiming he lost a bet with someone. He invited me as a friend and I accepted. He applied to PRX the same day. On Day 3 Ut got up to level 9, which is displayed on my friends list, and then stopped playing. Call it a hunch but based on the timing, his tone reverted back to hater mode immediately after his app was denied.

If people are bored with this game already, then the MMO genre is not for them. If I'm a game designer, I would not waste one minute of my resources trying to satisfy a gamer who is already bored with this game. It's a lost cause with that type of player.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Fabricating what? The combat is still very unresponsive. Constantly getting delays are abilities simply refusing to fire. What did he say in his statement that is false?
That ability delay thing is really fucking irritating too. I often try to switch weapons and end up doing it twice. :/ It's not GW2 swapping that's for sure.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After a couple of years on a crusade bashing this game every chance he got, Utnayan bought it on Day 2 claiming he lost a bet with someone. He invited me as a friend and I accepted. He applied to PRX the same day. On Day 3 Ut got up to level 9, which is displayed on my friends list, and then stopped playing. Call it a hunch but based on the timing, his tone reverted back to hater mode immediately after his app was denied.

If people are bored with this game already, then the MMO genre is not for them. If I'm a game designer, I would not waste one minute of my resources trying to satisfy a gamer who is already bored with this game. It's a lost cause with that type of player.
Once again you try to deflect the problems of the game with more UT bullshit by dragging PRX into it. What he said was accurate about the combat etc and you accused him of lying. Combat responsiveness is very important to people and pretending it's not a problem and putting blinders on show you have zero willingness to have an honest discussion about the issue or the game. Also how you like to put a blanket over all players bored with the game as not liking MMO's. This game has serious problems, most shockingly that are easy fucking fixes that they refuse to do.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That ability delay thing is really fucking irritating too. I often try to switch weapons and end up doing it twice. :/ It's not GW2 swapping that's for sure.
Yah. I've actually gotten over the animations but combat delay is killing it for me. The worst is when you switch weapons and the weapon doesn't switch but the action bar does. Only happened in pvp for me so might be a lag issue or something. Really is a shame because I am in love with the class system. Every game should copy this system going forward.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

I stopped playing because I was quest bugged and, quite frankly, was completely bored of it by then and couldn't grind my way to 10 to play PvP with the goons. I was also having issues getting passed a few solo quests where I was only out-leveled by 1 level, and due to the nature of the game, was pulling 4 mobs instead of one, even though they were miles apart from each other and were still linked. Along with other problems such as combat responsiveness and other things I had mentioned. I did lose the bet, although I did find it a bit hilarious when I requested you as my first friend, which was completely intentional. I had to type your name twice I was laughing so hard.

Yes, my application to PRX was denied based on my loud mouthed posting history, which I agree with given their stance on public posting. My entrance would have thrown off their system, and I am completely fine with that. Sounds like a good group of folks to take PvP seriously with and sounds like a nice family style guild. It doesn't have any bearing on what I posted above. You should quit trying to scapegoat so hard here or find reasons for why people think as they do, when it looks like others feel the same way I posted about, yet you completely bypass that. Tuco was super nice about it. Ultimately, he did a good read of the application. I would not have lasted more than about 2-3 days, only wanted to see what organized PvP was like, and would have most likely been gone almost immediately so it wouldn't have been a good fit. They like long term members.

That doesn't have any bearing on my opinion of the final product here. I would like to see your final sales numbers. As of now it has fallen down below Assassin's Creed 3 on the Amazon top seller list with a large red arrow on it saying it is falling, and we aren't out of the two week launch window yet, which doesn't mean exactly good things. I also have not heard a peep from ZO on any sales numbers or, really, anything regarding revenue.

Don't worry, I am sure this will change once the console versions come out. I will attribute that to the console players not knowing what they are purchasing, along with a lack of library for those consoles so they are starved to try any content out on their new machines.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Jesus Christ - is there a faggot river you can jump into or something?

bayr_sl

shitlord
I haven't heard much news about this since launch. Shouldn't they have boasted about sales or something by now. I don't even see much advertising for it, I swear there were skyrim commercials on TV, but maybe I'm wrong.

Or maybe the real launch in their eyes are for consoles

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I actually agree with a lot of the points Ut made. I think if people are STILL sitting on the fence with this game, the best time to purchase it is right now.I don't see it withstanding the up and coming competition of games down the line when the population and interest start to thin out but stranger things have happened.
The timing and competition are the biggest positives this game has, really.

Wildstar won't really be taking any people and there aren't any other good MMOs in the near future. There's going backwards or looking at expansions for 10 year old games that are really stale.

EQ Next will be legit competition for the older games, but again I have little faith they'll release a solid product.

I disagree the right time is now. I think in a few months this game will be nicely polished and still have a healthy population. It's pretty raw and there are a lot of irking little things <weapon swap, combat delay, NPC tuning> that will hopefully be done and the UI will be better for addons then, too. In addition the PVP should be mature and more fun if they tune that correctly.

The game is solid, but still in need of a lot of work. However, it'll be the only fresh non Asian MMO released this year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Combat response time has gotten worse or maybe the lag has? I'm loading a lot now. I end up just logging off. The game is fun but doesn't have me wanting to play hours on end. Not with that shit going on anyway.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Once again you try to deflect the problems of the game with more UT bullshit by dragging PRX into it. What he said was accurate about the combat etc and you accused him of lying. Combat responsiveness is very important to people and pretending it's not a problem and putting blinders on show you have zero willingness to have an honest discussion about the issue or the game. Also how you like to put a blanket over all players bored with the game as not liking MMO's. This game has serious problems, most shockingly that are easy fucking fixes that they refuse to do.
Utnayan has been fabricating stuff about this game left and right for months. Not my problem if you aren't capable of figuring it out for yourself. I just pointed out why he changed his tune back to being a hater. Don't get your panties all in a wad trying to defend him.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Presume you're aware of the guild rule about PRX members not posting shit on forums ? You might want to wind your neck in.