The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Presume you're aware of the guild rule about PRX members not posting shit on forums ? You might want to wind your neck in.
If pointing out why Utnayan changed his tune about the game in between Day 2 and Day 3 violates that rule, I'm sure Tuco will say something about it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
ITT: Old men having teen-age girl hair pulling slap fights on internet forums.

The drama is glorious!

Not to derail said drama or anything, but if anyone has any ESO relevant questions that need answered go ahead and post, I'll be here all day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Game is still on my radar, I'm just waiting it out. What's the feel of the game? Is it going to last or is it going to eventually sit in the graveyard?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Game is still on my radar, I'm just waiting it out. What's the feel of the game? Is it going to last or is it going to eventually sit in the graveyard?
Good question, it really depends on if they screw the pooch on the AZ's and continue making cyrodiil more worthless than it already is.

Example: They recently nerfed cyrodiil player kill quests to be daily instead of repeatable as an effort to curb repeatable abuse. This effectively nipped cyrodiil's leveling/reward value in the bud. Some contacts within my immediate pvp group have had words with Brian Wheeler about said topic, and wheeler states that this isn't permanent and that they're working on upping the value of Cyrodiil.

Some examples Wheeler stated were:

1.) More variance in pvp type quests
2.) More value in pvp kills (More XP/AP for killing higher priority targets, likely a term used for killing people who have been alive for a while ala Planetside)
3.) Keeps having quest boards so you don't have to leave the fight to reap your rewards

Ultimately the longevity of this game will be determined by Brian Wheeler and his decisions in Cyrodiil.

I subbed for 3 months, because IDGAF about money and my skirmish boys are the actual fucking best.

#skirmlife

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Utnayan has been fabricating stuff about this game left and right for months. Not my problem if you aren't capable of figuring it out for yourself. I just pointed out why he changed his tune back to being a hater. Don't get your panties all in a wad trying to defend him.
Once again what does any of that have to do with the post you said he lied about? His complaints are valid and verified by just playing the game. Deflect and try to change the subject all you want but it doesn't change the fact he is right in that post.

Don't you want the game to improve? Don't you want people to stay and keep playing? You and people like yourself's willingness to ignore the problems of this game isn't helping any. This board I will admit does tend to focus on the negative. Sadly that is usually the only way these problems get addressed is if enough people scream about it or they lose enough subs. There are plenty of circle jerk forums where everyone loves everything and suck up every word the developers say. This isn't one of them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh in that case ignore my question and continue your incessant cunt-bagging.
IMO it's worth the $48 it cost at GMG. If you like RPGs you'll get a good 60 hours of leveling in your faction to hit level 50. And if you so choose you can spend another ~100 hours doing the other two factions quests (with a new or same character).

If you like large scale PVP and get in an organized group that can be a ton of fun, but it's not for everyone.

I have no idea how the PVE endgame will hold out. There's heal and tank specs but I don't think the community has fully understood how difficult bosses will be tanked and healed yet, so we don't know if they'll be able to use the tank / heal / dps + misc fun style gameplay of WoW or the retarded gameplay of GW2 at hard PVE fights.

It's also worth getting because of the unique combination they have for class systems from traditional ES and traditional MMOs. They missed the ball on a few things and could've been more ambitious on the removal of levels but it was at least a new attempt and I think a successful one.

I think it would have been even better if they completely removed levels and classes, and also increased the number of abilities you can slot from 5 to 8-12. I also think they should have cooldowns on some abilities rather than only using mana. The other big complaint I have is the soft-cap mechanism for stats is a diversity killer in builds.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
ITT: Old men having teen-age girl hair pulling slap fights on internet forums.

The drama is glorious!

Not to derail said drama or anything, but if anyone has any ESO relevant questions that need answered go ahead and post, I'll be here all day.
If I quest to 50 am I essentially screwing myself for veteran ranks later on. Do you know if they are ever going to make leveling in PVP viable?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Ultimately the longevity of this game will be determined by Brian Wheeler and his decisions in Cyrodiil.
Obviously a good prediction if you are referring to the hardcore PVP players who are only playing TESO because of Cyrodil. I have no idea what percentage of the customer base that actually applies to.

You would assume if Wheeler is in direct communication with the PVP community, he knows what changes, enhancements, etc they would like to see made. What we don't know is if Wheeler and ZOS will make future design decisions about Cyrodil to make the hardcore PVPers happy or the casual PVPers happy. IMO the nameplate debacle was made to placate the casual PVPers, not the hardcore PVPers.

If Craglorn adventure zone turns out to be fun and challenging, the PVE raiding community will be happy which likely guarantees the longevity of the game regardless of how meaningful Cyrodil PVP turns out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
IMO the nameplate debacle was made to placate the casual PVPers, not the hardcore PVPers.
I agree that the change was targeted at casuals, but it's totally a miss. Casual PVPers are hurt worst by removal of organization features. Organized groups like ours can easily decimate groups of unorganized people when they can't easily figure out who is leading. Features like commander icons from GW2 make casual PVPers much more successful.

Vitality

HUSTLE
If I quest to 50 am I essentially screwing myself for veteran ranks later on. Do you know if they are ever going to make leveling in PVP viable?
Not all Jack, Certain veteran quests give a shit-load of VP more than the sub-veteran quests.

I'm pretty sure you can get to VR6+ if you just casual through most of the post-50 content.

Keep in mind you get Adventure points for killing people in PVP (there's a guy I know named Flex who went into Cyrodiil fresh off of 50 and he's already VR3 ish from just poopsocking in PVP). I'm surprised he's not emperor yet.

Getting VR's is no joke, each rank is basically the equivalent of 5 real levels in terms of xp required and the only monsters that give even a smidge of VP are bosses.

In short: The extra quests I have over you because I grinded to 50 are an extreme last resort.

On the subject of PVP leveling, don't, it got punched in the dick pretty hard.

Wheeler (PVP Lead Dev) said he'd do something about it. But who knows how far that side-convo will go.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You would assume if Wheeler is in direct communication with the PVP community, he knows what changes, enhancements, etc they would like to see made.
Are you intentionally playing devils advocate?

Talk to some people in guild about this subject.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
No to screwing yourself over. The leveling curve for the veteran ranks are designed upon the assumption that you are primarily doing PVE questing in the other two factions zones. Doing one factions PVE quests should get you to VR5 and doing the other faction should get you to VR10.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Are you intentionally playing devils advocate?

Talk to some people in guild about this subject.
Devils advocate?

I know good and well what people in guild are saying on the subject. The same arguments they are making now were already made back on the PTS forums a long time ago and ignored. The nameplate issue being the best example.

Numerous people here have said nameplates are essential to making PVP meaningful. There are numerous posts on PTS forums saying the same exact thing pleading with ZOS to add nameplates back in. Brian Wheeler either ignored them or got overruled and was forced to remove them. I don't know which.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Devils advocate?

I know good and well what people in guild are saying on the subject. The same arguments they are making now were already made back on the PTS forums a long time ago and ignored. The nameplate issue being the best example.

Numerous people here have said nameplates are essential to making PVP meaningful. There are numerous posts on PTS forums saying the same exact thing pleading with ZOS to add nameplates back in. Brian Wheeler either ignored them or got overruled and was forced to remove them. I don't know which.
I see what you're getting at, sort of.

I guess my response is this: Wheeler most certainly is not ignoring our PVP community. That's a not so commonly known fact I suppose.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Pointing out issues they should fix isn't a cardinal sin nor should you get so uptight about it. The issues exist. Some are subjective (When I actually complimented the atmosphere/landscape) some aren't. (Combat responsiveness and ability delay). They did a couple things right, they did a few things wrong, and they panned out the rest in a mediocre fashion. Welcome to every other MMORPG, that this is no different from, since 2004. It isn't a good game. It isn't a bad game. It's one plate of mediocre shipped in a stale time frame for launches such as the height of a WoW expansion, a complete lull for anything being released in this genre at the moment, and everyone knew that when the president of the company said nothing will innovate in this genre any longer. I disagree with that, I think there are plenty of ways to innovate and we are seeing that right now in new game developments within this genre.

With that said, I'll be looking for your sales figures. I'm curious how well it will do on the consoles. If it succeeds, it will be because of confusion on what the game is for those players when they see the IP or a general lack of anything to purchase for their new shiny console. If it fails, ZO will say that the console market isn't ready for sub based MMORPG's. Either way, no one will hold the game itself responsible for either unless it is #1. The game will never fail in the eyes of the industry. There is always another scapegoat. (Completely separate topic)

Edit: Brian Wheeler was over-ruled
No Source