The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You obviously haven't played any other MMO's. The entire mechanic of "smart heals" derps it down. Remedial boss mechanics "although fun". Easy mode siege warfare. Just to name a few core ones. The most difficult thing is praying your ability actually fires or your weapon switches.
Just curious, but have you actually tried healing with a resto staff in a private dungeon? Whack-a-mole healing is significantly a lot easier than TESO healing IMO.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
They could always have nameplates and actually aim the heal at the person needing it. Oops, can't have nameplates.
Aiming your heals is already in the game with Blessing of Protection and Steadfast Ward. If you aren't aiming at the person who needs healing when you use those two abilities, they won't get healed.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just curious, but have you actually tried healing with a resto staff in a private dungeon? Whack-a-mole healing is significantly a lot easier than TESO healing IMO.
Yes I have. Only thing I found difficult was it was like playing with a drunk driving simulator were things would go off at a delay. I do find it more fun then WoW type healing though. They need to eliminate smart heals imo, that aint gonna happen though.

Don't get me wrong I do like the game, they just dumbed down some shit that didn't need to be. The bugs and lag are taking their toll on me and I'm beyond frustrated. I can't play atm because I have zero fucking skill points because they all vanished when I respeced.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most negative comments seem to come from people who've gave up during 1-50 leveling. I agree with some concerns, bash grind being way faster than questing is stupid, some quests bug a lot if you're leveling in a crowded area and grouping is a bit clunky. I also agree about some other concerns (inventory, bank space, character animations, etc). I myself still have strong concerns about the game's future and Zenimax' reactivity at fixing / improving critical stuff (people getting bank or skill points robbed, main quests bugged since 10 days, etc). I pretty much think if there are no solid improvements / fixes / balance for June, the MMO crowd will jump to Wildstar and let this ship sink.

But when I read complaints about ESO healing I can't but think of people running around, jumping and shit, spamming Healing Springs / Mutagen like rabid squirrels and call it "retarded", "it's nothing but spam etc". These people must be very bad at videogames if they think they would main heal anything in serious content with a ~80 health HoT, especially when any tank will have +3k health. As Rescorla said, while HS / Mutagen can be spammed like Hell until your magicka goes poof, the other spells will be required to even remotely be called "healer". Templar got an area heal ? Yes it's point blank 10 meters and it has casting time, meaning you have to actually know your stuff. Resto Staff got Area HoT ? Yes, it's over as soon as people go out of the AoE, so you can't really spam it while stuff is moving. Most healing spells are designed like this, they come with a downside.

It would be so funny to see those people heal if ESO had hard target healing, where anyone going between you and your target will fuck up everything "omg Jack got healed while I tried to heal Steven omg fuck shit fuck". ESO healing isn't stellar and require a lot less timing / skill / theorycraft than some MMO out there, but calling it retarded because some heals have auto target is just dumb.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't play the game you're describing.
I think you're starting to get it now.

These large companies don't make games for people like you. I doubt any ever did. Remember your recap in this thread of your gameplay and what you would have done if you didn't have a job? You're not the person anyone talks about when either making a game or playing a game, unless it's negative. No offense, but I think you know that already.

That's my point; they don't make those games for you. Or Resc. They don't make any big budget niche games anymore. The only people doing that are indies without the big budget part.

That's why I find it funny when people tell casuals to get the fuck out of their themepark game and it would be better off.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Most negative comments seem to come from people who've gave up during 1-50 leveling. I agree with some concerns, bash grind being way faster than questing is stupid, some quests bug a lot if you're leveling in a crowded area and grouping is a bit clunky. I also agree about some other concerns (inventory, bank space, character animations, etc). I myself still have strong concerns about the game's future and Zenimax' reactivity at fixing / improving critical stuff (people getting bank or skill points robbed, main quests bugged since 10 days, etc). I pretty much think if there are no solid improvements / fixes / balance for June, the MMO crowd will jump to Wildstar and let this ship sink.

But when I read complaints about ESO healing I can't but think of people running around, jumping and shit, spamming Healing Springs / Mutagen like rabid squirrels and call it "retarded", "it's nothing but spam etc". These people must be very bad at videogames if they think they would main heal anything in serious content with a ~80 health HoT, especially when any tank will have +3k health. As Rescorla said, while HS / Mutagen can be spammed like Hell until your magicka goes poof, the other spells will be required to even remotely be called "healer". Templar got an area heal ? Yes it's point blank 10 meters and it has casting time, meaning you have to actually know your stuff. Resto Staff got Area HoT ? Yes, it's over as soon as people go out of the AoE, so you can't really spam it while stuff is moving. Most healing spells are designed like this, they come with a downside.

It would be so funny to see those people heal if ESO had hard target healing, where anyone going between you and your target will fuck up everything "omg Jack got healed while I tried to heal Steven omg fuck shit fuck". ESO healing isn't stellar and require a lot less timing / skill / theorycraft than some MMO out there, but calling it retarded because some heals have auto target is just dumb.
I'm just waiting to see what will happen in a few months when right now, you have a healer shortage.

If a lot of people can't figure it out like you said at LOW levels, wait until they get to the end. You'll have that many more skipping town. Of course the decent guilds will have their own pocket healers as usual, but if you think about how many PUGs and all that LFG folk they'll lose which seems to be most of what makes up populations in these mmos these days, that might spell trouble.

I'm not advocating for a revamp, my healing is easy because I went retard on it, Templar, all cloth, everything I can get pretty much into improving it. Problem is you see a lot of people trying to make heal and dps early, get gimped up and can't heal or tank for shit or because they put all their skillpoints into seeing where oak nodes are from 100 yards or something. These are the people who quit before max because they don't understand it all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There will never be a healer shortage in this game once people get settled. Anyone can heal in this game so everyone will have healing gear and skills they can use.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Getting real tired of your shit, ESO. Half our raids get bugged out or kicked out of Cyrodiil by the end of the night. I've spent the last hour of both our last two raids sitting in loading screens.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
careful when jumping off ledges (not me)
rvCpy3T.jpg

The environments are all the same, my character moves and fights like a retarded mime, the quests are unintuitive and boring, voice acting is shit. Is the pvp ok at least?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Tomorrows Patch

We?ll be pushing a new patch during our regularly scheduled maintenance time tomorrow. The full patch notes will be available during the maintenance period, but we wanted to share the highlights with you now since they were a direct result of your feedback:

We have fixed issues with several quests that were blocking main quest progression.
Those include Crossing the Chasm, Castle of the Worm, and The Army of Meridia.

We have fixed the issue with Liberation of Northpoint. The quest is now completable.
We have fixed several issues with Banished Cells that were making it uncompletable.
We have made many other quest fixes.
We have implemented many new things to thwart gold farmers, spammers, and botters.

In-Progress Updates In addition to the fixes going live tomorrow, we want to give you a status update on some of the other hot issues we?re working on.

Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points ? We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted?we?re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

Long Loading Times/Social Lag ? Some people have been experiencing long loading times, guild chat lag, and other social systems lag, especially during peak times. We are aware of this and are actively investigating it. As soon as we have a fix, we will push it live.

Dungeon Treasure Chests ? Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it?s ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters ? Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback and concerns with us. We?ll continue to read and listen, and update you on known issues and their status.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch Notes v1.0.3 - Elder Scrolls Online

There will never be a healer shortage in this game once people get settled.Anyone can healin this game so everyone will have healing gear and skills they can use.
Anyone can equip resto staff, but Templars right now are main healers.

Getting real tired of your shit, ESO. Half our raids get bugged out or kicked out of Cyrodiil by the end of the night. I've spent the last hour of both our last two raids sitting in loading screens.
We had the same problems last night on "Eu" server, infinite loading and crashes in Cyrodiil.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'm really missing being involved with the guys and following closely what we're doing but this stuff is one of the reasons I'm not playing. I'd just be a raging tard by now what with this and the bank bugs and raging tards only make things worse for everybody.

Hope they don't nerf grind leveling speed any more before I do get to play. Guessing they will from the things I'm reading.

Have there been any issues with getting everyone together on the same map ?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters ? Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.
So much for the cash cow! Will miss grinding the end of dungeons for the extra loot! That was such a money maker for my small group. Loot, mail, loot mail...return to sender and $$$$.

Tomorrows Patch
Dungeon Treasure Chests - Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it's ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters - Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback and concerns with us. We'll continue to read and listen, and update you on known issues and their status.finally!