The Elder Scrolls Online

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
TESO has some design problems I don't particularly care for but I don't see a reason to come here and whine and complain about it incessantly like some people do.
You do remember where you are, right?
wink.png

rrr_img_65176.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
TESO has some design problems I don't particularly care for but I don't see a reason to come here and whine and complain about it incessantly like some people do. There are several criticisms about the game (bank bug, the widespread bannings of innocent players, lack of nameplates, the duping exploits etc) that are legit. You haven't seen me defending ZOS like a shill on those because I agree it's screwed up.
Don't forget those of us who feel like it's our duty to cut the shit out and contribute actual first hand experience.

I'd like to think that people place "some" value in the words I post here, except some of my more trolly posts.

Delusions of a pickle-free society I suppose.

Vitality

HUSTLE
BTW Bondurant, if you're around, the Breton passive is fixed now. XOXO

Nightblade 8% magicka passive (in siphoning) is still broken though.

Also, dying in cyrodiil sometimes shuts off ALL of your passives until you relog, not just vamp passives.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The game is fun, if your story line quests dont bug out its easily worth the money.

Its just not constructed well enough to last as a long term game. Its kinda sad, the formula isnt really all that complex. But I hit vr10, I will play lightly for the next month while exams and dissertation work take up most of my time, then maybe hardcore again for a bit with craglorn. Can't complain that the game isn't worth the price.

Craglorn is going to be a good barometer for the game, if they are smart craglorn will be fairly easy, and gate the gear behind a time investment door like an EQ raid rather than a difficulty door like a wow raid. The game has fun combat, but the balance is absolutely terrible, like EQ1 levels of bad, which is why they need EQ1 levels of easy for the raid structure to really work. A raid structure like WoW will just highlight the imbalance and drive people who picked like dps templar instead of sorc to quit. Devs are dumb tho and generally like to make hard content because its what their neckbeard DM instincts tell them to do, its a shame those suits who everyone claims run the companies and cause all the problems don't actually run the companies.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The game is fun, if your story line quests dont bug out its easily worth the money.

Its just not constructed well enough to last as a long term game. Its kinda sad, the formula isnt really all that complex. But I hit vr10, I will play lightly for the next month while exams and dissertation work take up most of my time, then maybe hardcore again for a bit with craglorn. Can't complain that the game isn't worth the price.

Craglorn is going to be a good barometer for the game, if they are smart craglorn will be fairly easy, and gate the gear behind a time investment door like an EQ raid rather than a difficulty door like a wow raid. The game has fun combat, but the balance is absolutely terrible, like EQ1 levels of bad, which is why they need EQ1 levels of easy for the raid structure to really work. A raid structure like WoW will just highlight the imbalance and drive people who picked like dps templar instead of sorc to quit. Devs are dumb tho and generally like to make hard content because its what their neckbeard DM instincts tell them to do, its a shame those suits who everyone claims run the companies and cause all the problems don't actually run the companies.
You're completely overlooking the 5 second GCD Cyrodiil server-stressed ultimate spamming pvp I take it. Commonly regarded previously as the games only above average selling point.

Sure I'm still a little salty about last night, but fuck man 5 second ability delay is just not cool.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wonder why that lag has popped up. It's not like users in Cyrodiil or gamewide are increasing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
No clue man, I wish I could arm-chair dev it, but all I got is some kind of Mega Server resource shifting is going on.

I mean shit, I've got 5 guys in a vr 5 torch experiencing the same server delays at times, along with loading screen and instance generation issues.

And it's a completely empty zone aside from just 5 dudes jerking it to a spinning loading wheel. Praying to the loading screen god that we can complete some content. It's pathetic. Just pathetic.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
No clue man, I wish I could arm-chair dev it, but all I got is some kind of Mega Server resource shifting is going on.

I mean shit, I've got 5 guys in a vr 5 torch experiencing the same server delays at times, along with loading screen and instance generation issues.

And it's a completely empty zone aside from just 5 dudes jerking it to a spinning loading wheel. Praying to the loading screen god that we can complete some content. It's pathetic. Just pathetic.
Are you talking about 5 second lag in Cyrodil or 5 second lag in VR5 torch dungeons or both?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You're completely overlooking the 5 second GCD Cyrodiil server-stressed ultimate spamming pvp I take it. Commonly regarded previously as the games only above average selling point.

Sure I'm still a little salty about last night, but fuck man 5 second ability delay is just not cool.
Ya I am aware of the myriad issues in cyrodiil, and my last post in this thread before that one was totally about cyrodiil.

Personally I have played mmos long enough to excuse transient lag and that sort of thing. Its just not the kind of flaw that kills a game, unless it persists for a long time. Ya everyone dies cause of lag and then rages that they will quit, and some do. But at the end of the day that kind of flaw isnt what kills a game as long as it is fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Bethesda is originally responsible for the Elder Scroll series, and those same people who created Arena are also the same people in control at Zenimax, then what exactly is incorrect about pointing out that the same people have been in control of the Elder Scroll franchise since Day 1?
The people that sit on the board of ZM had nothing to do with any Elder Scrolls creation. Zenimax is a umbrella investment organization which happens to fund video games as one of their endeavors. This is the board that sits on Zenimax Media as a whole.

Robert A. Altman (Chairman & CEO)
Ernest Del (President)
Jerry Bruckheimer (Jerry Bruckheimer Films)
Michael Dominguez (Managing Director, Providence Equity Partners Inc.)
Leslie Moonves (President & CEO, CBS Corporation)
Cal Ripken, Jr (President & CEO, Ripken Baseball, Inc.)
Harry E. Sloan (Chairman, Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp; former Chairman and CEO of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer).[23]
Robert S. Trump (President, Trump Management, Inc.; brother of Donald Trump)[24]
The subsidiaries are just that. Development houses that are subs of ZM which receive various funding from their many partners, including a lot as you can see, in the movie business.

None of the people on that list above had anything to do with the Elder Scrolls IP, other than Christopher Weaver who is the CEO of Bethesda. And he doesn't sit on the board to make any of the decisions.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The people that sit on the board of ZM had nothing to do with any Elder Scrolls creation. Zenimax is a umbrella investment organization which happens to fund video games as one of their endeavors. This is the board that sits on Zenimax Media as a whole.

The subsidiaries are just that. Development houses that are subs of ZM which receive various funding from their many partners, including a lot as you can see, in the movie business.

None of the people on that list above had anything to do with the Elder Scrolls IP, other than Christopher Weaver who is the CEO of Bethesda. And he doesn't sit on the board to make any of the decisions.
My original post on this was made under the belief that Weaver, who created Zenimax along with Altman, was still an executive at Zenimax. I guess that is no longer correct. My mistake.

Gecko_sl

shitlord

The board has nothing to do with the day to day operations of Zenimax. The CEO of the main company runs it and the Org Chart for the company as a whole is what matters. This is the same as with any large corporate entity. It sounds like you aren't familar with the setup, and are confusing board with executives..

Bethsoft works for Zenimax, just the same as Z.O. works for them. They own all these 'subsidiary' companies, but they are the same family. Chris Weaver used to work for Altman. Period. It's no different than CEOs of IBM subsidiaries. They hold the title for their 'company' but at the end of the day they report to Virginia Rometty. Weaver was also on the board before he left for MIT to teach.

Go check out the boards for other companies as well as their 'real' org charts, Ut. All large corporations tend to have multiple companies. The CEO of the main company is the guy ultimately responsible and the sub CEOs all report to him.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Are you talking about 5 second lag in Cyrodil or 5 second lag in VR5 torch dungeons or both?
Ass talking on the Vr5 - only real issue is the load times + some random group invite related crashes.

5 second GCD is RAMPANT in cyrodiil though. Absolutely sub-canceling-motherfucking-rampant.

#immadbro

/realmad

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, dying in cyrodiil sometimes shuts off ALL of your passives until you relog, not just vamp passives.
For me this doesn't just happen in cyro. It's a 100% chance for me to lose my passives + set bonuses if I die while DC'd. Once I get back in, I have to relog or hard zone to get them to work again.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should rage quit if it bothers you that much.
Anyone saying weapon switch "lag" isn't bothering is a deviant liar. This fucking switch is a little cunt, it doesn't switch when you're in one of those "oooohfuckshitshitshitfuckshitnoooooOHCOMEON" moments, but then it will definitely switch just when you die, because mocking you once wasn't entertaining enough. Activating it once ? No show, nope, nada, no way. Activating it again ? Brafuckingvo, you've just upset the little bitch, it will now switch TWICE AND SWITCH BACK TWICE just to show you it doesn't give a tapdancing fuck about anything than dancing its devilish salsa. Absolute asshole. Oh and let me present you its little sister, "EU Megaserver weapon switch", when even remotely dreaming about activating it WILL PULL YOU IN A WORLD OF SHIT where your skillbars will turn and turn and turn like they're fucking Doomsday's slot machines. Anyway, this is #1 on my shitlist right now. You cunt.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gotta give Rescorla credit. Not only is he going down with the ship, he's punching holes in the boat to make it sink faster.