The Elder Scrolls Online

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not going anywhere near that fallout mmo if ZOS is the one behind it. Not unless Wheeler is leading the charge.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Forced grouping I'm okay with. FFXIV does that.

Forced grouping with some retarded time races... not interested.
FYI there was a Q&A on Craglorn a week or so ago and it was confirmed that you can take as long as you want in the 12 man raids and still get the full loot drops from bosses. The timers are just for guild ?p?en bragging rights.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Nice find. The Fallout series is my favorite RPG series of all time. Finally glad to see that a MMO appears to be in the works.
Considering how they treated the Elder Scrolls franchise, I would not exactly be dancing in the streets of joy from hearing ZeniMax is developing a Fallout mmo. An official announcement that they were working on a Fallout mmo would inspire me with roughly the same amount of confidence in a good product for the fans of the franchise as Uwe Boll getting the rights to another gaming title movie.

Regarding layoffs. Not sure how it is seen in this business, but if you are hired on for a project to do X work, like Moon mentioned, then it isn't really a "layoff" when it is finished and you have to leave is it? I certainly wouldn't regard it as such. Layoffs of people who were still on as lead developers and were due to be working on patches/new content, would be a concern and a different matter though.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they are doing a Fallout MMO maybe they can learn from their mistakes. They got caught behind changing tastes and tried to play catch up. Also fix the megaserver tech or throw that shit away. Logging out and in to fix quests breaks my immersion.

Vitality

HUSTLE
If they are doing a Fallout MMO maybe they can learn from their mistakes. They got caught behind changing tastes and tried to play catch up. Also fix the megaserver tech or throw that shit away. Logging out and in to fix quests breaks my immersion.
You willing to bet $60 plus sub fee on a "Maybe they learn"?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Getting VR in pvp is viable, you get about 20% per 100,000 AP - which in a good bridge/tower/keep defense is entirely doable so long as you're not worthless.

Additionally if you band together and do a VR content clear (Torches - bosses - anchors) and save the questing for solo runs, you can easily get a Veteran rank every two hours on average. (3 hours if you did what I did and hunted lore books and skyshards along the way)

In short: You're doing it wrong.
As far as PvP exp, well I'm attempting to be a full time healer, so yea reward wise I'm probably doing it wrong. Yet I keep people alive for my tiny exp ticks, assuming I even get them :p (I don't always!).

But no need to be a prick to shore up your side of the argument.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Considering how they treated the Elder Scrolls franchise, I would not exactly be dancing in the streets of joy from hearing ZeniMax is developing a Fallout mmo. An official announcement that they were working on a Fallout mmo would inspire me with roughly the same amount of confidence in a good product for the fans of the franchise as Uwe Boll getting the rights to another gaming title.
Umm, Zenimax has been involved with the Elder Scrolls series going all the way back to game #1 Arena. They have been in control of the franchise since Day 1.

Vitality

HUSTLE
As far as PvP exp, well I'm attempting to be a full time healer, so yea reward wise I'm probably doing it wrong. Yet I keep people alive for my tiny exp ticks, assuming I even get them :p (I don't always!).

But no need to be a prick to shore up your side of the argument.
Healing is one of the best ways to get XP and AP in PVP - you get 8 Veteran Points per tick of Rapid Regen that hits a friendly target who's been recently damaged by an enemy.

And yes, I'm a prick. 100%

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A theme park Fallout MMO would be a fucking travesty. DayZ has already paved the way for an online fallout game and it seems like SOE is making a fallout like MMO anyway.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
you literally can't say a bad thing about zenimax or TESO, can you?
What has got you upset this time? Pointing out that Zenimax has been in control of the Elder Scroll series since its outset? Were you not aware Zenimax and Bethesda were owned by the same people?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Good call Xaxius. The current state of Mythic says everything about Firor. Zenimax should take note of that.

Trying to tie TESO to the history of TES and Bethesda is just ignorant.

edit : I think Mythic only have Ultima Forever - a mobile game - in house now ?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well they replied about the account they banned, which accused of duping (and it didnt dupe). What a pathetic customer service reply:

Greetings!

We do apologize for the confusion, however the Ban still stands. I am very sorry about this situation. However, this decision was made by upper management. The result, as it stands, is final. I do apologize once again.
I asked them to tell me how that account duped, I told them I was mailed the items they claim I duped. I'm pretty shocked that they think thats a sufficient reply. Can they not be bothered to have "upper management" explain?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
What has got you upset this time? Pointing out that Zenimax has been in control of the Elder Scroll series since its outset? Were you not aware Zenimax and Bethesda were owned by the same people?
You're pretty fucking wrong. Don't know why you keep continuing down this route. ZOS was created just to give Matt Firror a studio to make ESO. That is all they have been doing. If ZOS is gearing up for a Fallout MMO then people should be concerned for it's quality.