The Elder Scrolls Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well they replied about the account they banned, which accused of duping (and it didnt dupe). What a pathetic customer service reply:

I asked them to tell me how that account duped, I told them I was mailed the items they claim I duped. I'm pretty shocked that they think thats a sufficient reply. Can they not be bothered to have "upper management" explain?
It's hard to have sympathy for you, since didn't you admit you were duping and then moving stuff through your other accounts?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Think we're mixing up Zenimax and Zenimax Online a little. If I recall correctly one of the guys with stock in Bethesda used it to help create Zenimax around 2000. Zenimax Online was later created as a subsidiary to make TESO with Firor heading it up.

Bottom line Zenimax is an umbrella that now owns both, but it didn't exist until after Bethesda shipped the first three or four TES titles. And Zenimax Online is a separate entity from Bethesda, though both are owned by Zenimax.

At the end of the day TESO is down to Firor and a look at present day Mythic about sums him up.

edit : I just looked it up. The real funny - as in a kick in the nuts funny - is that ProsiebenSat own 10% of Zenimax. Another reason I'm glad I haven't paid for this game.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
It's hard to have sympathy for you, since didn't you admit you were duping and then moving stuff through your other accounts?
Yeah I dont want sympathy, I just thought it was a crock to accuse my main account of duping when it's only violation was recieving duped items from another account. Even when I tell them that wasn't the case they cant provide further explanation except to say upper management deemed it so? Seems backwards to me.

I also think recieving duped items from someone else shouldnt result in a ban for that person but removal of items. They haven't said I knew they were duped, or anything, they falsely and wrongly stated the account duped items. To me that shows how poor their CS is and probably as stated prior, their logs.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah I dont want sympathy, I just thought it was a crock to accuse my main account of duping when it's only violation was recieving duped items from another account. Even when I tell them that wasn't the case they cant provide further explanation except to say upper management deemed it so? Seems backwards to me.
Did you log into both accounts from the same computer and I.P?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Did you log into both accounts from the same computer and I.P?
No, I used two diff comps and a proxy on one. I told them I was mailed the items and that was their reply, upper management made the decision and tough shit. If they want to tell me I own both accounts then ok but until then I'm not just going to roll over and hand them my money for their shitty detective skills. Maybe I'm too used to WoW actually replying with an exact explanation of what they found instead of just blanket replying that I exploited.

Also the fact that I have two emails the same day stating they went through my account and found me innocent, then suddenly I'm guilty an hour later? Yeah okay. Below was one of the innocent emails they sent me.

Greeting Adventurer,

After reviewing your case, we've lifted the ban on your account. As it turns out, during the course of removing players that were exploiting a bug in the game, we inadvertently banned the accounts of a number of players we now believe to be innocent. We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for filing an appeal. As more players contacted us with appeals, we were able to quickly identify the flaw in our process identify the innocent players (such as yourself) and we were able to lift the bans relatively quickly.
Thanks,
Gamemaster Aahz
Greetings!
After reviewing all of the necessary information, we have verified that you have not done anything to constitute a violation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this misplaced ban has caused you.

However, I am happy to tell you that the ban on your account has been lifted. There will be no disciplinary actions on your account and your remaining game time will be unaffected. We hope that from this point on, you continue to enjoy your time in Tamriel.
Warm Regards,
The Elder Scrolls Online Team
It's really the one where they explicitly say they "verified" I have not done anything that leads me to push.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Zenimax didn't exist when Arena came out.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Bethesda is originally responsible for the Elder Scroll series, and those same people who created Arena are also the same people in control at Zenimax, then what exactly is incorrect about pointing out that the same people have been in control of the Elder Scroll franchise since Day 1?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Bethesda is originally responsible for the Elder Scroll series, and those same people who created Arena are also the same people in control at Zenimax, then what exactly is incorrect about pointing out that the same people have been in control of the Elder Scroll franchise since Day 1?
Do fuck off.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I enjoy arguing about how bowls are better than plates myself as well, good sir.

**Empirical evidence proves that bowls are far more versitile than plates**

Also fuck pickles, asparagus is god.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'm thinking at this stage Rescorla has more than earned a stint in the RRP. 500 posts in one thread in a few weeks is above and beyond.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
So has anyone here received a refund, or know someone who has (my account is not banned btw), and could tell me how they did it? CC chargeback?

Zantox_sl

shitlord
Zenimax's leadership
ZeniMax Media Inc

Leadership on Elder Scrolls games:
Todd Howard Video Game Credits and Biography - MobyGames(Todd Howard - EP of ES 3-5, plus Fallout 3)
Vlatko Andonov Video Game Credits and Biography - MobyGames(Vlatko - President of Bethesda)

Note that there is no Arena or ES 1 in either of their credits. Also note where they live in the hierarchy at Zenimax. So no, they are not the same people that have had control of ES since Day 1. Finally, ZSO and Bethesda Games/Softworks (they are not the same thing) are actually about an hour apart by car.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So has anyone here received a refund, or know someone who has (my account is not banned btw), and could tell me how they did it? CC chargeback?
Friend of mine did a charge back and they agreed. He ordered through zenimax. Dunno if that would work if you went through a 3rd party like GMG.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
CC chargeback is likely the best method, just don't expect to be able to purchase from ZOS in the future.
Ah well, fuck it then. Thought they might be doing the honorable ArenaNet thing that they did with GW2. Also, to Flight's post, I agree. Now I was called a shill by a troll in the EQNL forum for rah-rahing that game, but it would appear Rescorla's only raison d'etre is to counterattack any and all criticism levied against this game. I second that emotion.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well they replied about the account they banned, which accused of duping (and it didnt dupe). What a pathetic customer service reply:

I asked them to tell me how that account duped, I told them I was mailed the items they claim I duped. I'm pretty shocked that they think thats a sufficient reply. Can they not be bothered to have "upper management" explain?
Weren't you cheating on your accounts? It sounds like they caught you and don't want to tell you how they know you were cheating because it allows cheaters to figure out how to hide their traces.

Either way if you were cheating and are wasting CS time by trying to bullshit them go fuck yourself. Take the heat like a man instead of convoluting the process thousands of innocent people are trying to use to get their shit unbanned because of people like you.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Ah well, fuck it then. Thought they might be doing the honorable ArenaNet thing that they did with GW2. Also, to Flight's post, I agree. Now I was called a shill by a troll in the EQNL forum for rah-rahing that game, but it would appear Rescorla's only raison d'etre is to counterattack any and all criticism levied against this game. I second that emotion.
TESO has some design problems I don't particularly care for but I don't see a reason to come here and whine and complain about it incessantly like some people do. There are several criticisms about the game (bank bug, the widespread bannings of innocent players, lack of nameplates, the duping exploits etc) that are legit. You haven't seen me defending ZOS like a shill on those because I agree it's screwed up.