The Elder Scrolls Online

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Fair enough, it would be certainly interesting to see that setting. There's plenty of areas of Tamriel that haven't been used (ignoring Arena) plus dozens of island/continents outside Tamriel which are fairly well documented.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'd like to see them go back to something a bit different after the last two games have been fairly generic high fantasy. Maybe the desert or jungle section of the setting?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm hoping for Summerset Isles, while I hate high elves, I think it's probably the best setting for a really interesting political TES. Otherwise Black Marsh is good, lush jungle/marsh thing, would look insane with a new engine and shit.

DMK_sl

shitlord
This sums it up nicely.

DMK, assuming enough others act like you, the next Elder Scrolls single player game will take lessons from a supposedly wild success of TESO and screw it up with factions and battleground instances for your campaign character and shit, because you bought it out of misguided brand loyalty? Thanks in advance for screwing up my TES6, dude.
As I've already said it's an irrational twisted sense of loyalty. Maybe some tiny tiny part of me hopes it will be good when I'm sure it's not going to be. It is what it is.

DMK_sl

shitlord
No. The point is that after 6 fucking years they should already be doing it well and showing it being done well. Instead we have the typical crowd control bullshit everyone here has seen before in every other MMORPG released in this fashion. This is rinse and repeat for the 6th time, and maybe they should figure out that no one is falling for their 2001'ish PR damage control any longer.

We know better.
Couldn't agree more.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'd prefer Fallout 4 to any region they could possibly do in TES now short of putting the entire continent and surrounding islands in one single player game.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I would have preferred pretty much a bigger Skyrim with a server population cap of about 300-400. So a community is built on each server but there is still a feel that the world is large and running into a person is exciting. Divide it up into zones where 4-6 different kings(players not NPCs) rule the zones. Player made factions. Let the beautiful chaos ensue. My perfect MMO.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Next time I play and Elder Scrolls game I'm going to wait a few days before starting so Sean can show me the best build in the game so I can be awesome. Just like he did in Reckoning and Skyrim.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Next time I play and Elder Scrolls game I'm going to wait a few days before starting so Sean can show me the best build in the game so I can be awesome. Just like he did in Reckoning and Skyrim.
You are playing Skyrim wrong
smile.png
And Reckoning to boot.

As you get older, my son, you will see that the journey is more important than the number attached to the top of your characters head.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would have preferred pretty much a bigger Skyrim with a server population cap of about 300-400. So a community is built on each server but there is still a feel that the world is large and running into a person is exciting. Divide it up into zones where 4-6 different kings(players not NPCs) rule the zones. Player made factions. Let the beautiful chaos ensue. My perfect MMO.
Thats actually a damn good idea.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thats actually a damn good idea.
That was pretty much what the TES fans were hoping for. Skyrim with networking code and player ownership of stuff. What's funny is that it would be a very interesting 'expansion', but it'd probably be much harder than it looks to add a good network layer to it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You are playing Skyrim wrong
smile.png
And Reckoning to boot.

As you get older, my son, you will see that the journey is more important than the number attached to the top of your characters head.
This is probably what gay uncles usually say before they try to touch you.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No. The point is that after 6 fucking years they should already be doing it well and showing it being done well. Instead we have the typical crowd control bullshit everyone here has seen before in every other MMORPG released in this fashion. This is rinse and repeat for the 6th time, and maybe they should figure out that no one is falling for their 2001'ish PR damage control any longer.

We know better.
How exactly does a project get funding without a concise plan or design document? If a game makes bad design decisions so be it. I just don't understand how these projects are getting off the ground without any type of focus at all. It's like getting funding for a sports stadium without having the land or architectural plans in place before hand. Why is this industry so financially retarded and irresponsible?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

We know better.
Rofl, this game already has huge fandom, and yes, people are falling for it. Just this week at lunch some nerds I eat with were taking about this game like the next coming. I tried to tell them that its crap, but they were like "whatever loser, its the elder scrolls, it will be awesome!!!"

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge subset of gamers out there that are just retarded. People who think Camelot Unchained is going to be awesome because they never actually pay attention to anything other than "BUT DAOC!" or TESO in "BUT ELDER SCROLLS!"

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The same can be said about any game. Look at all the people sucking WoWstar's nuts.

The thing is, WoW in space will be good for the people who like that kind of game, as will TESO and Camelot Unchained (IF it even gets funded or made). Complaining about other people's preferences is silly.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The same can be said about any game. Look at all the people sucking WoWstar's nuts.

The thing is, WoW in space will be good for the people who like that kind of game, as will TESO and Camelot Unchained (IF it even gets funded or made). Complaining about other people's preferences is silly.
You keep doing this and I don't know why. I did not even talk about anyone's game-style preference. You can love the fuck out of the Elder Scrolls IP, but if you look at what is available to public objectively (and beyond PR/Dev speak), TESO doesn't look that good from where I'm sitting.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
There is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge subset of gamers out there that are just retarded. People who think Defiance is going to be awesome because they never actually pay attention to anything other than "BUT RIFT!" or SCOTT HARTSMAN in "ANYTHING HE DOES!"
FTFY

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
You keep doing this and I don't know why. I did not even talk about anyone's game-style preference. You can love the fuck out of the Elder Scrolls IP, but if you look at what is available to public objectively (and beyond PR/Dev speak), TESO doesn't look that good from where I'm sitting.
Definitely agree with you there, but bashing someone's preference over it isn't going to get the genre fixed.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Definitely agree with you there, but bashing someone's preference over it isn't going to get the genre fixed.
Who am I bashing here?

"There is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge subset of gamers out there that are just retarded. People who think Defiance is going to be awesome because they never actually pay attention to anything other than "BUT RIFT!" or SCOTT HARTSMAN in "ANYTHING HE DOES!"

FTFY
I know you're just fucking with me, but Scott Hartsman is pretty much the only game developer with a really good track record in the MMORPG genre outside some of the Blizzard people.

In case you think I'm some kind of fanboy, Defiance is shallow but fun casual gaming experience wrapped around a worthless UI and a ton of shitty systems that I can't believe a studio actually launched. They're lucky people love mindlessly shooting shit and collecting guns.

edit:
Oh wait did I rustle your jimmies because I said something bad about your precious? :p