Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Which one lol?
rrr_img_67313.jpg

Gregor Clegane - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm speaking for myself here. If he can't turn on Nameplates in PVP how do we know he has the authority to do anything? I don't expect a designer to fix technical shit like lag and stuff but we have confirmation on one thing where he is getting overruled. Who knows how far the fuckery goes.
You're right it's unknown, but he's the lead designer for PVP. Nameplates are a general game issue.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You're right it's unknown, but he's the lead designer for PVP. Nameplates are a general game issue.
Tuco you shoulda kicked them in the dick and told them to enable Nameplate toggle in Cyrodiil only. Sage is being a bitch about pve immersion.

Aside from all that, were they pretty cool guys to chat with or was it kind of a brush-off?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
So name plates break immersion but those little inverted arrows about everyone's head doesn't?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They were fine. They didn't attempt to convince us that everything was okay or about to be okay for me to think it was a brush off.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This game is a wash if they can't come together to fix fucking nameplates, much less anything else. A bunch of little tribes about to get ram rodded by Europeans. Well, in this case Koreans (and a game owned by a Korean parent company.)

Vitality

HUSTLE
If Utnayan keeps insisting there are a "shit ton of things" Sage won't allow to happen, since he has inside sources don't you think he should at least share a couple of them with the us?
I think most of us are done caring about this game at this point, we're just sticking around to hear the Eulogy.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I think most of us are done caring about this game at this point, we're just sticking around to hear the Eulogy.
Here lies The Elder Scrolls Online. Killed by Paul Sage. Along with Zenimax Online and both Matt Firor and Paul Sage's career.
2007-2014. RIP.

Off to the 7th dimension of hell they go.

Zynga.

Except Grave, Wheeleer, and Lambert. They will land somewhere awesome after being ressurected by the Staff of Ra. Hopefully open their own studio.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm speaking for myself here. If he can't turn on Nameplates in PVP how do we know he has the authority to do anything? I don't expect a designer to fix technical shit like lag and stuff but we have confirmation on one thing where he is getting overruled. Who knows how far the fuckery goes.
That is why I am curious to what Utnayan's super secret inside source has to say. Nameplates is obviously a major issue but after reading the PRX thread I would like Tuco to provide some clarification. Nowhere in that thread did it say Wheeler was overruled by Sage or Firor on nameplates in Cyrodil (I.e. Wheeler wants to allow them but is not being allowed to). That is just a conclusion some people here jumped to. I won't post what was actually said in the thread since Tuco said not to share it publicly.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The forthcoming console sales would probably ensure that this game turns a profit for Zenimax

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The forthcoming console sales would probably ensure that this game turns a profit for Zenimax
That is if they haven't canned it. :trainwreck:

So many logistical issues. And as much of a joke Certification is today for Sony and Microsoft both, I wonder if they can even pass it. Along with all the other logistical issues.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Return to Zork - Want some rye? - YouTube

Actually Rescorla reminds me of an old guild leader I used to have on the Mith Marr server in a guild called Excelsior named Rainstorm. Guy was certifiable though and I do not think Rescorla is mentally insane. He was in the military though. Rescorla you a navy man or army?
Did some research, Paul Sage infact does not sound Southern, therefor and thusly he is not Rescorla.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Bethesda cant guarantee that Elder Scrolls Online will hit Xbox One, PS4 in 2014 - GameSpot

The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online are targeted to launch before the end of 2014, but Bethesda can't guarantee that they won't slip to 2015.

"I will tell you we are working round the clock to try and make that happen," creative director Paul Sage told IGN. "I can't guarantee anything, that would be foolish to do, but we are certainly working with that goal in mind."

The Xbox One and PS4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online were previously scheduled to launch in June, but just two weeks ago, Bethesda announced a six-month delay. That puts the game's new release window at around November 2014.

Explaining why the delay was necessary, Bethesda said at the time that it was faced with a "series of unique problems" specific to the Xbox One and PS4. These problems were not named outright, but Bethesda said integrating its systems with each console manufacturers' networks "has been a challenging process."

Also in the interview, Sage said The Elder Scrolls Online is not likely to get a Player Housing option anytime soon. "I will tell you that when we get to player housing, and I think it's one of those things that when you have a game that's been running a long time it's one of those things you want to get to, it has to be something that's done differently and done well," he said. "That?s about all I can tell you. We have no firm plans for anything on housing at this time."

487,234 "boxes" sold (digital + physical)
38% returned prior to end of the first month
~128,000 active subscriptions
Console version releases have been scrapped
F2P/Closure in next 6 months depending on remaining numbers