The Elder Scrolls Online

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who is lying? I think its amazing someone would hate the game so much they would lie about it and plead with others not to play it, but that is just me.
You lied. You argued for several pages about the weapon swap bullshit acting obtuse like you had no fucking clue what we were talking about and trying to blame european lag. Then you posted that hey guys it's much better now! Now we get the idiots working on the game to even admit it in patch notes. It's the same pattern of ignoring shit and acting fucking shocked when someone brings up a problem in the game and claiming you never experienced any of it.

The fanboys only have themselves to blame for this thread turning to shit. Calling people haters/trolls for bringing up legitimate issues. I'm not even talking subjective bullshit like style of graphics. Hero Engine confrimed, weapon swap delay confirmed, combat lag confirmed. All things you guys defended or ignored like the rest of us were fucking making the shit up. For all the shit you guys talk about UT, you are the same thing on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Blackwulf

N00b
You lied. You argued for several pages about the weapon swap bullshit acting obtuse like you had no fucking clue what we were talking about and trying to blame european lag. Then you posted that hey guys it's much better now! Now we get the idiots working on the game to even admit it in patch notes. It's the same pattern of ignoring shit and acting fucking shocked when someone brings up a problem in the game and claiming you never experienced any of it.

The fanboys only have themselves to blame for this thread turning to shit. Calling people haters/trolls for bringing up legitimate issues. I'm not even talking subjective bullshit like style of graphics. Hero Engine confrimed, weapon swap delay confirmed, combat lag confirmed. All things you guys defended or ignored like the rest of us were fucking making the shit up. For all the shit you guys talk about UT, you are the same thing on the opposite side of the spectrum.
Dude, you don't know what you are talking about. What is being changed is that the animation timer is being taken off. It used to be 2 seconds, then they shortened it to 1 second a couple patches ago, and now they are doing some kind of graphics cache so it can be instant. That isn't thedelaythat people were talking about. There was some kind of bug with latency or animations or something that would cause the weapon swap animation to delay much longer than it was supposed to. Sometimes you'd hit it, nothing would happen, and then you'd hit it again, only to have your weapons suddenly swap twice.

Calling Resocorla a liar because he says he didn't run into the delay problem is dumb. It didn't happen to everyone, and it rarely happened in PVE or low latency scenarios. It's very possible that he was telling the truth.

Changing it to some sort of cached system so it can be instant sounds like a good fix - I hope it works.

Btw, we discussed the Hero Engine bullshit enough. They never denied using it in development. They claim the final engine is 100% built from scratch. No one has proof either way, unless you get ahold of their engine and examine it line by line. The only important thing is that this engine works 100 times better than the SWTOR engine, and that's the only actual Hero Engine MMO, I've experienced. If they are lying and are using the HE still, then they did some magical shit to make it work so much better than SWTOR.

Here I am, getting sucked into another argument. I can't help it - when I read people posting dumb things, it's a trigger reflex. Feel free to give me a temp ban, Draegan!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Btw, we discussed the Hero Engine bullshit enough. They never denied using it in development. They claim the final engine is 100% built from scratch. No one has proof either way, unless you get ahold of their engine and examine it line by line.
Except for when you fired up the game for the very first time it said in the opening splash screen, on launch, "Powered by Hero Engine".

I really don't think anyone cares about Hero Engine regardless. I think Abe's point is that deflection of engine used to the gaming public is stupid, and only hurts credibility of the company. For some reason Bethesda has a stick up their ass about this too with Gamebryo. Creation is just a modified version of Gamebryo. They make all this hub hub marketing about a new engine powering Skyrim - not really. The underlying code is still the same and wasn't even renamed in most of the source files.

Frankly, no one cares. What people are getting sick of, is blatant ignorance of underlying issues. And if you have an organization so gung ho on use of an engine and will lie about that to customers, then what else are they going to lie about? This isn't aimed at this game specifically, at this point it's just the whole industry.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So are these posts Non-Fiction or Fiction novels?

Can us less caring people get some TL;DR's in your guys' epic battle of wits?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So are these posts Non-Fiction or Fiction novels?

Can us less caring people get some TL;DR's in your guys' epic battle of wits?
Well, here is a funny thread about it on the official forums.

ESO using Hero Engine and Havok, seriously?? You lied to us!? - Elder Scrolls Online

Now, I am going to say that lying about this (which they did) is a bad thing because it ruins their credibility in the game itself. Very poor choice. But, this is the way this specific genre has worked forever.

I will also say I am laughing at people taking it so hard that they are ready to fling themselves off the sides of buildings.

With that I also say no one should defend it or make excuses. It isn't hard to just be honest about it and believe you me, transparency when it comes to this is MUCH better for customer retention in the long run. Especially in this genre where if you mess up royally, at least if you have a fan base where you were always upfront and transparent, you may hold on to some of those folks longer to see you fix some things. If not, and you have a bunch of things said that were never true to begin with - whether that be magical patches that fix all major issues 3 days before launch and it not being so, to whatever other topic, they will troll you into the ground and ditch you faster than a bad habit.

But there in lies the major problem. Most customers only remember the IP of the game. A select few know the publisher or Developer, and even a highly select fewer get down into the details of the actual people behind it all. So it makes it easy to keep happening over and over as long as a game ships to retail, since that is today's measuring stick of "suuccess". That shit needs to change quickly.

Look at McQuaid when everyone believed it when he said the Fiery Avenger quest was in and no one could find it. That type of mentality never leaves you. Now look at him in the Pantheon thread and how far he has fallen.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

You have very poor reading comprehension skills if you think I lied about anything. All I said was the problem never happened to me and it was fucking obvious why it was happening to all the Euro players.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
You argued for several pages about the weapon swap bullshit acting obtuse like you had no fucking clue what we were talking about and trying to blame european lag.
This one was my favorite. Loved Draegan's response.
wink.png

Sure. The times I have noticed that happening to me was when server lag was slamming everyone. Under normal lag free situations when I press a key something always happens and same for weapon swap.

With that said, it's quite possible the ZOS testers did not constantly spam ability keys while they were testing so that type of playstyle has not been verified to be working properly.
It's almost like you've never played a video game before. Gamers not spamming button? Fucking magnets.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm just going to clarify this point, since it seems to have struck a nerve with a lot of you little tigers. I'm certainly not saying you have to be a dev to criticize a game.
You didn't strike a nerve, it's that you can't carry an argument in a bucket.

So, Erronius, they've made a few decisions that you didn't like (or that you think you wouldn't like based on you reading reviews), why don't you list a few of them?
Just stop. You keep trying to strawman me and it's obvious. I never got into gameplay discussion because gameplay has nothing to do with anything I was talking about.

My gripe isn't with armchair devs, it's with narrow minded armchair devs that don't consider all sides of a problem and just hurl insults left and right.
The problem is that you insist on trying to derail what I've talked about (release, retention, consoles) with a lot of bullshit that isn't related. It's like when you tried to argue that 'you liked the game' when what I was talking about was at a macro level and no single player's experience means anything in that regard. And when your own personal anecdotal argument didn't pan out, you tried to segue to other ways of undercutting any of my arguments.

I honestly don't care if you enjoy the game or not. Every game still has a certain number of people that like the game regardless of any measure of success. So great, you like it? Congrats I guess, except that has no bearing at all on things like"Did TESO ever break 1m?". And you need to try to understand, though I know it's unlikely, that a lot of people (myself included) give very little regard to issues of personal opinion. So even if I were to ask myself"Is TESO worth playing?", your unique and delicate snowflake experience means nothing in the face of a game that has yet to put out any numbers, hasn't done the"1 million in sales victory lap", is rumored to have lost a lot of people since release and still seems reluctant to address it's console release after delaying it. Your entire"consider all sides of a problem"is meaningless treacle -'running out of money'and'fighting with the suits'are all well and good but they don't change the reality of the game and at most they only serve as excuses if you are unwilling to accept that the game you say you enjoy playing isn't the success that it should have been.

Blackwulf

N00b
Erronius, your entire interest in this thread is whether they sold more than 1M copies?

So, you don't wanna talk about what is wrong with the game, you just want to complain about how they didn't have a good release, retention, or immediate console release? Why am I arguing with you again? Did I mix you up with someone else? I couldn't really give a fuck about those issues, though your apparent displeasure about them is not really based in any reality: They sold a lot of boxes, the servers were solid, and they've bumped consoles to somewhere around the end of the year. What more is there to say? Do you want to talk about WHY people have left? Well, then you're going to have to delve into that area that isn't in your comfort zone: What exactly do you not think was done well with the game design, and how should they have done it differently. Let me know when you want to talk about actual game mechanics that you like/don't like.

Seriously, though, are you just trolling? I can't be assed to spend more time debating you. What game are you playing? I'd like to see what you're positive about.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Erronius, your entire interest in this thread is whether they sold more than 1M copies?
No, but when you have the reading comprehension of a sponge I could see how you come away with that impression.

So, you don't wanna talk about what is wrong with the game
I wouldn't mind but that sounds more like what you want to talk about since you consistently kept trying to derail me into that kind of a discussion. That certainly wasn't something I intended to debate.

They sold a lot of boxes
[citation needed]

I can't be assed to spend more time debating you.
You know where the door is.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the last time we talked about this Blackwulf or Resco or both of them were baddies who didn't know how to play ESO well enough to be aware of the way animations worked and didn't work.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I think the last time we talked about this Blackwulf or Resco or both of them were baddies who didn't know how to play ESO well enough to be aware of the way animations worked and didn't work.
Actually based on how animations work the "baddies" are those spamming the same ability over and over again. You have to take advantage of animation clipping and the prioritization system to maximize DPS.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I must have missed the part where someone found proof that the devs took the easy road and just used HeroFail?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Res is and will always be a pussy for asking for a UT ban.. May as well hide on one of your alts... Shameful!

Any pve raid content yet??

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Actually based on how animations work the "baddies" are those spamming the same ability over and over again. You have to take advantage of animation clipping and the prioritization system to maximize DPS.
must've just been blackwulf then!!!