The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So nowadays you only see the 14 remaining players?
Come on now you know when the B2P conversion went live that number jumped back up to 18.

I know it will cause emotional pain and suffering to some people here, but the B2P conversion along with patch 1.6 did cause a spike in number of players. How much is anyone's guess. I just know prior to 1.6 and B2P my guild would have between 30-40 logged in during prime time while now there are 80-90.

The current version of the PVE game is relatively bug free. The default UI sucks but player addons resolve almost everything except the nameplate problem. If you like solo PVE or doing group dungeon crawls the game is good. For comparison purposes, veteran dungeons in TESO are more challenging than heroics in WoW.

The major negative with the game is the lag in Cyrodil is still a big problem. This appears to be an unsolvable technical problem that is both the fault of the devs and the players. The PVP in Cyrodil is largely Zerg vs zerg. ZOS has stated if you are getting bad lag in Cyrodil, don't follow the Zerg around. For the most part players ignore this and keep following the Zerg around. The game was marketed on having large scale PVP battles but there is obviously some unknown threshold value where if you exceed that number of players in an area the game will start lagging badly. I don't like Zerg vs zerg PVP so when I go into Cyrodil with one or two groups and avoid the Zerg I don't have lag problems. For those who expect lag free large scale PVP with a couple hundred or more players in the vicinity, it's all ZOS devs fault for not delivering on that.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I just know prior to 1.6 and B2P my guild would have between 30-40 logged in during prime time while now there are 80-90.
Zenimax Online still forces their employees to log in?

(Oh Boy... here all night folks)

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Fired it up again (was still in the HD).

Only talking about the gameplay, it's basically the same so if you didn't like it before you won't like it now. Animations and stuff... I don't see any difference. Swapping weapons during combat a few times... didn't. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens.

There are still things like you click on a door, zone in/through and... stuck loading. Asked about it in chat "Oh, that's a known issue". Using things like Mage's Skill and the little motelight comes out... or doesn't. Lots of little shit like that after a year... not gamebreaking, just annoying as Hell.

Duty finder is still for shit. Takes too long even as a healer or tank... looks like most people just ignore it. Most of the quests work fine.

As far as exploration it's still fun. I started a guy and said fuck a horse so I've been running everywhere just like in Skyrim and it's actually better than when I used that horse at launch. Flows more easily since there are mobs you want to kill, things you want to pick up and stuff to jump over.

I don't see bots. Literally. Don't see any. It's really something but there aren't any. I think they left and they are all over in FFXIV now (which I'm subbed) because those fucking morons aren't doing a thing about them. Seriously, when your playerbase has to go 'BUSY' right after logging in because the /blist gets filled up with 200 names in a few days... there's a big problem. Unlike it was in ESO, you don't actually SEE the bots but they spam you. Going BUSY fixes it but then it fucks up things like Readychecks, party invites, etc. Whoever is in charge of the bot problem for SE needs to commit Seppuku.

PvP is still boring. Popped in, nuked some anonymous folks then left.

Enchanting is still stupid to level.. really most of the crafting with the whole "I'll make you 20 shoes, you make me 20 shoes and we'll desynth them and do it til max" bullshit. Dumb ass crafting design. If you're trying B2P, just go Prov or Alchemy since those are the easiest mats to get and fastest ways to level, plus you can actually use that stuff. The gear is the same; just use it till it breaks, throw it away and wear some other green shit. Hilarious.

Going to take a guy to max just to see how much slower it is with less XP bonus. So far it seems the same speed as before but I'm only about 30ish on a Templar.

Overall, the game is exactly where it should be... play it for free after you buy the box. Subbing is for morons. You don't really get any extra value out of doing that. Just play it like you play Skyrim... by yourself, and you'll get a ton of mileage out of it if you like PvE.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I didn't use a horse either, I had a setup for infinite group runspeed buff casting. Mainly did this to stay stealthed and move relatively quickly (I spent all of my time in cyrodiil). Had a set that removed stealth movement penalty.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Zenimax Online still forces their employees to log in?

(Oh Boy... here all night folks)
Entertaining as always to see you resort to this line of thought. Anyone who doesn't toe the Rerolled party line that all design decisions you don't like or agree with is proof positive that the developers are incompetent must be an employee of the game company.

Personally, I operate under the belief to have an adult conversation on any topic requires you to discuss both sides of the issues, the pros and cons, the good and the bad, etc.

Take the idea of having a global auction house in a MMO using megaserver technology. AFAIK back in 2012 Guild Wars 2 was the first MMO to implement a global AH across every server. It was a collosal fuckup and within a couple weeks after launch, the bots had infested the game and were flooding the AH with items, driving down the value of all items, skewing the gold/gem conversion market, etc.

I imagine after seeing what happened to GW2, ZOS assumed the same exact thing would happen in TESO if they implemented the same exact design that GW2 used. Fast forward 3 years and all the armchair devs on
Rerolled assert that not copying the design of something that failed in another MMO is just more proof of the incompetency of the ZOS devs. I actually get a chuckle when I read posts like that.

PS. I'm working on the Fallout 4 team but do happen to know a lot of the developers working on TESO. A few of them lurk here and also get a chuckle when they see all the armchair devs thinking they have a clue about how to design a game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Personally, I operate under the belief to have an adult conversation on any topic requires you to discuss both sides of the issues, the pros and cons, the good and the bad, etc.
You're lying to yourself if you think you actually take the time to discuss both sides of an issue my man.

And the Zos Devs laughing at the words on these boards are precisely the reason the game is complete ass.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The choices in game design did actually stop the botting. That's because nobody wanted to play the fucking game anymore.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
PS. I'm working on the Fallout 4 team but do happen to know a lot of the developers working on TESO. A few of them lurk here and also get a chuckle when they see all the armchair devs thinking they have a clue about how to design a game.
Haha Classic.

And away we go.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And the Zos Devs laughing at the words on these boards are precisely the reason the game is complete ass.
I wonder what they think when they realize the entire industry is laughing at them right back.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You're lying to yourself if you think you actually take the time to discuss both sides of an issue my man.

Really? Your memory is very poor then. There have been numerous occasions where I have acknowledged the problems with this game. Pull your head out of your butt and read my reply earlier on this page about the continued problems with lag in Cyrodil as proof.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Really? Your memory is very poor then. There have been numerous occasions where I have acknowledged the problems with this game. Pull your head out of your butt and read my reply earlier on this page about the continued problems with lag in Cyrodil as proof.
Great job discussing both sides of the topic. I feel relatively sorry for anyone working under you.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
On Megaserver technology we all told you would fail back before Oregon's Trail got an EGA Remaster in 1987. You didn't like hearing that back then though.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Poor Wheeler. The guy who couldn't even get an art asset drawing of a crayon clasped to the death clutches of Sage's 4th pass on the tutorial.

Great job discussing both sides of the topic. I feel relatively sorry for anyone working under you.
Well two things: He either has just lost his mind, or he just outed himself as a shill posing as an ex-military guy just trying to play games while heartedly defending TESO at every turn for the last 4 years while working under the Zenimax flag.

I cannot determine which one would be more hilarious at this point.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You mean like when you kept arguing in beta that nobody was talking about the clunky combat an animations anymore because they pretty much fixed them? Or the time you said you never experienced delay with weapon switching?

There also was nothing wrong with the global AH for GW2. The problem was them not jumping on the Bot problem right away. You still see tons of Bots in WoW driving prices down without a globaL AH. Not only did ESO have a Bot problem. They also had a dupe problem. All of this with their shitty AH system. The only reason the bots left was because nobody was left to buy gold.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Way to make them look even worse. I don't think you should continue to be thier PR guy.. The last thing they should be doing is chucking about what went down in this thread. I guess they were busy chucking during all the feedback that took place as well. They should be embarrassed with the amount of money that was dumped into this game. If these guys really think thier shit doesn't stink than they deserve to be out of jobs. Clue about designing a game. Lol give me a fucking break.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Fuck now I just want to Play TESO: Cyrodiil real bad. I wish there was a standalone version. The rest of the game is just so awful.