The Elder Scrolls Online

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I hadn't played this since beta since I thought it wasn't ready for release. They sent me an invitation for free weekend, I thought to myself...why not? Maybe they improved the game. Took 1 1/2 hours to be able to reset my password, took another 1 1/2 hours to get my code for first logging from this computer...so 3 hours or so later...I said fuck it, still incompetent company.

Kinda sad really, I wanted to play and like this game...and they lost me TWICE because of their stupid crap. seriously, 1 1/2 hours for an automatic email to be sent?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PS. I'm working on the Fallout 4 team but do happen to know a lot of the developers working on TESO. A few of them lurk here and also get a chuckle when they see all the armchair devs thinking they have a clue about how to design a game.
You are a bad person.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You mean like when you kept arguing in beta that nobody was talking about the clunky combat an animations anymore because they pretty much fixed them? Or the time you said you never experienced delay with weapon switching?

There also was nothing wrong with the global AH for GW2. The problem was them not jumping on the Bot problem right away. You still see tons of Bots in WoW driving prices down without a globaL AH. Not only did ESO have a Bot problem. They also had a dupe problem. All of this with their shitty AH system. The only reason the bots left was because nobody was left to buy gold.
Once again, there are two sides to the issue. Your problem as well as many others here is you are incapable of comprehending that different people can have different results/outcomes playing the same game. Different computers, different play styles, different connections speeds etc.

Take the weapon swap issue. I know it affected some people. Your problem is you can not accept the possibility that it did not affect me. I was telling you the truth, but you would rather label me a shill than acknowledge I was telling you the truth. BTW I think the reason it did not affect me was because I knew how to take advantage of animation cancelling as well as knowing not to spam click the same ability over and over again.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Let this be an indicator of the quality of work going into Fallout 4.
You start the executable, you see a nuke animation, a picture of Vladimir Putin running in the Boston Marathon, and your Hard Drive frags itself and dies.

Before that a quick credit: "Produced by Rescorla"

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Like radiated water.

This is going to be epic. If you google "Fallout 4 Rescorla" he has already zoomed up to 4 on a google search.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
ESO doesn't have bots because no one cares about the game enough to bot it.
The choices in game design did actually stop the botting. That's because nobody wanted to play the fucking game anymore.
There also was nothing wrong with the global AH for GW2. The problem was them not jumping on the Bot problem right away. You still see tons of Bots in WoW driving prices down without a globaL AH. Not only did ESO have a Bot problem. They also had a dupe problem. All of this with their shitty AH system. The only reason the bots left was because nobody was left to buy gold.
I know you two believe that stating your opinion as fact means you always get to be correct, but allow me the opportunity to pass on a tidbit of information to you that you may not be aware of since you haven't played the game in a while.

The guild trading kiosk system in TESO operates under a bidding system. Each guild puts in a bid for kiosks in specific locations spread out all across the various zones. In order to win a kiosk in one of the prime real estate locations, the winning bid is typically 250,000 gold or higher. This gives the guild one week of kiosk ownership at that location. If the numerous posts on the forums are actually telling the truth, one kiosk can sell on average over 25+ million gold worth of items per week. There are roughly 6-8 of these prime real estimate kiosks for all three factions. There are numerous other kiosks in less crowded regions that obviously do not process that many transactions.

Now that personally to me seems like a lot of transactions with a lot of gold exchanging hands between buyers and sellers but I could be wrong. I'm certain the two of you can come back with some reasonable explanation for why it isn't a positive sign.

Edit: fixed a quote

Vitality

HUSTLE
Edit: Thanks for the info my man. What kind of role are you filling for the Fallout 4 title?

Edit 2: edited out flame

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I know you two believe that stating your opinion as fact means you always get to be correct, but allow me the opportunity to pass on a tidbit of information to you that you may not be aware of since you haven't played the game in a while.

The guild trading kiosk system in TESO operates under a bidding system. Each guild puts in a bid for kiosks in specific locations spread out all across the various zones. In order to win a kiosk in one of the prime real estate locations, the winning bid is typically 250,000 gold or higher. This gives the guild one week of kiosk ownership at that location. If the numerous posts on the forums are actually telling the truth, one kiosk can sell on average over 25+ million gold worth of items per week. There are roughly 6-8 of these prime real estimate kiosks for all three factions. There are numerous other kiosks in less crowded regions that obviously do not process that many transactions.

Now that personally to me seems like a lot of transactions with a lot of gold exchanging hands between buyers and sellers but I could be wrong. I'm certain the two of you can come back with some reasonable explanation for why it isn't a positive sign.
I think it is a fantastic fall back system. Since they couldn't figure out how to get a global AH to work on Megaserver technology without breaking 89.4% of the entire code.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey Resc: Was this ever fixed? Just curious because they said it was going to be, then locked the thread so people wouldn't know how to use the exploit, but left the thread in tact with the OP's instructions on how to use the exploit and it remained viewable. (Haha now that makes sense) This was on a p;ublic test server so I am curious if the entire thing made it to live anyway.

Guild Traders - Bid History Exploit - Page 2 - Elder Scrolls Online

I love these retards. They are my favorite little retard dev house.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Edit: fixed a quote
The remedial obvious bots always are seen at the start of a game. After a time the more secure bots(payed ones) are left. There are still bots in ESO and they are still selling gold. The demand just isn't there as in other games because those design decisions didn't get rid of botting. It got rid of the playerbase.

Getting rid of bots would require actual effort and money spent by the people running the game. WoW with it's infinite resources still doesn't give much of a fuck to get rid of them besides the most obvious botters. You could get rid of probably 99 percent of botters if you wanted to in WoW if they would commit the resources. Give me a month and I could eliminate the botters in WoW with zero problems.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Getting rid of bots would require actual effort and money spent by the people running the game. WoW with it's infinite resources still doesn't give much of a fuck to get rid of them besides the most obvious botters. You could get rid of probably 99 percent of botters if you wanted to in WoW if they would commit the resources. Give me a month and I could eliminate the botters in WoW with zero problems.
How?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You simply flag accounts that meet certain criteria. Quests that are always skipped, do they always use 32bit client and click to move, are they inputing commands for 4 hours straight with no afk time. Many other things that could be learned by simply looking at the forums of the different bots out there. The money part is training people how to spot the bots and having them use the bots themselves and checking in on the flagged accounts. Tons of other things that you can spot easily if they cared enough to learn about the bots and watch how they behave.