The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That would mean quit playing games all together or limit myself to NBA 2K15 exclusively. I guess I can live off of Smash Bros and Virtual Console. Might have to knock the dust off my emulators. lol
Wait for a price drop to 19 bucks and/or give it about 6 months to see what happens with Sage gone (That is if they further develop for it any longer and/or Zenimax Media tells ZO to pound sand and call it quits) before moving forward. Or, rent it.

Blackwulf

N00b
Somebody talk some sense into me - the first official DLC is sounding good to me:

To arms, citizens of Tamriel! Imperial City, the first official DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, is on its way-it will be available on the PTS (PC/Mac) later this month, and launches on PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation?4 on September 16th. Read on for all the must-know details including features and cost.

Later this month, the full Imperial City DLC game pack will be available for testing on the ESOTU PTS, for free. We encourage everyone who owns the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited to join us for testing!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - Liberate The Imperial City Video

Located at the heart of the Cyrodiilic Empire, the Imperial City has fallen into ruin, claimed by Molag Bal's forces. It is comprised of six Imperial Districts, the extensive Imperial Sewers network, and the White-Gold Tower at its center. The dangers of Imperial City and the Sewers below are best suited for small groups of adventurers, but highly skilled warriors have been known to strike out on their own. While exploring and fighting your way through the Imperial City, be prepared to face not only Molag Bal's forces, but also enemy players from the opposing alliances.

Rewards that are unmatched in power await those who are brave enough to enter the Imperial City and claim them. Fight Molag Bal's personal guard, the elite Xivkyn, and other invaders from Coldharbour to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets. But be on your guard-enemy Alliance members lurk around every corner throughout the Imperial Districts and Sewers. Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory.

The Imperial City comes in two parts-the DLC game pack, and the base-game patch. Below is an explanation of each.
DETAILS
Release Info
The Imperial City DLC game pack will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation?4 on September 16th.

Price
The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.

Imperial City DLC Game Pack Features & Content
With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following:
All content is available to players that are level 10 and up
A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
The Tel Var Stone system
23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
Xivkyn racial motif style
New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)

Imperial City Base-Game Patch
Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimitedwill receive the base-game patch at no cost. The base-game Imperial City patch includes hundreds of fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content including combat, classes and skill lines, the Alliance War, dungeons, and quests. Here are a few of the highlights:
15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
100% more XP for all public dungeons
50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
20% more XP in Craglorn
Veteran Rank increased to 16
Racial Passive improvements
Mundus Stone buff improvements
Glass racial motif style
Improvements to existing item sets
The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
New crafting skill line passives
New Undaunted pledges
Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
Improved end-of-campaign Alliance War rewards
.and more!
Watch for the full Imperial City PTS patch notes later this month for full details!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, Quaid is level 41 on his PS4. He must seem to like the console version.

Quaid?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, Quaid is level 41 on his PS4. He must seem to like the console version.

Quaid?
PVP is still totally awful. Bereft of impact in 1 on 1s, biggest Zerg wins in siege warfare. If you are a small teams ganker you'll have fun in cyrodil, but there's no nameplates or inter faction communication... So there aren't many tears to drink.

Dungeons are some of the blandest Ive encountered industry-wide. World is very samey and unimpressive. 90% of quests are cringeworthy click-through crap, especially coming off playing Witcher 3. Haven't gotten to endgame PVE stuff yet so I can't comment.

Dat character progression/class system is legit though. Gear and abilities are compelling for the most part. Stability is surprisingly good. Aside from Rocket League there's nothing to play until November, so if you have friends to play with I'm sure you'll get 50-100 hours out of it. If you can find it cheap, even better.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Shame PvP is so poor. I know the nameplate discussion has went on forever now. I've really had a PvP itch since the EQ2 announcement but it seems to be a fading hope unless something happens before the 21st. Thanks for the info though...

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Meph I reckon the pvp is pretty good and definitely a lot better than what's out in the market now.
Pve I've got no idea, but pvp is fun especially if you play with friends. Small scale/gank is the most enjoyable zerg v zerg is your typical crap.

No nameplates isn't an issue because you can identify who you're fighting anyway. And you can always cross faction communicate to eat up all those tears.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
PVP is still totally awful. Bereft of impact in 1 on 1s, biggest Zerg wins in siege warfare. If you are a small teams ganker you'll have fun in cyrodil, but there's no nameplates or inter faction communication... So there aren't many tears to drink.
Fully agree with you on zerg vs zerg PVP. I dont care what the MMO is, zerg vs Zerg PVP will never be fun for me.

For PVP to be fun, good and/or meaningful (all subjective terms) does a MMO need to support some form of trash talking, epeen measurement, etc so that your PVP opponent knows you are better than them?

Vitality

HUSTLE
For PVP to be fun, good and/or meaningful (all subjective terms) does a MMO need to support some form of trash talking, epeen measurement, etc so that your PVP opponent knows you are better than them?
Absolutely.

The primary factor of this starting with player identification. Knowing who you're fighting is the baseline here. The players can sort the rest of those needs out themselves as long as they have some idea who they just owned or got owned by.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
You guys are making me feel like it is worth the pick up. I still think I may wait a bit longer to see if the EQ2 PvP server can somehow make it and maybe by that time, i'll know a little more how ESO post Sage is going to work.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You guys are making me feel like it is worth the pick up. I still think I may wait a bit longer to see if the EQ2 PvP server can somehow make it and maybe by that time, i'll know a little more how ESO post Sage is going to work.
It is most definitely not worth the pick up. Read what Quaid wrote.

A class progression system that may be fluid doesn't mean anything when the game you are playing is bland and boring as fuck.

What they should do is drop the level requirement for PvP so you can just go right to that at the very least. Slogging through ten levels of some of the most borish shit ever - hell, I doubt you would even make it passed those ten levels.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It is most definitely not worth the pick up. Read what Quaid wrote.

A class progression system that may be fluid doesn't mean anything when the game you are playing is bland and boring as fuck.

What they should do is drop the level requirement for PvP so you can just go right to that at the very least. Slogging through ten levels of some of the most borish shit ever - hell, I doubt you would even make it passed those ten levels.
Good deal.. I got slightly interested when I read that PvP'ing with a group of friends could be fun. That's really my situation. I'll just wait...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Good deal.. I got slightly interested when I read that PvP'ing with a group of friends could be fun. That's really my situation. I'll just wait...
If you have a small group of people, and all you will do is cause havoc and tears in small group warfare without any other impact, you would have to decide if that is worth $59 for you. Plenty of other games do that though. And are FAR better at it.

If I were in your spot, what you are describing sounds something like I would spend about 20 bucks on. Most definitely not 60.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
For the love of God, don't buy this on PC. On PS4/Xbone there's nothing else to play until Fallout 4 if you've beaten all the year's big releases already. That's the only reason playing TESO for the summer makes sense...

Hell, it might not even make sense if you're an XBRO since them lucky assholes are getting SMITE very soon.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
PVPing with a small group of friends is fun whether you play on PC or console. Keep in mind Utnayan will say whatever he can to keep people from playing this game. Quaid is playing it but he knows how many people here will attack him if he ever admits he is having fun.

If I were you I would hold off a couple of weeks until Imperial City PVP content hits the test server and more details emerge. About the only thing we know for certain is a DAOC Darkness Falls-like PVP dungeon will be part of it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dont think Quaid is afraid to give his honest opinion. He hasn't before, why would he suddenly be scared to now?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The idea of me being scared of attack is pretty hilarious. I've gotten into some pretty heavy throw downs with Utnayan and others in this very thread, and the pantheon thread.

I'm having 'fun' because I'm playing with my brother while my wife is beside me on the couch. Simple as that. If there were any other compelling online rpg/pvp experience on ps4 I assure you I would be playing that instead.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The idea of me being scared of attack is pretty hilarious. I've gotten into some pretty heavy throw downs with Utnayan and others in this very thread, and the pantheon thread.

I'm having 'fun' because I'm playing with my brother while my wife is beside me on the couch. Simple as that. If there were any other compelling online rpg/pvp experience on ps4 I assure you I would be playing that instead.
If you say so. I don't recall any of the "heavy throw downs" with Utnayan. All I remember is him pleading with you to stop playing. I thought that was pretty funny myself.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you say so. I don't recall any of the "heavy throw downs" with Utnayan. All I remember is him pleading with you to stop playing. I thought that was pretty funny myself.
What are you smoking? I even referenced his opinion of the game when he posted it and quoted it. I agree with his assessment. You're high.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Watch out Quaid! Fear the words on an Internet forum! If you like or play something I'm against I'll throw out a color adjective and it will ruin your life!