The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I swear it felt like the collective mind of Rerolled laughed at me for pressing the buy button on my PS4 but it looked OK for some casual gaming.

Made a Nightblade, but not sure what I want to play. Something thats good solo PVE?
All of the four basic archetypes can do well in solo PVE. It's what you want to do in PVP or group PVE that factors into what kind of build you want to use.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
All of the four basic archetypes can do well in solo PVE. It's what you want to do in PVP or group PVE that factors into what kind of build you want to use.
Do not really care for PVP but I would like to feel useful in group PVE
smile.png

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I swear it felt like the collective mind of Rerolled laughed at me for pressing the buy button on my PS4 but it looked OK for some casual gaming.

Made a Nightblade, but not sure what I want to play. Something thats good solo PVE?
We are.

It's not a good game, but being b2p and a severe lack of any good mmos currently being out, fuck it. Anyway, for solo pve dunmar destro staff Templar is a good choice, or destro staff dunmar dk. Templar literally consists of spamming biting jabs and that's basically it and it boring as fuck, but effective 1-vr ranks. Dk is more complicated, but can solo VR level group encouters.

Vegetoee_sl

shitlord
If you can get this game to play, great. I can't stop crashing to char/login every 5-15 minutes. It seems I am not alone either. A large portion of their PC base is experiencing the same crap. If anyone is wanting to play this game, buy it on PS4. I heard it is much more stable there.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
A large portion of their PC base is experiencing the same crap. If anyone is wanting to play this game, buy it on PS4. I heard it is much more stable there.
Working as intended. If you sell one working copy to a PC users, that's only one unit sold. If they have to re-buy the game to play it. Profitz!

Vegetoee_sl

shitlord
Working as intended. If you sell one working copy to a PC users, that's only one unit sold. If they have to re-buy the game to play it. Profitz!
I'm not re-buying a damn thing from them. I should have known once ESOTU was released and hyped for console something was amiss. Why else would they make a F2P/B2P model and focus so much efforts into diving into the console market with an MMO? I mean, what MMO went to console that did very well and kept that game going when their PC port sucked ass?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If you have bros that you game with, and enjoy MMORPGs at all, these is ZERO reason not to buy this on PS4. Fuck the haters. There isn't anything decent coming out until September. If you are done with Witcher 3 and Batman... wtf else is there to play all summer?

If you are a PC gamer you're a retard for playing this game. /wrists immediately.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
K
If you have bros that you game with, and enjoy MMORPGs at all, these is ZERO reason not to buy this on PS4. Fuck the haters. There isn't anything decent coming out until September. If you are done with Witcher 3 and Batman... wtf else is there to play all summer?

If you are a PC gamer you're a retard for playing this game. /wrists immediately.
I don't play console games so that isn't an option for me. Curious to know why you say that. I have read some reviews from players who played both PC and console versions of the game and almost all of them said the game played better on consoles than on the PC. Personally the fact that consoles can't have addons would be a deal breaker for me since I've gotten so used to the utility they provide.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There are vastly superior options to be played right now on PC. This is not true on console.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Rich Lambert's intro post. I knew he had worked on Oblivion but nice to see he was also a producer for Fallout 3. IMO the group dungeons are the best feature of TESO so also nice to see he was in charge of designing them.

A quick introduction! - Elder Scrolls Online
I was on the dungeon team with Rich for a few years before I jetted from there. Dude is solid and should have been put in charge in 2010 before they put Zeb and then Paul in that position. Looking forward to see his changes.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I was on the dungeon team with Rich for a few years before I jetted from there. Dude is solid and should have been put in charge in 2010 before they put Zeb and then Paul in that position. Looking forward to see his changes.
Do you know Gravely who used to post here? Last time we heard from him he gave the impression he was on the team that developed Craglorn. Also, do you know if Lambert disagreed with any of Sage's controversial decisions like removing nameplates and the minimap from the game?

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop is running a b2g1f sale for the next 3 days on used games, i bought 2 copies of TESO (ps4/xbone) just to flip to best buy. played 15 mins on my ps4, pretty much as boring as the PC version although the port is well done. still, if you wanna play an RPG I don't see why you wouldn't first play Witcher 3, then Dragon Age, and by then Fallout 4 will be out.

its hard playing MMOs now, it gets so dumb when you are in the starting zone and everyone is calling you the last final hope etc and 2 dudes named IPwnUrFace and XxX_420BlazeIt_XxX runs by

Quaid

Trump's Staff
still, if you wanna play an RPG I don't see why you wouldn't first play Witcher 3, then Dragon Age, and by then Fallout 4 will be out.
dude... Anyone who RPGs frequently beat Dragon Age last December, and has had Witcher complete for weeks. Fallout 4 and Battlefront aren't out for over 130 days.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do you know Gravely who used to post here? Last time we heard from him he gave the impression he was on the team that developed Craglorn. Also, do you know if Lambert disagreed with any of Sage's controversial decisions like removing nameplates and the minimap from the game?
Yeah, I met him at 38 studios and then put in a good word for him to Rich after the 38 shit went down. What I think eventually was Craglorn was just a high level concept when I was there. Not really sure what he was working on other than he was doing a great job when I asked how he was working out for them.

I left there in 2011 before Paul was put in charge. I can't really answer that and wouldn't really do that to Rich anyway. Any information I got after I left came from others who were still working there.