The Elder Scrolls Online

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is the dungeon finder broken YES or NO?! - Elder Scrolls Online

Never tried it myself, i didn't even think the game had a group finder. does it instantly port you to the dungeon when it works?
Yea it's like a standard group finder. It doesn't let you queue without a role on PS4 at least, so that info might be old/other platform. PS4 has never popped a queue for DPS and I'm a total newb so don't want to risk healing or tanking yet.

Guess I'll check out the DLC zones since I subbed for a month.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I could never get a group finder group. Its actually what made me stop playing since im a filthy casual and wanted groups for mid level dungeons. A week of zero pops and I've never logged back in.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, I know a few people that will gush over this as they recruit people to play the game for 3 days and then quit again...

I have no clue why they think this game is so great. Every god damn time they pick it back up I get to listen to how amazing the combat and gameplay is only to see them not playing it after 3 days.

rmack_sl

shitlord
Bethesda announces 'One Tamriel'. No more level restrictions. Wonder how well this will work out (or not).

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...ssage-from-be3
What is the point of even having levels after that change? Better off to just make everything skill point and gear based other then getting a +2 to all stats every plus raising my skill point cap time I fill up a "progress" bar. I liked the idea from FFXI that you could use a item to delevel yourself to join a low level group.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
What is the point of even having levels after that change? Better off to just make everything skill point and gear based other then getting a +2 to all stats every plus raising my skill point cap time I fill up a "progress" bar. I liked the idea from FFXI that you could use a item to delevel yourself to join a low level group.
It's a group-based game. A player level helps indicate your skill or experience level to potential group mates. Your system, while superior for an individual's personal experience, would be awful for other people trying to play with you.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I could actually see a leveless Mmo now. With how they've been making them the passed years leveling is just so dumb

I tried to fire this up again but this game has always given me problems. Usually would get stuck on loading screen nefore character select or something like that. Right now i forgot my password and it kept telling me that resetting ot isnt available right now
Mostly just wanted to run around the world so not even worth the headache rn

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picked this up on the steam sale, tried downloading on both steam and the seperate launcher both giving me terrible speeds of 1MB/s. Guess this takes an entire day to download off shit servers.

This game is free now and they recently had a huge update which made all content in the game scale to your level. I decided to give it another try and I really like it! The combat is still not as fun as I think it should be, but it sure beats Skyshit. But the scaling thing makes the game so much more fun. You can just head anywhere you want in the huge world, and any quests you find will be ideal for you. You can spend as long as you want in areas you like, and you no longer out level other places. Every Delve and dungeon and everything is now doable whenever you want. It really adds a lot of freedom to the game, it seems to suit it so well imo. I really like it. The game itself is alright too, the quests are surprisingly decent and the combat is better than most.

There are some things I hate about the game though. Whoever decided it was a good idea to make Delves and quest dungeons non instanced, has no business working in the games industry. The constant struggle for inventory space is retarded, as is the way the quest and crafting UI's work. Also the classes are not very good compared to other MMO's, and the way you build up characters is really idiotic. My mage has to wear a mixture of light medium and heavy armor just to level up each of those skill lines while levelling up. Same goes all the combat skills and passives. It is basically the same as TSW but instead of grinding with whatever build you want and then just unlocking any future build you want, you have to actually grind with the crappy new build to level it up.

Also the Delve bosses which are soloable and the only fun and challenging fight in the entire game, are always ruined by several other people being in your dungeon. Yet the world bosses which are like mini raids, hardly ever have anyone willing to do them because everyone is busy soloing.

I like the game but it has some retarded design decisions. Someone should troll their forum for me.

Last edited:

Blackwulf

N00b
Yeah, I'll catch a lot of grief on here for admitting this, but I also am giving it another shot after the latest updates. It's alright. I'm just bored enough to find it interesting again, maybe? Anyway, the new gear drops and the 4 man dungeons they have added over the last year are pretty fun. And PvP seems less laggy. I doubt I'll stick around long, but it's definitely improved.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Why does this game STILL suck so fucking bad at loading screens. Honestly logging into the game is the hardest part

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I've actually been playing this quite a bit, since Legion post leveling sucks ass, and it actually has a lot going for it. It's pretty amazing how complex builds can get with only five skills per bar and how dramatic the difference between people who know what they are doing vs those who just spam the same few keys over and over again can be.

I actually like that delves aren't instanced, and considering the short spawn times I'm not sure it's that big a deal. With 1T world bosses got a ridiculous bump in health, and should probably be nerfed a bit, but I've gone from getting one shot by them to soloing them over the course of a couple weeks just by adjusting my gear, build and getting better at my awareness. They still take too long to kill, though, so they're much better to fight with others.

Inventory management is really only a concern for the f2p crowd, and considering how much you get without a sub compared to other games in this genre it's something I can deal with. For subs the bottomless crafting bag has pretty much made inventory management irrelevant.