The Elder Scrolls Online

Tropics_sl

shitlord
Certainly possible but they might as well just trash TESO at this point then because it is being done entirely wrong and is simply going to do alot of damage to the image and reputation one of their most valuable IP's if the MMO of TES releases anything like that 19 minute video shows.

As big as Fallout is and a new game will be the amount of money at stake for a MMO version of TES if it is done right dwarfs anything a Fallout single player game could manage. WoW's gross revunue over the lifetime of that game is measured in the billions and TESO if it were to be done right has the potential to actually be the next WoW given their massive fan base and the very close parallels in gameplay that the single player version of the game already has to a MMO.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
For the second time, Bethesda's resource switch from Skyrim to a game that is out of pre-production (TES 6) has absolutely nothing to do with this game or fallout.

It is to launch TES 6 into full production.

That's it.

Slick Willey_sl

shitlord
For the second time, Bethesda's resource switch from Skyrim to a game that is out of pre-production (TES 6) has absolutely nothing to do with this game or fallout.

That's it.
What he said -- it is for the next installment of TES, to be available on the next-gen consoles (as well as PC of course).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
we'll see if you're right when they announce it tomorrow
What they are announcing tomorrow isn't being worked on by Bethesda Game Studios that is coming off Skyrim/Post Launch Content - it is Tango Gameworks developing a new Survival horror being published by Bethesda Softworks. Big difference there. Also:

When asked if the tease is related to Fallout on Twitter, Bethesda vice president of marketing Pete Hines posted "guess again."
I won't give it away. See if you can figure it out
smile.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2j-frfK-yg

Or this:

http://projectzwei.net/gallery/media.html

Picture the game "The last of us" if you have been following that mixed with Fallout gameplay.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

That's it.
I'm still surprised they'd want to do TES6 so soon after TES5. I figured they'd work on another IP, fallout or otherwise.

nuday

Golden Squire
I'm still surprised they'd want to do TES6 so soon after TES5. I figured they'd work on another IP, fallout or otherwise.
It kind of upsets me that they aren't going to release more DLC for Skyrim. I feel like they left a few big things totally unmentioned.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Look at their track record, they are basically the Elder Scrolls company that took a break with Fallout 3. If it's a new TES, then it'll be quite a while before it launches and on a new set of consoles (and PC) at that.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It kind of upsets me that they aren't going to release more DLC for Skyrim. I feel like they left a few big things totally unmentioned.
There is still more DLC coming out for Skyrim
smile.png

Wait scratch that
frown.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Reminds me of AOC + Darkfall combat/player animations. Combat animations really need to be tuned up a lot and the character models look like ass from what I'm seeing, but that's par for the course in some Elder Scrolls games.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Best thing they could do right now is to scrap this MMO idea and just stick with their bread and butter. This will not end well for them.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
It'd be okay as a single player game I guess, but making the decision (was it a decision?) to help some dude out in a jail cell and then seeing him respawn and having lordshadow run up to kill him again ruins it. I'll never understand that type of MMO or why devs continue to do it... just scrap this shit, use the assets to create a 3rd person Elder Scrolls lite singleplayer game with mod tools. Modders will make better animations, more varied environments and dozens of sex mods.