The Elder Scrolls Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I think i May want to try this finally. I need help though i understanding. I want to try this on PS4.
When i go to the shop, there are so many options.
“Elder scrolls online” $20
“Elder scrolls online collection” $80
“Elder Scrols online: Tamriel Unlimited” $15
“Elder scrolls online: summerset” $40
“Elder scrolls online: summerset upgrade” $30

From these i assume all i need in the $20 ESO. However is there a monthly fee?
I heard if you get Tamriel Unlinites there is no fee, i assume that’s not a standalon for $15?

Basically, wtf do i need to start this? Confusing as hell

Thanks!!

Mick

<Gold Donor>
These are the two versions i know:
Elder Scrolls Online Collection includes the ESO base game, ESO: Morrowind Chapter, ESO: Summerset Chapter, and four DLC game packs
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is the base game.

Monthly fee is for their premium membership (ESO Plus) which is not needed to play the game. It does give you Full access to all DLC game packs, Unlimited storage for crafting materials, 500 crowns per month for mounts, pets, & more, Double Bank space for your account, 10% increase to Gold & Experience acquisition, 10% increase to Crafting Inspiration & Trait Research rates, Double Furnishings & Collectibles space in player housing , Exclusive ability to dye costumes , and Double currency cap for Transmutation Crystals

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Alternative, if you have an Xbox one, s, x you can join game pass and download the base game for free (14 day trial for gamepass) to see if you like it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You can also buy it used at GameStop for 7 bucks to see if you like it first. If not, you’re only out seven dollars.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Base game is Tamriel Unlimited, there's some forms of trial but not too sure to what extent.

Then complete collection has various DLCs packed with it. Those aren't full expansions, they're like major patches content kinda(the actual patch balance and what not is applied to the game obviously, just you have questlines with unique items/crafting stuff in those DLCs). Note that you get access to all of them as long as you have the premium sub active. You can also buy them with crowns individually if you want to, but it seems like if you don't mind paying the sub, it's pointless to bother with this edition as you can just do them for free. Buying a sub also gives you crowns, so eventually if you're subbed you can just buy them, plus the sub gives useful stuff like unlimited bags for crafting materials.

Then you have the 2 main expansions, Morrowind and Summerset.

Both come with a standard edition and an "upgrade" edition. The standard comes bundled with the base game, the upgrade is if you have the base game already and costs 10$ less(so the base game is more or less valued at 10bucks or less, buying it for more is a ripoff). Sadly you missed the good offer with Summerset release where Morrowind was included for free with any preorder of Summerset. These have substantial content(Morrowind has a class too while Summerset has jewelcrafting/jewels) and aren't unlocked by having a sub.

I grabbed Summerset with Morrowind bundled for 25bucks a few weeks ago since it was a pretty good deal, but now getting everything will run you quite a bit more money. Have yet to play it though and probably won't for a while, just I figured the time it will take for Summerset to drop in value where I could buy everything at the same price was going to be not worth waiting even if I don't play now.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Alternative, if you have an Xbox one, s, x you can join game pass and download the base game for free (14 day trial for gamepass) to see if you like it.

gamepass for x1 is $1.00 right now, so that seems worth it to try this game for 14 days. If i like it, i'll switch back to PS4 and get the Tamriel thing, seems like a good deal for only $15

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
The ESO+ sub is totally worth it, I paid for the largest amount upfront and have had zero regrets. HOWEVER my one issue with this game was the amount of addons I needed to play. Adding my list here for anyone else.

AlignGrid*
Bigger Chat Window*
Mail Inventory Space* (Shows inventory count on mail interface)
Mer Character sheet*(Adds Research timers to character sheet for at-a-glance info; allows reordering of categories)
VotansKeybinder* (Allows keybinds across characters)
Swaps Continued* (Adds ability to save 'skill sets' and load them on demand)
AUI (minimap, actionbar, quest tracker features)
AwesomeGuildStore (Makes the guild stores marketable)
Azurah (Superior UI scaling and moving, experience bar control)
Bandits User Interface (ability timers, swap panel on action bar, rest of options turned off. Rest of features use at your discretion)
Destinations (Map/POI improvements)
Emacs (Allows combination of keybinds; for example shift+spacebar, alt+1,2,3,4 etc)
Harven's Improved Skill Window (Adds the ability to see potential morphs and the abilities' next level)
harvestMap (Improves map and allows nodes to be found easier)
InventoryGridView (Grid-icon style of viewing, sorting, and organizing inventory like other games)
ItemPreview (See items on your character)
Lootdrop (Enhanced visual loot over the default option)
LoreBooks (Map improvements)
Lui Ext (Main interface improvement mod; health bars, target, group)
SkyShards (Map improvement; shows skyshard locations)
SSP - SpentSkillPoints (Adds numeric values to skill list to see point distribution)
Suppress Error message (No UI errors)
TraitBuddy (Allows you to wrap your brain around the crafting in this game)

*=optional however the rest I suggest using. Below are in/out of combat screenshots

Screenshot_20180617_141740.pngScreenshot_20180617_141755.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm 15. Been pretty fun but it's hard not to get into the 'am i making my build right' stuff and not just play the game. I tried to pick up a bow and start leveling that and felt useless for a whole dungeon, now that I can swap weapons I feel like I'd never try and do that again.

What's the quickest way to get that polar bear mount, or are those tier of mounts just the obvious 'oh look, he's spent a bunch of $$ on the game' items?

I gotta try some of those mods.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldnt play it on ps4. This game was a nightmare without addons when I first installed it on computer. The addons help soo soo much, on top of that for PS4 you have to pay the online PS4 fee plus the ESO monthly fee right? And have joystick aiming? I loved the tamriel AH addon for ESO and a lot of other ones for cooldowns I just couldnt imagine playing ESO without all the addons I had.

Ya as the post said above I had lot of those addons, its just huge quality of life that you cant play without. The one that showed peoples dungeon drops was the best, I would pay people to give me the loot they didnt want but I wanted, saved me so many dungeon runs. Cant imagine running dungeons and not knowing the piece I want is rotting inside one of my groupie's bags and it could take me another 6 runs to get that piece.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Is the Twitch client not an efficient way to manage these, I see it's missing most of the list above?

Argarth

On the verandah
Is the Twitch client not an efficient way to manage these, I see it's missing most of the list above?

ESOUI for the add-ons themselves, and Minion for add-on management.

Curse/Twitch App is good for WoW, but next to useless for ESO. Haven't played ESO for ages, but doubt the situation has changed much.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
The core of the game is amazing to play however does lack QOL so just grab the minion app and youre good. If anyone is curious about builds this website is great, AlcastHQ Homepage - AlcastHQ. Don't worry about feeling locked into a build as you can find enough skill points for a multi-role character; through skyshards and quests.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I haven't played in a year and I'm getting set back up. I can't remember how to change my appearance. I have this Thieves Guild uniform on and I can figure out how to turn it off.

Xerge

<Donor>
So I haven't played in a year and I'm getting set back up. I can't remember how to change my appearance. I have this Thieves Guild uniform on and I can figure out how to turn it off.

Hit U(collections)click on appearance. there's also the outfit station you can find on the map in any of the big cities. If you pay for plus you also have the dye mechanic.

Screenshot_20180617_211245.png

Last edited:

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
Got back into ESO a bit over the past few months... forgot I was an ESO subscriber for a long time so had a good chunk of crowns saved up and had a bunch of xp scrolls... Took me a cpl years of playing a few hours every few months to get to level 42... past week went from 42 to 50 and 130+ champion ranks. Game is a lot of fun and I've been impressed with the dungeons and just regular quests you run into out in the wild. Playing a high elf vampire Magic sorc based off the "ez sorc" build/vids running double lightning staffs :D