The Elder Scrolls Online

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It turns out they're doing a class auditing balance and trying to reduce server lag. So every AE in the game, damage and heal, is getting reduced. It's not as bad as that thread is making it out too be. Where they're nerfing, they're boosting other things to make up for it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So not like WoW where stuff just got nerfed?

I thought it'd be awful, but it's not as bad as we all thought.

Still, their design philosophy is headed in the wrong direction and it reminds me of what WoW started to do. Things like oversimplifying classes and abilities and "standardizing abilities" which is just gross. For example, they now have terminology and philosophy around "damage over time standards" and "area of effect heal standards" and they basically made every classes AoE dots do the same amount of damage for the same amount of resources, and the same for every other type of heal/damage/whatever ability. Which is incredibly lame and removes a lot of flavor/uniqueness from classes.

This game has the whiniest PvP player base in the history of MMOs and the developers cower to them nonstop. They also refuse to separate abilities by PvP and PvE because they have a retarded lead dev in charge that thinks that will be "too confusing for players" (sound familiar?) Even though they already have 2 abilities in the game that do this.

As a result, abilities are constantly getting nerfed because of their performance in PvP, and that affects the PvE gameplay when it had no reason to do so. So it's really fucking annoying when you don't even play PvP and you get your shit nerfed to the ground because apparently those abilities make people cry in PvP. Although literally every single ability is OP in PvP according to the whiny cunts that spam the forums.

Needless to say a lot of players are very worried about the direction the devs are taking things lately.

Which is a real fucking shame because this game is really, really good and it has had a HUGE surge of players over the last 6 months. More people are playing than perhaps ever.I've never played an MMO this old other than WoW where you run into players literally everywhere you go, and cities are packed full of people. And yet the game needs serious infrastructure upgrades that they continue to put off. The fact they are changing abilities because the maths are too hard for the servers to calculate is hilarious. Instead of upgrading their infrastructure to deal with lag/technical issues, they are changing software... Absolutely retarded.

So I'm personally probably taking a break for a while to play WoW classic . Hoping in a few months they've got their heads screwed back on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
because this game is really, really good

Ehhhhh...

This game has always been an expensive Guild Wars 2 clone set in the ES world. So many missed swings that never made sense. Even worse is the bugs that still exist from beta / release in the client last time I played (about a year ago).

This game has the whiniest PvP player base in the history of MMOs and the developers cower to them nonstop. They also refuse to separate abilities by PvP and PvE because they have a retarded lead dev in charge that thinks that will be "too confusing for players" (sound familiar?) Even though they already have 2 abilities in the game that do this.

As a result, abilities are constantly getting nerfed because of their performance in PvP, and that affects the PvE gameplay when it had no reason to do so. So it's really fucking annoying when you don't even play PvP and you get your shit nerfed to the ground because apparently those abilities make people cry in PvP. Although literally every single ability is OP in PvP according to the whiny cunts that spam the forums.

PvP will ALWAYS be a cesspool. All PvPers want different things in their games and that leads to a billion different mechanics they HAVE to have or the game is "shit tier PvP!" When a game promotes PvP as a major system on release I know I can basically stay away a month or 2 past the release rush and then buy into the game at 1/3rd the price or less and 0 server woes because their population plummets when all the "Hardcore PvPers" quit the game for "THE NEXT SUPER AMAZING PVP GAME!"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ehhhhh...

This game has always been an expensive Guild Wars 2 clone set in the ES world. So many missed swings that never made sense. Even worse is the bugs that still exist from beta / release in the client last time I played (about a year ago).

PvP will ALWAYS be a cesspool. All PvPers want different things in their games and that leads to a billion different mechanics they HAVE to have or the game is "shit tier PvP!" When a game promotes PvP as a major system on release I know I can basically stay away a month or 2 past the release rush and then buy into the game at 1/3rd the price or less and 0 server woes because their population plummets when all the "Hardcore PvPers" quit the game for "THE NEXT SUPER AMAZING PVP GAME!"

You're right, hardcore pvpers are annoying as fuck. But I just disagree that the game isn't really good. Everyone I know that plays the game fucking adores it. I've never seen that in any other MMO. People might be actively playing and sub'd, but plenty don't adore it or even love it, and some barely even like it. But anyone I talk to in ESO that keeps playing just absolutely loves the game. It's different, for sure, and definitely more casual in a lot of ways. But I guess that's perfect for someone like me, a hardcore casual.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

CallTheMMOGi

Silver Squire
God damn this game is good. I'm glad they did this free week so I could try it and realize how good it was. I've been missing out.

You and me both, other china or japan mmos can't play in hide and seek, ESO rocks! Imma get myself a dragon for this christmas and why not :D

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Definitely has sever lag issues but it’s a great game for solo content. You definitely get your money’s worth especially if you just get it for free on gamepass (or $10).

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Slightly related, but I've finally started a serious playthrough of ES3 Morrowind. Love the old school immersion. Does this online version capture that feel? There are some real gems I never got around to playing years ago. Can you belive I've never done planescape or Ultima 7 either? I got work to do, and since the MMO scene turned to dogshit, I got the spare time for it.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Slightly related, but I've finally started a serious playthrough of ES3 Morrowind. Love the old school immersion. Does this online version capture that feel? There are some real gems I never got around to playing years ago. Can you belive I've never done planescape or Ultima 7 either? I got work to do, and since the MMO scene turned to dogshit, I got the spare time for it.
The Morrowind and Clockwork City DLC are some of the best content I’ve done. Sotha Sil is amazing. Morrowind is part of the 9.99 bundle too.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Logged back in after a long hiatus and I was dissapointed to see Skyshard completion and Skill line completion were now available for purchase.

This is a great game, and I think Bethesda is determined to show the world that Fallout 76 wasn't an accident and its fully capable of fucking up any franchise.

• 1Like

sukik

That doesn't bother me much because they're only useful for alts. You can only buy them if you've completed the in game achievement for a skyshards in a zone or maxing out a skill line.

sukik

How hard is this to start as a brand new player?

I think it's one of the easier MMO's to get in to. It's pretty story focused and you can spend most of your time doing that until you hit max level and have a good chunk of your champion points(810cp is max). Or if you prefer PVP you can jump into that at 10. I didn't actually get a decent build until I was max level +150cp, and I didn't really get the hang of playing until around cp 300. Mostly because I didn't care and didn't do dungeons up until that point. You won't have to sit up and put down the Cheetos until you want get the hang of dungeons, then start doing veteran dungeons and trials.

Here's a decent build site of you decide to give it a go. The game has a weird rotation system where you weave regular attacks between abilities.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think it's one of the easier MMO's to get in to. It's pretty story focused and you can spend most of your time doing that until you hit max level and have a good chunk of your champion points(810cp is max). Or if you prefer PVP you can jump into that at 10. I didn't actually get a decent build until I was max level +150cp, and I didn't really get the hang of playing until around cp 300. Mostly because I didn't care and didn't do dungeons up until that point. You won't have to sit up and put down the Cheetos until get the want to get the hang of dungeons, then start doing veteran dungeons and trials.

Here's a decent build site of you decide to give it a go. The game has a weird rotation system where you weave regular attacks between abilities.

Thank You.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Logged back in after a long hiatus and I was dissapointed to see Skyshard completion and Skill line completion were now available for purchase.

This is a great game, and I think Bethesda is determined to show the world that Fallout 76 wasn't an accident and its fully capable of fucking up any franchise.

That is only for Alts my man.

only if you have completed the zone on another character can you buy the shards for your alt as luxury item.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I’ve been plying this the last few days again. I’m having fun. Using an Xbox Elite 2 controller on my PC with a few mods. Game has a fuck ton of content. I left at lvl 50 with maybe 10cp. Up to 100 now.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
That is only for Alts my man.

only if you have completed the zone on another character can you buy the shards for your alt as luxury item.

Well that makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for clarifying that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They are releasing another expansion, well it seems to be 4 modules, not sure I get exactly what they are doing. This is Skyrim getting into the online version.

Elder Scroll next expansion

I wish I could get into the combat for this game, I like just about everything else, and there's ton of content, and they release new content fairly regularly...but damn I find the combat awful.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users