The Elder Scrolls Online

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'd say WoW is better than the Elder Scrolls games anyway. Only thing ES does better is graphics.
Yeah I quite like the setting. The main thing that pisses me off about the ES games is that the combat is just so incredibly bad. If that was good, I'd love them. I wish they stuck to single player games though. Modern MMO's are boring. I want Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls 6, but with improvements to gameplay. And they should let people play them co-op over the internet with friends. People would love that I reckon.
So let me get this straight...

WoW is better then the Elder Scrolls games but Modern MMO's are boring and you want more single player Elder scrolls...

What.
The.
Fuck.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The dozens of pages of you shitting on this title really make it hard to trust you, added by the fact you solely focus on this game.

The kicker is when you aren't on a crusade, your posts are generally fun and amusing. It comes across like your purpose here is to attack TESO. I doubt it's the next coming of WOW, but I also doubt it's akin to Vanguard's release like you keep shilling.

How's about some insider info on... anything else?
I used to lurk on Fires of Heaven. Your perspective might be skewed if you didn't regularly post there or read the MMO general board. Utnayan does this, he sees a game that is really bad, and he targets it, and he makes sure everyone knows that its not on track and won't be good. He's been doing this since, what, at least Vanguard? He's actually helping protect lots of people from buying bad products. Don't let his apparent current focus on mostly just this one game deceive you into thinking he's someone who just hates Elder Scrolls or something. No. He has gone overboard at times, but his track record of sniffing out shit platters and preventing others from eating them is stellar.

2cents, its a fool or someone who doesn't have the proper context who thinks Utnayan just has a grudge against some singular game. No, he attacked what's his face that baseball player constantly, to the point he was banned from FOH for it, but in the end...Utnayan was right. Same with Vanguard, several other titles. If you're familiar with the community, which if you aren't, isn't a bad thing, but if you ARE familiar with the community, you know Utnayan is actually doing the Lord's work.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Agreed. I know Gecko is a regular but anyone questioning UT now is just plain wrong. The dude has been spot on for years. You do yourself a disservice by not listening to him.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used to lurk on Fires of Heaven. Your perspective might be skewed if you didn't regularly post there or read the MMO general board. Utnayan does this, he sees a game that is really bad, and he targets it, and he makes sure everyone knows that its not on track and won't be good. He's been doing this since, what, at least Vanguard? He's actually helping protect lots of people from buying bad products. Don't let his apparent current focus on mostly just this one game deceive you into thinking he's someone who just hates Elder Scrolls or something. No. He has gone overboard at times, but his track record of sniffing out shit platters and preventing others from eating them is stellar.

2cents, its a fool or someone who doesn't have the proper context who thinks Utnayan just has a grudge against some singular game. No, he attacked what's his face that baseball player constantly, to the point he was banned from FOH for it, but in the end...Utnayan was right. Same with Vanguard, several other titles. If you're familiar with the community, which if you aren't, isn't a bad thing, but if you ARE familiar with the community, you know Utnayan is actually doing the Lord's work.
I played Vanguard for almost a year and had a great time. Which is longer than any other mmo except EQ and possibly GW1. While Utnayan was correct about many of Vanguard's issues it wasn't the baby eating evil monster that he and others claimed.

I still think Vanguard was one of the better mmo's ever produced, especially now with hindsight looking at all the idiotic WoW clones that have come since then. Vanguard did a lot of things right. It was a better EQ2 than EQ2 was. If it had been supported properly and had had a decent team after release it would have aged much better than it did. It is unfortunate that Microsoft pulled the plug on funding when it did, forcing the game to be released way too early.

Utnayan's hyperbole back then was extreme and excessive. He's calmed down quite a bit since then and is actually a decent read now, but he still has a tendency toward hyperbolic excess. And while he is right about a lot of things, I still prefer to judge games for myself instead of listening to others or following the herd.

If I had listened to him back then then I would have missed out on Vanguard and the great times I had there. Almost every game since that time has been a hugely disappointing WoW clone without depth or longevity.

So let me get this straight...

WoW is better then the Elder Scrolls games but Modern MMO's are boring and you want more single player Elder scrolls...

What.
The.
Fuck.
Your little pea brain still fails to understand basic concepts.

I thought WoW was shit, but it's still better than the Elder Scrolls games because they are super shit. (WoW is a huge world filled with decent quests, PVP, raids, good classes and decent combat, etc, Elder Scrolls games are bland worlds with cut n pasted dungeons, terrible quests that are never anything other than go here kill this, and have the worst combat ever made.)

And yes, I would like a new elder scrolls, but notice the part that said "with improvements to gameplay". You have to READ the words. But anyway, great contribution as always, you fucking brain dead moron.

I played Vanguard for almost a year and had a great time.

..snip..

If I had listened to him back then then I would have missed out on Vanguard and the great times I had there. Almost every game since that time has been a hugely disappointing WoW clone without depth or longevity.
Which ironically is what has Vanguard ended up as now.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Agreed. I know Gecko is a regular but anyone questioning UT now is just plain wrong. The dude has been spot on for years. You do yourself a disservice by not listening to him.
Actually I'd say the truth is more in the middle.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Your little pea brain still fails to understand basic concepts.

I thought WoW was shit, but it's still better than the Elder Scrolls games because they are super shit. (WoW is a huge world filled with decent quests, PVP, raids, good classes and decent combat, etc, Elder Scrolls games are bland worlds with cut n pasted dungeons, terrible quests that are never anything other than go here kill this, and have the worst combat ever made.)

And yes, I would like a new elder scrolls, but notice the part that said "with improvements to gameplay". You have to READ the words. But anyway, great contribution as always, you fucking brain dead moron.
So you are looking forward to a game that you think is SO bad it's worse then shit.You say a series that has been running for 19 years is SO bad it's worse then games that you think are 'shit'. 19 years of releases that you think are TERRIBLE and yet you hope they release another one with game play improvements. LMAO I take back what I said earlier I hope you never get banned this is hilarious you are bat shit insane!!

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would never have guessed that another game "using" the hero engine has responsiveness issues, and jerky jittery gameplay. I really want to know what the sales people at simutronics said at the pitch, "We know TOR was shit and the engine sucked so much cock that you couldn't have 20 players on the screen at once, but it's better now, just sign right here please sir."

DMK_sl

shitlord
Maybe it's an extremely cheap engine?

From the beginning they have probably planned to make the game as cheaply as possible sell a lot of boxes then cash out..

Chronometer_sl

shitlord
Didn't the TOR team license the engine super early on and then decided to make all these great sweeping changes to what was a half-baked swiss cheese in the first place?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I have to disagree a bit. I like Ut, and his posts usually have merit but he sometimes goes Tasmanian Devil on certain threads. I'm just trying to 'redirect' this as he does add a lot of value when he isn't going ape shit. Also, predicting MMO doom isn't exactly reaching.

I guess I shouldn't care, but I'm curious about this game.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fuck UT, he gave me a neg once!

I honestly would rather have posters like UT who are entertaining then posters like myself who are honestly just boring as fuck. My 2 cents.

spronk

FPS noob
predicting any new MMO is gonna suck is like predicting summer will be hot, doesn't take any special powers. I stay out of the EQNext circlejerk thread but that would be one where opinion should be heavily divided and will be interesting to see who gets it right; predicting Vanguard, KOA, TESO, Aion, SWTOR, Hellgate London, Defiance, etc will suck is shooting fish in a barrel. TERA, World of Tanks, Planetside 2, TSW, GW2, etc were more split decisions and there were no prophets for those.

the biggest problem with posters like UT and qwerty is that if you go away for a day or two and try to catch up on a thread, it can be 10+ pages with dozens of new posts by the same person just regurgitating worthless copypasta of contradicting information. These guys all try to suggest they have "insider info" but its really just devs posting in other places (somethingawful, reddit, pennyarcade, etc) being retransmitted.

Slick Willey_sl

shitlord
I played Vanguard for almost a year and had a great time. Which is longer than any other mmo except EQ and possibly GW1. While Utnayan was correct about many of Vanguard's issues it wasn't the baby eating evil monster that he and others claimed.

I still think Vanguard was one of the better mmo's ever produced, especially now with hindsight looking at all the idiotic WoW clones that have come since then. Vanguard did a lot of things right. It was a better EQ2 than EQ2 was. If it had been supported properly and had had a decent team after release it would have aged much better than it did. It is unfortunate that Microsoft pulled the plug on funding when it did, forcing the game to be released way too early.

Utnayan's hyperbole back then was extreme and excessive. He's calmed down quite a bit since then and is actually a decent read now, but he still has a tendency toward hyperbolic excess. And while he is right about a lot of things, I still prefer to judge games for myself instead of listening to others or following the herd.

You are clearly an outlier when it comes to Vanguard. His opinion on Vanguard was spot on for the far, far majority of MMO gamers. So yeah, UT can't account for outliers who are going to "like" some game that is ALMOST universally held to be a POS.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, fucking wanna be nostradamous. Here I got one for you... Wildstar and EQ next will not have 12 million subs.
rolleyes.png

So you are looking forward to a game that you think is SO bad it's worse then shit.
I never said I was looking forward to it. The games I'm looking forward to, you probably have never even heard of. I just want the ES series to improve because it became so big and popular, it's here to stay. May as well wish it improves because it's not going anywhere.

You say a series that has been running for 19 years is SO bad it's worse then games that you think are 'shit'. 19 years of releases that you think are TERRIBLE and yet you hope they release another one with game play improvements. LMAO I take back what I said earlier I hope you never get banned this is hilarious you are bat shit insane!!
What the hell are you babbling about? The series changes with each iteration. Morrowind was pretty cool and had lots of depth. Oblivion was dumb shit for kids like you, with lots of stuff removed. Skyrim, graphics are stunning with the right mods, combat is slightly better with the shouts and two handed magic, and the dungeons were a lot more varied this time, less cut and paste. World design was FAR better too, for the first time there were waterfalls and plains, mountains, swamps, hot springs etc... variety you usually get in RPG's but the Elder Scrolls series never bothered to have before. It's almost a great game, it just needs to improve. But that's the problem with the games industry, they can release some half assed game and as long as it gets super hyped, it will sell 4 million copies to morons like you who foam at the mouth at whatever you are told is awesome.

That's why Skyrim was released with so many bugs, and so many cut corners. They don't NEED to perfect these things because it will sell millions anyway.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are clearly an outlier when it comes to Vanguard. His opinion on Vanguard was spot on for the far, far majority of MMO gamers. So yeah, UT can't account for outliers who are going to "like" some game that is ALMOST universally held to be a POS.
Yeah, I recognize that. Part of the reason I didn't have as many issues with Vanguard as many others did is because I owned a beast machine when it was released. So most of the issues that the majority had didn't effect me. The Vanguard devs were at fault for not releasing a game that worked well on common computers and that really hurt them with the majority.

But for those of us who could experience it and who liked the style of gameplay, Vanguard was a lot of fun. It is was the closest true successor to EQ ever released and it also had a lot of great innovations, especially with classes.

The point is that even though UT brings up a lot of very valid issues in the games he pans, he doesn't speak for everyone. And anyone who follows his word blindly is potentially losing out on a great experience.