The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
He said they've been updating the game with greater frequency than any current MMO. Which is pretty true now that Rift has fallen off.
No, he said:

They produce and release more content than any other mmo.
Lets define content, because the content released is garbage that wouldn't get a second look in any meaningful MMORPG.

dechire, when is your last experience with NcSoft? (Honest experience)

Here is what folks think of the incompetent management at ArenaNet, and while making money hands over fists, the people responsible for the work get toy laser guns that they can only use in the office with completely shady upper management within the dev house.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Are...ws-E255820.htm

No one tells Mike O'Brien & co how to run the game.
Looks like Mike O'Brien doesn't get told anything. Aside from him cracking whips on his employees without monetary compensation.

"Here you go guys.... here is a small laser tag ray gun. Now... Back to work!!! AREN'T WE HAVING FUN WHILE YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR HOUSE PAYMENT? That's ok. You can just live here under your computer desk!"

The loss of two of the three company founders left a tremendous void in the company's leadership that was never repaired, and the alternate perspectives they offered are sorely missed when the time comes for high level strategic decision-making.
Mike O'Brien doesn't know his ass from a whole in the wall.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, he said:

Lets define content, because the content released is garbage that wouldn't get a second look in any meaningful MMORPG.

dechire, when is your last experience with NcSoft? (Honest experience)

Here is what folks think of the incompetent management at ArenaNet, and while making money hands over fists, the people responsible for the work get toy laser guns that they can only use in the office with completely shady upper management within the dev house.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Are...ws-E255820.htm

Looks like Mike O'Brien doesn't get told anything. Aside from him cracking whips on his employees without monetary compensation.

"Here you go guys.... here is a small laser tag ray gun. Now... Back to work!!! AREN'T WE HAVING FUN WHILE YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR HOUSE PAYMENT? That's ok. You can just live here under your computer desk!"

Mike O'Brien doesn't know his ass from a whole in the wall.
Come on. Draegan understood what I meant and so did you. If you want to call me out for bad wording then fine, my bad.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Come on. Draegan understood what I meant and so did you. If you want to call me out for bad wording then fine, my bad.
Ok I won't be that guy. But at least let's come up with a verifiable list of content in Guild Wars 2 that was added compared to a years worth of Rift, or WoW, or EQ2, or what have you.

Because all I see from my end are a few holiday events, 2-3 dungeons, and about 6,000 cash shop items with a plethora of skill additions/changes which I do not consider content but I guess in Guild Wars 2 that is now content.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you actually played the game then you would understand what is going on. I'm not going to list it, frankly it's just too much to look up. Really, it's a ton. Every 3 or 4 weeks their has been new content in the form of temporary or permanent updates. Almost all of them included new dungeons and or zones. So, i'm not talking about quests. I'm sure there is a list somewhere if really want to look into it.

Or you could trust the fact that everyone who actually plays the game agrees with me. So why are we wrong and someone who obviously doesn't play the game and is pulling bs out of his ass, right?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you actually played the game then you would understand what is going on. I'm not going to list it, frankly it's just too much to look up. Really, it's a ton. Every 3 or 4 weeks their has been new content in the form of temporary or permanent updates. Almost all of them included new dungeons and or zones. So, i'm not talking about quests. I'm sure there is a list somewhere if really want to look into it.

Or you could trust the fact that everyone who actually plays the game agrees with me. So why are we wrong and someone who obviously doesn't play the game and is pulling bs out of his ass, right?
Or I could just go through my email attached to the game and look up every content update which I will do just to prove you, and other Anet fanboys, are completely blowing any content given within this game so far out of proportion it makes Andrew Weiner look like Charles Ingalls.

Edit: Upon a macro level, I've got about 7 "holiday" or "world" events which amount to about 3 dailies in World of Warcraft. I'll dig deeper. Furry mentioned a couple dungeons. Those are still in the game right?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Or I could just go through my email attached to the game and look up every content update which I will do just to prove you, and other Anet fanboys, are completely blowing any content given within this game so far out of proportion it makes Andrew Weiner look like Charles Ingalls.

Edit: Upon a macro level, I've got about 7 "holiday" or "world" events which amount to about 3 dailies in World of Warcraft. I'll dig deeper. Furry mentioned a couple dungeons. Those are still in the game right?
I listed everything in the last two months. You're conveniently forgetting the two zones and new armors/skins that aren't cash shop based, and the the new parts in old zones.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, I've gotten almost 1000 hours of enjoyment out of a game I paid 50 dollars for 10 months ago... I don't understand how you can say this company fucking sucks.

Sure, the game could have better structured reward systems... but that could bring it's own problems too.

It's a weird game. It requires the player to be self-directed to enjoy the game, like a sandbox game, but doesn't have the economy or the level of freedom/interactivity of a sandbox game. It has the least interesting itemization in the history of AAA MMOs.

However, it does have a lot of things that people have wanted for a long time. It has an excellent combat system. It has no trinity. It has lots of viable builds for every class. Almost every stat is good for some build for almost every class.

It just doesn't really have an overarching point to it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Shadow of the Mad King. (I played through this) It took me about 30 minutes and change. Including Act 2. (October 15th)

Lost Shores - One New Dungeon. And... 5,000,000 new Black Lion items! (November 16th)

Flame and Frost Prelude: An achievement and a tournament with existing art assets! (January 28th) NOW THAT IS A SHIT TON OF CONTENT.

"New and improved items in the Gem Store!!!" January 29th.

Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm including, 1 new PvP Capture the Flag Map!, Guild missions! And... MORE STUFF TO BUY ON THE GEM STORE! (February 26th)

Flame and Frost: The Razing! Including... Drudge and Charr in an alliance consisting of 25 minutes of content... AND... MORE ON THE GEM STORE! (March 27th) OH. Forgot to
include WvW updates! Those went off with a bang from what it sounds like.

Flame and Frost - RETRIBUTION. Destroy the molten weapons facilities! (25 minutes!) New WvW Guild Siege Weapons! (That no one gives a fuck about since its a zerg fest) and... RED HOT ITEMS IN THE GEM STORE! (April 25th)

The Secret of Southsun! A NEW ZONE! FINALLY. And... MORE ITEMS IN THE GEM STORE! (May 26th)

This is getting boring. I'll recap with saying they appear to have one more zone and a puzzle.

So almost one year in... Lets tally the content:

1 or 2 dungeons (In case I missed one)
2 Zones
1 PvP Capture the flag area
And about 6 dailies worth of content. and don't forget...
about 70,000,000 items added to the gem store

Jesus Fuck Grim1 just what the hell are you smoking.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1 or 2 dungeons (In case I missed one)
2 Zones
1 PvP Capture the flag area
And about 6 dailies worth of content. and don't forget... [/b]about 70,000,000 items added to the gem store

Jesus Fuck Grim1 just what the hell are you smoking.
You are only listing the permanent zones and dungeons. You conveniently don't list all the temporary content that comes too. And the jumping puzzles etc. (I can guarantee you didn't do the Halloween jumping puzzle in 30 min). Much of the content is holiday / special events that also had dungeons / zones to play in. I spent more time in that content in the last 6 months than in the regular game. And it's FUN content, some of it's a little goofy, but that just added to the charm.

You're trying too hard and not being honest while at it. The fact that you haven't actually played the game is painfully obvious, you're just spouting bull shit. You really should let this one go. You're not doing your credibility any favors.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You are only listing the permanent zones and dungeons. You conveniently don't list all the temporary content that comes too. And the jumping puzzles etc. (I can guarantee you didn't do the Halloween jumping puzzle in 30 min). Much of the content is holiday / special events that also had dungeons / zones to play in. I spent more time in that content in the last 6 months than in the regular game. And it's FUN content, some of it's a little goofy, but that just added to the charm.

You're trying too hard and not being honest while at it. The fact that you haven't actually played the game is painfully obvious, you're just spouting bull shit. You really should let this one go. You're not doing your credibility any favors.
No, Grim. Your credibility was shot eight threads ago. Enough with your white knighting (or trolling) bullshit and show me how the above (for fucks sake jumping puzzles is now considered content? Are you fucking kidding me? Just how far down the shit hole are you willing to go?) smokes the actual hand crafted permanent content seen in just three MoP patches or anything in four months of rift. Unlike the moron mass (some casual people unwilling or just too fucking stupid to see through patched spin marketing making it seem like there is more content than there really is) most people here aren't that fucking dumb.

What server are you on? I'll log in and you can see my character and level.

Kasted_sl

shitlord
Here is some of GW2s content.

Additional jumping puzzles and explorable areas(mini-dungeone ie. Vexx's lab, etc.)
Halloween Event
  • instance
  • 2 mini games introduced

Lost Shores
  • new zone

Wintersday
  • instance
  • 2 mini games

Flame and Frost
  • 2 mini instances
  • dungeon

Super Adventure Box
  • new zone

Last Stand at Southson
  • revamp of zone
  • instance boss encounter
  • mini game

Sky Pirates of Tyria
  • new dungeon
  • new jumping puzzle

Dragon Bash
  • mini game
  • mini story instance

Bazaar of the Four Winds
  • new zone
  • 2 mini game

Cutthroat Politics
  • 2 mini games
    mini instance

spvp
  • temple map
  • ship map
  • spirit watch map
  • sky hammer

wvw
  • revamp rewards
  • wvw ranks

Looks like quite a bit for a game not a year old. The content may not be for everyone, but it still is content. Now please explain this nonexistent content?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Poopin from mouth
What do you consider content? Since your definition of content seems to be different than the standard one, pls put it to text.

I define content as stuff to do in a game. A jumping puzzle is something to do. The latest one as an example was a large area with npcs to kill, multiple secret areas and achievements to do.

I think watching wow's cutscenes is boring as fuck and absolutely horrible and something I'd never want to subject myself too... But i'd still say it was content. You just need to come to terms with the fact that the reasons you dont like gw2 are opinions, not factual and a lot of people disagree with you.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\ the fractals dessa sends you too are the size of my bathroom. Dire Maul eclipses it by a mile.

Here is some of GW2s content.

Additional jumping puzzles and explorable areas(mini-dungeone ie. Vexx's lab, etc.)
Halloween Event

Looks like quite a bit for a game not a year old. The content may not be for everyone, but it still is content. Now please explain this nonexistent content?
So just my point. Over 75% of the shit you just listed is consumed in fucking 15 minutes or less.

Is this a joke? If we set the bar any lower of what content is now defined as (in the mmorpg genre -- arenanet and their fan club already redefined everything else) worms wouldn't even be able to do the limbo.

Edit: Mist. Good post.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
15 minutes? Like I said, you obviously have never played any of it. If you don't like the content that's one thing, but to have never played it and then call it nonexistent is really sad.

Don't even understand what you are trying to accomplish here unless it's just to troll us. Everybody who plays GW2 disagrees with your BS statements about content and P2W. It's one thing to not like the game, there are a couple of major aspects about GW2 I don't like myself. Instanced dungeons and WvW in it's current form mainly. But I just don't do those activities. There is still a ton of other stuff to do, and the monthly updates keep me coming back. That is true for most players and that is why GW2 is still hugely popular almost a year after it was released.

Could it be better? Of course. But to have someone like you sit there a actively lie about it's content and cash shop really doesn't do anyone any good.

At this point (a while back actually), the back and forth has become pointless. I suspect you are trolling us because none of your statements make any logical or factual sense.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
15 minutes? Like I said, you obviously have never played any of it. If you don't like the content that's one thing, but to have never played it and then call it nonexistent is really sad.
1) if it took you longer than 15 minutes to play through a majority of that (mini games, jumping puzzles and the like) you are the Stephen Hawking of the mmorpg genre.

2) I'm ready to have you log in to the server I played on any time you wish. Which you ignored. I played with mostly ej and ejb folks. I think one or two out of the 200 actually even still have it installed.

That is true for most players and that is why GW2 is still hugely popular almost a year after it was released.
Yeah. Looks like it.

During the quarter, Lineage accounted for 38% of total sales (up from 24%), Guild Wars 2 accounted for 21% (down from a huge 45%), and Aion was responsible for 16% (up from 9%)
http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/13/ncso...ut-profits-up/

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, my guild doesn't log in anymore either. But that was because most of them bought the game for the WvW, hoping that it would rekindle the DAoC memories. Not to be unfortunately. The couple that still play I encouraged to join other guilds so they could get the new guild achievements and have people to do dungeons with.

And your 15 minute statement just doesn't jibe with reality. Unless you just zone in and zone out, which for some of the monthly updates is all that I did. But the most of the other updates were fun and kept me occupied for a few days of casual play. It isn't possible to do all the content in each update in 15 minutes.

I read that the winter content is up again. You should check out the snowball arena. It's a lot of fun and kept me occupied for a few nights the last time it was active. Or you could just sit on the sidelines and scream "this sucks" in chat while everyones has fun and ignores you. Up to you.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Unless you just zone in and zone out, which for some of the monthly updates is all that I did.
Sounds exciting.
rolleyes.png

It isn't possible to do all the content in each update in 15 minutes.
I never said that. I said 75% of the content added you could consume in 15 minutes. I should clarify I meant whatever mini game they added or whatever jumping puzzle went in, or whatever event. If you want to talk about a whole patch, I'll be generous and say any average player with a broken mouse could consume it all in three hours. (HEAVILY dependent on the patch. Three of those are bullshit patches with little actual content added) in which case an entire months with of patch is over in half a fucking hour.

Edit lets log in tomorrow grim. And you can show me. I'll have my grey goose seven in hand. 8pm central?