The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

says under each which are included in plus

Ok that one explains it better. So basically if you sub, you get everything through the end of the DLC's through summerset. You do not get Elswyer, but have access to the post DLC content, and obviously nothing in the half baked Skyrim expansion.

They couldn't have fucked up that business model more if they tried. Just include all previous expansions and DLC in a main release expansion and provide different incentives for subscribing for aux. services.

Xerge

<Donor>
You do not get Elswyer, but have access to the post DLC content,

I just asked on a community discord, you get Elswyer included with your sub now that Greymoor has released. I haven't needed to sub for the past 3 months or so, but I just did today. All the while I was logging in and maintaining my main with research and finishing some quest lines. Truthfully if WoW adopted this model I'd keep WoW installed and log in periodically. Hell, ff14 looking at you too. I have max level mains in WoW, FF14, and ESO. I can maintain my eso main but not the other's, and that's due to the business model.

Edit -- ESO has the better business model IMO. Buy to play subscription hybrid is what'd call it. Know what's a fucking piss off? Subbing to a game now and receiving zero extra fucking perks. Fuck you companies, give me shit for my money you fucking cheap invert dicks.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The game has pretty much every single monetization scheme thrown at you

Box purchase
Sub
DLC
Expansions
Loot Boxes
Loot Box currency
Micro Transactions purchased with a premium currency bought with money in increments that are designed to make you overbuy
Collectors/Deluxe editions

Shit is egregious

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The game has pretty much every single monetization scheme thrown at you

Box purchase
Sub
DLC
Expansions
Loot Boxes
Loot Box currency
Micro Transactions purchased with a premium currency bought with money in increments that are designed to make you overbuy
Collectors/Deluxe editions

Shit is egregious

They have to get as much money as they can out of the 9 people left playing it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have to get as much money as they can out of the 9 people left playing it.

You might want to look into that theory. Cant go to a single city without having to figure out how to pan the camera to talk to NPC's or use crafting benches. But then again, I dont know why the topic of conversation (Pricing) was brought up by someone that has recently stated how much they dislike the game. But I digress....

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There's plenty of players, it's hard to tell whether it's going up or down due to megaserver but dungeon spawns are instant on tank/healers (have always been pretty slow on dps), every zone you go to is full of players and there is a thriving economy.

The monetization is about in line with other games which require a sub. While it is 'free to play' ESO is not really playable without a sub imo unless you are not going to do any crafting at all.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ESO is one of the more popular MMO's. Hard to say who has the most concurrent player numbers now, FFXIV, ESO or WoW. Probabably FFXIV at this point since WoW has seen a huge decline over the years. But ESO is up there along with them.

They say 15 million people have bought ESO over the years including the 1.5 million who bought Greymoor. How many of those are still playing is just a guess since nobody releases those numbers anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd assume WoW still has way more concurent players, because of tokens. You have so many people multiboxing shit cause it's "free" since you generate money for the tokens from it, and meanwhile whales and stuff just pay for it.

Xerge

<Donor>
If anybody needs shit crafted for research just let me know.
Screenshot_20200726_160018.png

Screenshot_20200726_160026.png

Screenshot_20200726_160035.png

Screenshot_20200726_160029.png

Screenshot_20200726_160041.png

Screenshot_20200726_160042.png

Fucking people lol

Screenshot_20200726_170643.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Xerge Xerge Do you have a character with Vampire traits you can share soon?
Nevermind - so many people offered a moment after I asked where the shrine was.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
Funny you asked that, I just cured my main due to vamp. not being meta for stamdps/tanks.

Monthly login rewards for Aug. Two cosmetics and 100k gold both of which are not at the end of the month this time, and lots of tri pots. Good month to log in daily and get some shit.

w75mwjym7ae51.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
ESO is one of the more popular MMO's. Hard to say who has the most concurrent player numbers now, FFXIV, ESO or WoW. Probabably FFXIV at this point since WoW has seen a huge decline over the years. But ESO is up there along with them.

They say 15 million people have bought ESO over the years including the 1.5 million who bought Greymoor. How many of those are still playing is just a guess since nobody releases those numbers anymore.

Somehow I keep hearing about ESO, people getting ESO, and people playing ESO (in completely unrelated casual non-MMO gaming communities). Every year.

So I wouldn't doubt this at all. Riding off the back of Skyrim's success maybe.

ESO does offer a solid solo questing experience for people that want that flavor of immersion-- I could see its appeal to Oblivion and Skyrim fans.

But does that really explain ESO's continuous success?

Xerge

<Donor>
ESO does offer a solid solo questing experience for people that want that flavor of immersion-- I could see its appeal to Oblivion and Skyrim fans.

it also offers

1. dungeon crawls with veteran mode difficulty, with last boss hard modes. While it doesn't have WoW's scaling mythic system there exists a compelling list of dungeon content. There's rewards for accomplishing all of this as well.
  2. Raiding content -- Obviously WoW/ff14 remain the raiding games however eso offers great content to a crew of people to work at.
  3. Above average overland content with world events/bosses happening depending on the dlc.
  4. solo questing content
  5. crafting system with depth
  6. housing system that doesn't suck(hi ff14)
  7. fashion end game
  8. Unique competitive buy/sell trade system
  9. collectible end game -- toys, skins, personalities, hats, outfits. w/e.
I'll be the first to shit all over eso's annoyances and flaws... but you really can't see why people play eso?? That's like asking why do people play FF14. ESO riding the back of Skyrim?

Lol

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it also offers

1. dungeon crawls with veteran mode difficulty, with last boss hard modes. While it doesn't have WoW's scaling mythic system there exists a compelling list of dungeon content. There's rewards for accomplishing all of this as well.
  2. Raiding content -- Obviously WoW/ff14 remain the raiding games however eso offers great content to a crew of people to work at.
  3. Above average overland content with world events/bosses happening depending on the dlc.
  4. solo questing content
  7. fashion end game
I'll be the first to shit all over eso's annoyances and flaws... but you really can't see why people play eso?? That's like asking why do people play FF14. ESO riding the back of Skyrim?

Lol

You gotta go back to launch + 1st year. Serious MMO enthusiasts never looked back. The resurgence seems all casual.

I can see how it's taken out of context in 2020. But within the context of 1st year, it's valid. Nobody gave this game a second chance that I know of in serious enthusiast circles. The constant churn seems to come from the peripheral MMO community and people who don't have any EQ experience or older MMO experience.

Riding the back of Skyrim indeed.

Xerge

<Donor>
an mmo enthusiast should have an eso beta account like myself, and can admit how shitty the game was for quite some time. At this point tho it's a meme in this thread

fohedgelord -- I don't understand why anyone plays this game>> ??
anyone else that plays -- it's actually fun, it's not warcraft, its not asian, and it works
fohedgelord -- yeah but when the game launched it sucked for awhile
everyone else -- oh

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it also offers

4. solo questing content
  7. fashion end game

Lol

Also has a decent RvR game. Matt Firor (DAOC) has a lot to do with that.
The questing and lore is better than most, with good voice acting, etc. Generally I skip through quest dialogue as fast as possible, but in ESO I actually pay attention, sometimes.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
an mmo enthusiast should have an eso beta account like myself, and can admit how shitty the game was for quite some time. At this point tho it's a meme in this thread

fohedgelord -- I don't understand why anyone plays this game>> ??
anyone else that plays -- it's actually fun, it's not warcraft, its not asian, and it works
fohedgelord -- yeah but when the game launched it sucked for awhile
everyone else -- oh

"It's not warcraft, or asian"?

First, If you like the WoW franchise but you don't play WoW because "It is WoW" and that somehow makes it unavailable to you, you are juvenile as fuck. Likewise if you are playing other MMOs because they AREN'T WoW for the very same reasons.

Second, this game basically took WoW and GW2, had them make a kid then abort it and then called it ESO. They have a ton of good ideas surrounded by bad mechanics and great lore. It is the quintessential "Theme park MMO" in every sense of the phrase.

Like what you like but at least have the emotional maturity to understand that your game is exactly like the games you dislike...but worse.

"It doesn't have an auction house!" -- It does, but they castrated it and hid most functionality behind joining a shitty guild you want nothing from but a "Auction Vendor" of sorts. Cool uselessness.

"It doesn't have fuckin group finder, that shit ruins games!" -- It does, last time I played there were bugs left from beta that still hampered the BASE FUNCTION of the dungeon finder too..

"It has engaging combat and meaningful PVP!" -- The system is straight homework ripped from GW2 but they didn't add siege vehicles, the last few updates to combat and classes made combat more stale, I didn't even think that was possible.

"They added raids!" -- They added WoW challenge mode.