The Elder Scrolls Online

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
This is wrong, you don't have to aim once you have your target.
I don't know what you mean by this. After aiming I no longer have to aim? I am aware. Or do you mean once you "target" the mob you don't have to aim?

I didn't click on my targets; I aimed and that locked on my target. It wasn't like wow however, where you click and just start firing. I actually had to pull my bow up and place my crosshairs over the target.

As far as I know, that is actually aiming.

As an example, you do not have to have anything on your crosshairs to start drawing your bow back. Like Skyrim, you can have your bow in the "ready" and then place crosshairs over a target and fire. It is forgiving in a way it needs to be in an MMO that I didn't have to be exact - any part of a body sufficed, and that was necessary considering how much stuff rushed at me. It does lock your target on after that, but it simply does auto what you could do manually in the TES titles.

It was also nice considering when they were in melee I didn't have to relock the target to use my nightblade or health drain abilities.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The only MMO that didnt hook me in the first hour but managed to do so later (4 months later on a second attempt to "get it") is EVE. For all others my opinion on the game was made within the first hour. And I only remember one were my initial opinion was way off (WAR - at first I thought it is great and I'd play it for months+, ended up quitting after a few weeks).

That said, preferences differ. For example GW2 was pretty much a 6 week wonder for most of you, maybe 3 months if you did alot of WvW. I took 2-3 breaks for 3-6 weeks but it has been my "main game" for the last year. So if they keep steering towards Skyrim in style and gameplay for the next 6 months and quietly drop the whole PvP thing they might catch that audience, or if they push towards DaoC they might get RvR people. Imo the former would be the smarter direction but that's just a hunch.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Do I really need to explain this to you? I argue about this stuff cause it's my hobby. I'm interested in it. From what I've seen, I'm going to be playing this game, so, of course, I want it to do well. If I can convince a few lurkers to listen to my point of view over yours and Utnayan's then I'm going to try. Clearly, you aren't interested in playing this game, and I don't think I'll convince you otherwise. Likewise someone who has decided after 30 minutes of playtime that it isn't their cup of tea. Let's face it, a lot of people who post in these forums really just aren't into MMO's anymore, or they're waiting for that magical game that will redefine the whole meaning of MMO. I agree, ESO is not that game. I think it will be fun as hell for quite a long time, though.
I have no issue with you liking the game or wanting it to do well. I have issue with you making up bullshit reasons to post in this thread just to bump it. I have issue with you 'pretending' to be the good guy then proceed to bait people into arguments to keep the thread relevant.

roger_sl

shitlord
It's a forum ffs, it's not like he's trying to shove a pill down your throat with latex glove talking like the medic of tf2 , and he's one of the few who actually talk about the game in a constructive way. Or else it would be you kissing asses, talking about your uo experience in 2005 and ut trying to demolish something he never tried and acting like he did with curt. Just put him on ignore if you don't like his posting.

DMK_sl

shitlord
It's a forum ffs, it's not like he's trying to shove a pill down your throat with latex glove talking like the medic of tf2 , and he's one of the few who actually talk about the game in a constructive way. Or else it would be you kissing asses, talking about your uo experience in 2005 and ut trying to demolish something he never tried and acting like he did with curt. Just put him on ignore if you don't like his posting.
Exactly it's a forum so I'm allowed to have an opinion on the way he posts. Just like a lot of people don't like the way I post. Thanks though for letting me know how stupid I am for not liking his posts then proceeding to tell me how stupid my posts are.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I never understood the entire ignoring shit on forums. If you put everyone which you disagree with on ignore, you will soon find you are arguing with yourself.
^^

Even idiots have valid points now and then. I prefer to scroll past a post if I can tell it's shit from the first sentence.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
From what i've played and seen of ESO, I think you'll have to be content with the story and what you can do as an individual and maybe a small group of friends. I think it will have the same fate and aftertaste as SWTOR. I think the console and Skyrim fans will get it and enjoy it for a period of time but I really didn't feel like I was playing a MMO. Maybe it was because I was testing/playing FFXIV at the time but that's my two cents. I'm not saying its a bad game or there isn't fun to be had in the game but I do think it is lacking a more MMO feel. Might be a bit too early to pass any judgement.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
The RVR will make or break the game for me, of nothing else a stop gap game between mmorpgs. After beta testing FFXIV and ESOL I was surprised I enjoyed more so the combat mechanics of the latter.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
I am really enjoying FFXIV, but combat mechanics are not their strong suit. RvR seems like a questionable thing to look forward to in a game series that has historically been awful at combat and while better in TESO is certainly not stellar. It is also hard to imagine them making reward and penalty structures like Eve to make RvR actually relevant. In Eve you can take people's space and destroy everything not hidden away in a space station (for wormholes orgs, basically everything).

From my impressions of playing, it seemed like a fun game that stays close to their singleplayer roots but will generate a lot more $$ while people play their mostly singleplayer game. That seems like a fine and intelligent approach and I'll be forking over more $$ over the course of playing the game than I did for Skyrim which I also very much enjoyed.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
I never understood the entire ignoring shit on forums. If you put everyone which you disagree with on ignore, you will soon find you are arguing with yourself.
The only person I ever put on ignore was that fucker that keep signing his posts with with his user name. No matter how hard I tried I would always read the name at the end of the post. He could have been Beethoven with words, but if you knew at the end of every random length song there was going to be an abrupt goat scream then you'll probably give up listening to it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
From my impressions of playing, it seemed like a fun game that stays close to their singleplayer roots but will generate a lot more $$ while people play their mostly singleplayer game. That seems like a fine and intelligent approach and I'll be forking over more $$ over the course of playing the game than I did for Skyrim which I also very much enjoyed.
Or you could also go back to Skyrim and download the plethora of awesome mods out there which streams, basically, unlimited types of content. And that game will do it better.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or you could also go back to Skyrim and download the plethora of awesome mods out there which streams, basically, unlimited types of content. And that game will do it better.
Go back to Skyrim ? Beware my friend, one might call you a Bethesda shill.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Bondurant_sl said:
Go back to Skyrim ? Beware my friend, one might call you a Bethesda shill.
New forum thread, "You're a Fucking Shill." Folks can argue over who is lining who's pockets. Widely regarded as the worst thread ever, but dramatically reduces the page count of other threads.

Back on topic. Before I mentioned I was cautiously optimistic for this title. The more that I see of it, my optimism fades. This has the makings of SWOTOR written all over it. I'd like to be proven wrong. No beta keys have been tossed my way, so I'll play the waiting game until then. I'm digging the feedback/criticism from others though, so thanks brohiems.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New forum thread, "You're a Fucking Shill." Folks can argue over who is lining who's pockets. Widely regarded as the worst thread ever, but dramatically reduces the page count of other threads.

Back on topic. Before I mentioned I was cautiously optimistic for this title. The more that I see of it, my optimism fades. This has the makings of SWOTOR written all over it. I'd like to be proven wrong. No beta keys have been tossed my way, so I'll play the waiting game until then. I'm digging the feedback/criticism from others though, so thanks brohiems.
Mmmmmmm Bacon

Daedricdigger_sl

shitlord
The thing that made Elder Scrolls standout from the other RPGs was the fact that is was so sandboxy. I am afraid that many of the cool things that I enjoyed about Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim will be missing because the game has been made into an MMO. I think part of it comes down to being the only badass in the pond. Also, when I break into someone's house I want to know that it wasn't already looted by someone else.

I am not getting my hopes up. I believe strongly that the good things about Elder scrolls will be watered down too much because these games never ship with the proper features first advertised.

Blackwulf

N00b
Definitely valid concerns. There will be compromises for sure. For me, the online elements should outweigh the loss of some immersion. I hope.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing that made Elder Scrolls standout from the other RPGs was the fact that is was so sandboxy. I am afraid that many of the cool things that I enjoyed about Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim will be missing because the game has been made into an MMO. I think part of it comes down to being the only badass in the pond. Also, when I break into someone's house I want to know that it wasn't already looted by someone else.

I am not getting my hopes up. I believe strongly that the good things about Elder scrolls will be watered down too much because these games never ship with the proper features first advertised.
Well, leveling zones will be like Skyrim except there will be tons of people wandering around, killingyourmobs, lootingyourchests and phasingyourquests. Fun, right ? Also you won't be able to kill them since there is no PvP outside their instanced RvR map, Cyrodiil.

Loco_sl

shitlord
The only person I ever put on ignore was that fucker that keep signing his posts with with his user name. No matter how hard I tried I would always read the name at the end of the post. He could have been Beethoven with words, but if you knew at the end of every random length song there was going to be an abrupt goat scream then you'll probably give up listening to it.
I remember him heh. I did the exact same thing...

Danth