The Elder Scrolls Online

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The graphics dont matter argument is touted way more then its actually true. End of the day they do matter, even if some here are an exception to that statement.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
68TFmxG.jpg

Too much brown. The similarities to Vanguard is getting overwhelming.

ZING!

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought the character models were the one thing that wasn't all that bad. Of course, shit kind of goes downhill after character creation.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The character models were fine, if anything they are better than Skyrim, since the people who make meshes for Bethesda apparently never learned how to properly model human shoulders and Zenimax made their own body meshes. Hell, I'd even say the graphics themselves were on par with Skyrim for the most part too. It's pretty obvious that Bethesda shipped over Skyrim's assets for Zenimax to use in the MMO. (That's unmodded Skyrim I'm referring to, of course.)

JordanJax_sl

shitlord
I didn't say I don't have development experience. I said I don't work in the industry.

And that's "UtHAYAN" for the Hindi reference you illiterate Canucks fan. To settle the mystery, I got the name from a random name generator in EQ when I was making a Dark elf Necromancer in 1999. Before that I was known as "The guy that Canadians fear due to an ability to process numbers in written form"
Did that DE Necro play on Bristlebane?

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
"I could not distinguish players from NPCs."

Well at least some of the stuff is on their radar. Can't tell you how many times I just ran up to players and swung.

Honestly going through the entire thing, the survey felt surprisingly aware considering how bad the game was.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I mean that's great I guess...butApril...I mean, fuck. At 5 months you should probably be polishing your game before release and maybe doing open beta stressing, not having closed beta periods and being NDA Nazis while your game has serious flaws and testers can't even log in.

If they can turn it around I'll eat my proverbial hat, but 5 months...they simply sound like they're screwed.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I mean that's great I guess...butApril...I mean, fuck. At 5 months you should probably be polishing your game before release and maybe doing open beta stressing, not having closed beta periods and being NDA Nazis while your game has serious flaws and testers can't even log in.

If they can turn it around I'll eat my proverbial hat, but 5 months...they simply sound like they're screwed.
For sure. Especially when multiple starting areas were crippled by quest chain-breaking bugs. A very small percentage of people even made it to 10 to do the pvp test (which I heard was both hard to get into and just a massive zerg- not nearly as fun as the initial wave claimed- maybe it was better at first when it wasn't near capacity). Imagine what it'll be a week or two in when it's the only "content" people are going to bother with. And if the "seven pass" starting areas are this broken, how bad of shape must the rest of the game be in?

The survey just felt so out of place. For a game that is clearly not adapting to tester feedback (saw pretty much exactly the same problems as were described months ago), it was probably the best post-test survey I had seen. Maybe they have a competent polling division, and the management just ignores/dismisses the results as a "vocal minority." My favorite excuse on the beta forums was "it's trying to be different from other MMOs." I'm not sure "doing everything just like other MMOs, but far worse" is the best strategy.

spronk

FPS noob
my internal confidential founder-level sources say the surveys were written by Lars Ulrich and Randy Savage, who as we all know are failed pollsters who just go from one company to another rehashing the same polls and doing atomic drops on anyone who disagrees with their polls. The entire polling industry is incestous and just keep hiring the same people, and will not move forward until they are all fired and replaced by new, hungry pollsters like MVP.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Awaiting Utnayan's opinion on the survey
It was hilarious.

How often do you buy collectors edition? How likely are you to buy? Do you like MMORPG's or Elder Scrolls better?

Can you distinguish between NPCs and players? (Holy shit they actually have to ask this... and no, you can't 9 times out of 10)

Worst... game... ever. Along with the most incompetent leadership in on the planet.

Menion_sl

shitlord
"I could not distinguish players from NPCs."

Well at least some of the stuff is on their radar. Can't tell you how many times I just ran up to players and swung.

Honestly going through the entire thing, the survey felt surprisingly aware considering how bad the game was.
Don't get excited that they will actually make any changes to their game based on player feedback. The no nameplates thing (Lack of ability to distinguish between players and NPCs) has been a major gripe every test since they turned them off and they have ignored their testers to this point.