The Elder Scrolls Online

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Anyone else having issues creating a character? I don't know if their servers are full or if this is some bug, but the game doesn't respond when I hit the "Create" button. If I spam it rapidly it crashes to an "error 318: You hit a message rate limit". If they didn't want me to hit that button so many times in a row, the game should actually create a character the first time I press it...
This happened to me in the last beta, but when I logged back in my character was at character select. Apparently there's a really long delay when creating a character.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game will die so hard when people will figure they'll have to pay a subscription to play Cyrodiil's endgame content herpderp RvR / AvA like GW2 where you spend hours killing doors and walls and when PvP happens it's zerg Vs zerg and everyone lag and crash and spam their delayed abilities like mad cunts.

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's hard to believe it has been 3 years since Rift and TOR already. I didn't realize they both released in the same year, either. One of them was a 250 million dollar MMO based on well established IP, the other was a brand new IP and a much lower budget (60 million?)

Now we have one major IP, 300 million dollar MMO, and one new IP, significantly lower budget (presumably) MMO coming out in the same year again.

Oh, and they're both going to crash and burn. History is repeating itself. At least I've learned, I'm not even in for the price of the box this time

I think theyre trying to recreate WoWs success but that model is done and done, weve all played it repeatedly in warhammer, rift, etc... The next devs to get this and make a great sandbox is going to be rolling around in money. I think though thats what we need, that the big companies trying to milk the genre crash and burn heavily and lose a shit ton of money, so they leave it alone. Then we can have maybe some garage devs doing a kickstarter who will just mop the floor with all those games.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I think theyre trying to recreate WoWs success but that model is done and done, weve all played it repeatedly in warhammer, rift, etc... The next devs to get this and make a great sandbox is going to be rolling around in money. I think though thats what we need, that the big companies trying to milk the genre crash and burn heavily and lose a shit ton of money, so they leave it alone. Then we can have maybe some garage devs doing a kickstarter who will just mop the floor with all those games.
Let's hope. I don't want Blizzard, EA, SOE, or any other major publisher near this industry ever again.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
$300m now ? In 3 pages Elder Scrolls Online will become a $1b MMO with cutscenes directed by Christopher Nolan and written by Josh Whedon.
It will still be shit

TOR had great cutscenes and character storylines. Look how that ended up.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They raised 300m in capital to start Zenimax Online, to develop TESO

ZeniMax Media Inc.
Holy shit , even if its 2/3 or even half that , 150-200 million spent on this piece of shit ? That's getting to dangerous levels of making mmo's seem not profitable any more. Hopefully it will be seen that making terrible mmo's is bad for the bottom line and might actually fix the industry somewhat.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Not in the beta and have no intention of buying this.

Reading the comments here about the game seems greatly more entertaining than playing the game itself
This. This thread is awesome.
biggrin.png

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So are they going to be the first mmo in a long while that doesn't have an early start for preorders ? I might just be missing it but haven't seen that mentioned.

Amazon preorders for mmo's have basically been a 100% free way to try out the launch version of a game with no risk (cancel all the way up to night of shipping/launch) , and I see that isn't a currently listed perk for this one.

spronk

FPS noob
elder scrolls game
help a village kill off the bandits raiding their farms
what? you aren't going to build a statue and house in my honor and supply me with 5 comely young virgins to repopulate the town? sorry, time to murder you all but make it look like you killed each other.
can't murder friendly NPCs
uninstall

did anyone run fungal grotto, the level 11 dungeon?

Dunhill

N00b
After playing for a few hours and from my perspective of a lvl 10 nord sorc I don't really see why people are hating on this game so much. It's a standard MMO made for people who like to run solo from one quest hub to the next, just like 100% of the other games out there. Scenery is more intresting than most games. Combat seems ok, but unresponsive at times. Rift was a bad wow copy. GW2 had the shittiest, most annoying combat system ever. Why does TES stand out so much? I don't see it.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
The investor class action suit for this colon fudge game , should be comedy fucking gold .

Little name change would be in order about now . The Ponzi Scrolls Online

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
After playing for a few hours and from my perspective of a lvl 10 nord sorc I don't really see why people are hating on this game so much. It's a standard MMO made for people who like to run solo from one quest hub to the next, just like 100% of the other games out there. Scenery is more intresting than most games. Combat seems ok, but unresponsive at times. Rift was a bad wow copy. GW2 had the shittiest, most annoying combat system ever. Why does TES stand out so much? I don't see it.
Have you ever played an Elder Scrolls game? It's nothing like the games it originated from. TES series has always been about open and free exploration. This is the biggest waste of an IP that I can think of.

Why would you take a popular and beloved game series and dump everything out that made it popular, only to replace it with generic MMO features that are tired and have been done to death at least 20 times? Even worse, everyone before you implemented the tired MMO features better and more stable.