The Elder Scrolls Online

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought this was cool, but as a healer/caster I pretty much have to use light armor, since it has all the magicka bonuses and stats.
Just reach Magicka soft caps and then stick to heavy.

SFFgv5l.jpg

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Each armor has it's own strengths and weaknesses, though... Still missing your point.. Mine was simply you can be a tank mage by speccing into heavy.. I can also go more pure mage with light armor, and the armor actually gives different advantages when specced into...

Magicka/Sta/health caps are segregate so again not following your point here...

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So far im only past the opening part and my initial impression is graphics are ok, combat is blegh, fun is lacking and the dialog is atrocious. Didnt really have much drive to play more though i guess i'll give it another try just to give it a fair shake.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Each armor has it's own strengths and weaknesses, though... Still missing your point.. Mine was simply you can be a tank mage by speccing into heavy.. I can also go more pure mage with light armor, and the armor actually gives different advantages when specced into...

Magicka/Sta/health caps are segregate so again not following your point here...
If stats are softcapped class system can't really be open ended since you can't really specialize, you reach a cap and then get the 2nd best stat. It's terrible design wise, it forces people into clone-like builds.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Quest Helper really hurts this game. Following the arrow to the next waypoint makes questing mindnumbingly boring. The best quest I have done is the treasure riddle thing on the first dc island, because you had to solve it without the quest helper. However, if you just follow the arrows then you would never even find that quest. There are quite a lot of little sidequests hidden around, but you never find them if you just keep following the damn quest helper.

Grinding is not really an option as you don't get much xp per kill, and to be honest I have not yet seen a good grinding zone that is not also used for quests.

I did the first dungeon. It was interesting in that as the tank it was a completely different tanking experience from any other mmo that I have played. Blocking is mandatory, but you have to time it right or you lose aggro. Some of the packs are really big. For example, the first boss had 11 adds. These are not adds that die in one hit either, so it is actually really difficult to tank it (keep aggro with such limited resources and block all the big attacks).

Overall I actually think it might be a good game. The problem is that I wont know for sure until I see the level 50 content and pvp. I cannot see that until the game releases and I bore myself stupid by following the questhelper for however many days it takes.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's sub is the least of its problems. Especially when the majority of people who play a f2p game they spend way more the $240 the first year and $180 the years after. I do agree about the console part though because there hasn't been a precedent set yet and who knows how that's going to go over.
I think the sub is a huge part of the negative reactions to it, though. It immediately puts it into a different category for evaluation. In regards to the complaints about the "same old thing", which in large measure it is, I think is difficult for everyone, both devs and players, to let go. The "quests on rails" nature does get better once you leave the 2nd zone, although it still is the main vehicle by which the game drags you along.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Quest Helper really hurts this game. Following the arrow to the next waypoint makes questing mindnumbingly boring. The best quest I have done is the treasure riddle thing on the first dc island, because you had to solve it without the quest helper. However, if you just follow the arrows then you would never even find that quest. There are quite a lot of little sidequests hidden around, but you never find them if you just keep following the damn quest helper.

That's because this is for the skyrim generation where you follow a marker everywhere

Re-installed just to see if anything had changed since the last go around. Beyond a really steady frame rate with max settings which I will tip my hat to, this game is still no where ready for April. I honestly can't even make it out of the starter island. Nothing about this interests me. Not to mention that the lack of any nameplate makes it fucking impossible to tell who is who without having to put your target cursor on every single player.

ESO will be the first game to break the streak of trying every MMO under the sun for at least the first 30 days.

Quick question.. what do they mean with the pre-order bonus 'play any race in any Alliance'? Won't the folks that buy the game after the release be able to do that?

Oh andGreen Man Gamingis offering 25% off on this with the cupon YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR, regular edition drops to 45 bucks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
iirc are not certain races restricted to certain factions? I wanted to be a dark elf and it was only available under that last faction(Was the dragon head I think).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Re-installed just to see if anything had changed since the last go around. Beyond a really steady frame rate with max settings which I will tip my hat to, this game is still no where ready for April. I honestly can't even make it out of the starter island. Nothing about this interests me. Not to mention that the lack of any nameplate makes it fucking impossible to tell who is who without having to put your target cursor on every single player.

ESO will be the first game to break the streak of trying every MMO under the sun for at least the first 30 days.
Its funny because from what I hear this is the 3rd beta weekend with only starter zones. So either they are keeping the other content a secret with internal testing, or none of that shit is done yet.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Yeah I did one of those dark anchors , it was crap. Killed maybe 10-15 mobs, that spawned 1 or 2 at a time,mobs you saw in the tutorial(astrochs) and then it was over(no boss, no loot, no exp, nothing). One person could of solo'd it.

Went to about 3 or 4 of the Skull and crossbones and nothing was ever there.
I assume the skull and crossbones are on a respawn timer.

Sounds like the dark anchor you did was bugged since you didn't get the boss.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Its funny because from what I hear this is the 3rd beta weekend with only starter zones. So either they are keeping the other content a secret with internal testing, or none of that shit is done yet.
Which is still under NDA.

My guess is that the weekend beta test you guys are doing is nothing but a stress/load test and based on all the problems a lot of you had with loading times, disconnects etc that will be the main focus of the devs over the next two months.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Quick question.. what do they mean with the pre-order bonus 'play any race in any Alliance'? Won't the folks that buy the game after the release be able to do that?

Oh andGreen Man Gamingis offering 25% off on this with the cupon YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR, regular edition drops to 45 bucks.
There's 3 races for each faction, I think it was 3 anyway.

If you have the collectors edition you can play any race in any faction and play Imperial (which you cant do without the collectors edition)

yeah it's as dumb as it sounds

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

My understanding is that if you don't preorder, you are limited to the three races for each faction. I believe post-release you can upgrade to the Imperial edition and unlock all races for each faction.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm wary of people who just joined and only post in one thread , and the entire time giving excuses, reasons, answers to anyone with a negative thought.

Preorders can play any race in any faction.
Thank you captain obvious, he was was asking why that that was a "pre-order bonus" and I was telling him.

On a side note with Nav's edit, might be worth it for 45 bucks, will have to think on it, I am a pretty big sucker when it comes to playing every MMO and have only really skipped one(ffxiv ) cause it sucked balls when I tested it in beta.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I really wish Zenimax would have followed the level of communication that SOE has done so far with Landmark because there is definitely more there than the starter zones.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
There's 3 races for each faction, I think it was 3 anyway.

If you have the collectors edition you can play any race in any faction and play Imperial (which you cant do without the collectors edition)
All pre-orders (regardless of which version of the game it is) come with the explorer's pack which allows you to play any race on any faction which means if you plan to play you should pick up the pre-order. Yeah, it's still as dumb as it sounds though.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I really wish Zenimax would have followed the level of communication that SOE has done so far with Landmark because there is definitely more there than the starter zones.
Apples and oranges. Sony is milking people for alpha money currently for Landmark. Zenimax online is trying to keep the wraps for their game on for the majority of their playerbase, and as was mentioned this weekend appears to just be to stuff as many people as possible on a server to test things out.

Disconnect and lag today are much improved. The bugs and glitches are still there. Overall my experiences this weekend are a thousand times better than my brief play last year.