The Elder Scrolls Online

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks. That is kind of... difficult to understand, but if I'm reading it right it looks like they are attempting to limit cash shop purchases to "fun" items and character services. I'm skeptical on what "fun items" means, but it's good to know that they are trying to avoid "pay to win."
They're off to a bad start by putting the Imperial race behind a paywall to start the game.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Can't login to my account to download client. Says its the wrong password... it isn't...

edit: weird, nvm. It just worked like the 8th time I tried.

Vitality

HUSTLE
They're off to a bad start by putting the Imperial race behind a paywall to start the game.
Imperial race is in my opinion the least powerful in regards to passives, due to softcaps.

Epeen on the other hand could make up for it's inherrent lack of power.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Imperial race is in my opinion the least powerful in regards to passives, due to softcaps.

Epeen on the other hand could make up for it's inherrent lack of power.
Considering how much negative feedback closed beta testers have given, IMO redesigning how soft caps work will eventually make its way into the game.

I would take that into account when deciding on whether to play an Imperial or not.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Considering how much negative feedback closed beta testers have given, IMO redesigning how soft caps work will eventually make its way into the game.

I would take that into account when deciding on whether to play an Imperial or not.
I wouldn't worry about the redesign. What are the chances you'll be playing this game still when they finally get around to it? If it hasn't changed in the next month then it's essentially there for life as far as you're concerned.

Still the furry race crit damage is OP. I'm going to assume +crit damage is less available?

Vitality

HUSTLE

I would NOT advise making fundamental decisions like this attempting to speculate design concepts that may or may not happen with a resource starved development team.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't worry about the redesign. What are the chances you'll be playing this game still when they finally get around to it? If it hasn't changed in the next month then it's essentially there for life as far as you're concerned.
These are the Mythic guys. You didn't play early DAOC, did you?

Beta is up. Evidently my characters weren't wiped, either. Interesting.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Are there any good writeups on stats/softcaps?
Not much you need to know except for one thing. As currently (poorly) designed, the soft cap for all stats is so low that you won't have much trouble reaching the cap for all stats once you get all your gear enchanted, have bought all of your passive skills, and use food/drink buffs.

In other words, without having to put any thought into it and without having to make a hard choice between Option A or Option B, you can easily achieve maximum efficiency for your charaxter. So will everyone else.

That is why IMO it's a no brainer that them system will be redesigned, it's just a matter of when.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I hate softcaps on everything but crit/resist/dodge/mitigation/parry/riposte/etc.
Yeah, pretty shitty that they softcap Health/Armor Magicka/Magicka Regen Stamina/Stamina regen.. but don't softcap crit values lol.

I just hope to god no one is smart enough to snipe from stealth with stealth bonuses and surge running stacking crit modifiers on their gear. Say goodnight to over half your health in one hit.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I just hope to god no one is smart enough to snipe from stealth with stealth bonuses and surge running stacking crit modifiers on their gear. Say goodnight to over half your health in one hit.
Well there is a reason pretty much ALL of the closed beta testers who are veteran rank 10 have their Bow skill maxed out. It's generally recognized that Bow + Sneak attack is way OP but every time it's brought up on the forums, the hardcore TES fans always justify it by saying that is always how bows have worked in Skyrim and Oblivion.