The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Rescoria, were you in WWTD? Or Curts guild after that?
It was during Burning Crusade timeframe. We were originally in Alea Iacta Est (casual megaguild) then a bunch of us broke off to form a raid guild called Unsummoned. He was the main tank for my Karazhan group. Most fun I've ever had in any MMO.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
How does guesting work ? Like, if my assigned campaign turns to shit and I want to play in another campaign, is there a fee or something ?
Hard to say since in closed beta there has only been one campaign going on at a time so no one has been able to Guest to a different campaign. Here is what I have been told will happen. You can Guest to another campaign but all you will be able to acquire is Alliance Points. You won't gain any points on the Guest leaderboard or your Home campaign leaderboard. You also can not claim a keep. Someone in guild told me there a penalty to Alliance Point accumulation as well but I don't know if that is accurate or not. You can officially change your Home campaign to a different Home campaign but that is supposed to be very expensive.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tuco - the people I know that are going to play this game with me are going to go where your guild goes. I dont PVP unless I really enjoy it, and maybe I will? So even if recruitment was open, I wouldnt want to apply till I know I like the game instead of joining and hating the game (ie. What I did with Guild Wars 2). Is your guild going to be pretty open about what Server you guys are going to pick so I dont have to reroll in order to be one of the lemmings?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Earn them? As in unlock the race itself(a mechanic I fucking despise)?

In a game with a box price + sub, there should be not be a entire RACE available in some "special edition", especially when there are actually racial bonuses that matter.

Unlocking it after some time in the game is even more retarded. Just put that shit in character creation and let people choose it right away(just make it available for all 3 factions), instead of having to re-roll to get their "new" race.
/\/\ Yeah you can unlock them in game.
Utnayan is screwing with the truth again. You can't unlock the Imperial race in the game. Only way you can get access to them is to buy the Imperial edition of the game.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Tuco - the people I know that are going to play this game with me are going to go where your guild goes. I dont PVP unless I really enjoy it, and maybe I will? So even if recruitment was open, I wouldnt want to apply till I know I like the game instead of joining and hating the game (ie. What I did with Guild Wars 2). Is your guild going to be pretty open about what Server you guys are going to pick so I dont have to reroll in order to be one of the lemmings?
There is only one megaserver so all you will need to know is which of the three factions PRX chose.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hard to say since in closed beta there has only been one campaign going on at a time so no one has been able to Guest to a different campaign. Here is what I have been told will happen. You can Guest to another campaign but all you will be able to acquire is Alliance Points. You won't gain any points on the Guest leaderboard or your Home campaign leaderboard. You also can not claim a keep. Someone in guild told me there a penalty to Alliance Point accumulation as well but I don't know if that is accurate or not. You can officially change your Home campaign to a different Home campaign but that is supposed to be very expensive.
Thanks for the answer.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Can I play enitrely PvP from start to max?

Can I build a CC/Heal Based class/skill/whatever combo? Stuns/Knockbacks/etc as CC, Snares can suck a dick.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Utnayan is screwing with the truth again. You can't unlock the Imperial race in the game. Only way you can get access to them is to buy the Imperial edition of the game.
Well good to know zenimax is retarded, last thing you do for a game with a sub + box price and racials.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's going to work identically to how it works in SWTOR with the VIP Cantina access given to collectors editions. Where the VIP lounge was to be accessible to collectors editions only. Which then turned out you could pay in game credits to upgrade to the VIP access lounge but not buy the green Khem Val. The green Khem Val was also available through questing. There was also a question to a CSR representative who stated this:

Agent: Greetings!

You: Hello, I just want to know if I don't get that particular pre-order, if I will never be able to play as an Imperial

Agent: Correct the only way to be an Imperial is to purchase one the Imperial Edition.

You: Forever?

Agent: Not forever.
This leads to a few things:

Available as a DLC Cash shop purchase after the game goes free to play.
An upgrade will be available.
You can get it in game through other gameplay means down the road
A combination.

As wehave seen with other games, exclusives like this, especially if it is just a race, will be available to everyone at some point or another without having to fork over for an imperial edition.

Whether or not they will still pay the same price, remains to be seen. I was told it will be available to find in the game through playing at some point.

Another case in point would be the Deathstroke (Out of many I just chose this one) with Batman Arkham Origins. What was an "Exclusive" pre-order bonus yet later you could still purchase it separately anyway for $5.99 if you never preordered. Incentives are still monotonized after the fact. That's just the business aspect talking here, and is fairly cyclical with almost every title I have seen offering exclusive content after the product life cycle dies off in the growth stage. Either way, people shouldn't be worried about an imperial race having an advantage. All races have their own counters.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Could it be possible they offer upgrade packs like other games have over the years. Example: Rift with their upgrade for X mounts and bags..etc.
Having Imperial upgrade if it becomes something ppl want or want to collect I can see going in that form. The bitching could be satisfied if ppl have the feeling you can get it later. I didnt read the fine print but the preorder gives you early play, I figured the race, all faction, mount and pets were part of the game pack and not part of the preordering feature. So just buying Imperial box after release I would assume gives you all the stuff.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Could it be possible they offer upgrade packs like other games have over the years. Example: Rift with their upgrade for X mounts and bags..etc.
Having Imperial upgrade if it becomes something ppl want or want to collect I can see going in that form. The bitching could be satisfied if ppl have the feeling you can get it later. I didnt read the fine print but the preorder gives you early play, I figured the race, all faction, mount and pets were part of the game pack and not part of the preordering feature. So just buying Imperial box after release I would assume gives you all the stuff.
That too. There will be a $19.99 upgrade immediately available. Again, from a business perspective, we may dislike it, but if they can make money off it down the road, it isn't like they won't sell it somehow or have a sale.

That too. There will be a $19.99 upgrade immediately available. Again, from a business perspective, we may dislike it, but if they can make money off it down the road, it isn't like they won't sell it somehow or have a sale.
No one really expects any game to stay subscription any more. The real reason the Imperial edition sells so well is because it allows you to make whatever race character you want to play in any alliance starting on day one. At least that is why I got it.

I have a question for you Ut.. are you going to buy it and if so what edition?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
No one really expects any game to stay subscription any more. The real reason the Imperial edition sells so well is because it allows you to make whatever race character you want to play in any alliance starting on day one. At least that is why I got it.

I believe Standard will give you that also. You dont need to get Imperial unless you want the extra Pet and Race. Not sure on the mount? Too lazy to look it up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Uh iirc just pre-ordering any of the editions gives the any race on any faction, not just the imperial one.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Side note to say that I really like this new less-ranty more-constructive Utnayan.

I'm taking the time to redownload and install this 30gb piece of shit this weekend. Lets see if it can hold my attention for even an hour this time before I hate it (going bow again) and go back to D3 for some chest farming (with Abe heh).

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If anyone thought Imperials would be locked forever to the edition they purchased they were crazy. I'm not sure how anyone ever thought that was an actual thing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Side note to say that I really like this new less-ranty more-constructive Utnayan.

I'm taking the time to redownload and install this 30gb piece of shit this weekend. Lets see if it can hold my attention for even an hour this time before I hate it (going bow again) and go back to D3 for some chest farming (with Abe heh).
You guys should add me in D3. Awesome game now that Blizzard finally made it fun again and had loot actually drop. I was PL'd to 60 last night in 45 mins.
smile.png
So now I am going through the game on Expert mode to learn Witch Doctor. Bear Zombies never get old. (Sorry for the derail)

signati_sl

shitlord
I appologize, you were making it sound like you're actively going to seek out the most worthless stat in the game.

I'll do my best to understand decisions like this in the future.

I sincerely hope in Cyrodil I go up against Skill-Xp traited people, so my +enchantments traits eat them for lunch haha.

PS: EQ took months to get max level. ESO takes a few days.
The training trait is supposed to be a temporary thing, which isn't hard to seek out with crafting skills if you PvP. You'll tear up those using it today, but tomorrow they'll have moved on to different gear and the skill level difference means that they get revenge. But that's part of another point on playstyle.

You *can* rush leveling in ESO if you really want to. I'd recommend just running with a PvP zerg and repeating the bounty board quests, so you compound xp for lots of kills (you+group) with taking and defending real estate and turning in quests. I flew from 19 to 23 in two hours doing that and didn't even rush it (bio breaks, etc). The problem is, the more you rush, the more you miss. If you go pure PvP, no problem. But you're really cutting yourself out of a lot of the game by doing that. More relevant to the above, those who take their time will be stronger by the time they catch up to you as well because they'll have better developed skills, more trial and error in testing their build, and very likely better equipment.

That's my worry about Tuco's PvP only approach. But with a good guild behind him, he'll be fine so long as somebody crafts well and somebody farms PvE. Skills can always catch up and nothing beats good troops.

Pure PvP'ers have more gold than slow-level people do, though. And probably more AP too.

----

Last I heard, it takes 1,000 AP to change your home campaign. I was pulling roughly 14k an hour at the end of last beta. So, "expensive" is kind of relative. Go to your home campaign, be where the fight is, don't fight alone, and don't slack off on the board quests. That's all there is to it unless you die a lot. In that case, go home and rethink your life. Or build. Or something.