The Elder Scrolls Online

an accordion_sl

shitlord
So I finally got to play this... I don't know why people are hating on the game so much. It's better than Wildstar, SWTOR and whatever other shitty MMO's have come out recently. The world is actually amazing and really well built, it's a shame the combat is so fucking dull.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I finally got to play this... I don't know why people are hating on the game so much. It's better than Wildstar, SWTOR and whatever other shitty MMO's have come out recently. The world is actually amazing and really well built, it's a shame the combat is so fucking dull.
The 1-10 / 1-15 is awful. Gets so much better in pvp / advanced group PVE. I was an early hater myself :p

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's just dull, that's the thing. It's the most bland video game experience I can recall. I can't even hate it. Wildstar I can hate, it at least evokes some emotion. ESO I can't care about one way or the other, which I think is kind of more damning in a way

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco, can you ask some of your PRX brethren for a list of good addons out there? I'd like to get a list ready when I try to play tonight (assuming they work for this beta version).
All our guides are top secret, sorry.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Ugh. So apparently this 22gb download doesn't extract in place, and needs double the space to download then install. Or something. Let it download through the night, got back from work today and it says "not enough space". I uninstall a couple of older games, there's still the 22gb TESO folder, hit "install" again...and starts redownloading the entire thing again. GG.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dark Magic sorc is a lot of fun, so much CC and then get a frost staff, can't imagine what it will be like in pvp.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
My thoughts exactly, although I'm hopeful the group PVE will be better.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ugh. So apparently this 22gb download doesn't extract in place, and needs double the space to download then install. Or something. Let it download through the night, got back from work today and it says "not enough space". I uninstall a couple of older games, there's still the 22gb TESO folder, hit "install" again...and starts redownloading the entire thing again. GG.
Same thing happened to me. It doesn't require 22 gigs, it is much closer to 60 gigs. And if it fails the download due to not enough space it deletes what it has downloaded. This happens even if it manages to download all of the 22 gigs, but runs out of space while installing it. EDIT: As you said, it doesn't "delete" the previously downloaded files, you still have the archive, but I think the patcher downloads several archives and when they start to install, but fail, they also become invalid, forcing you to download it from scratch again. Almost similarly to the 90s. Installing something from a floppy disk, where if disk 30 of 60 gets corrupted, you need to start repacking from disk 1 again to get a new valid copy of disk 30. / End edit.

Once you have it installed, and it starts patching, it also downloads chunks in a few hundred mb each, but patches anywhere from 4-12 gigs every few hundred mb taking way longer than it should. (EQN Landmark for instance downloads and installs at the same time)

It is bar none the worst patcher I have seen in a mmo. Well, perhaps the WoW patcher the first 6 months to a year was worse as it didn't even work. But at least you could download those patches separately if the launcher was too slow.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It is bar none the worst patcher I have seen in a mmo. Well, perhaps the WoW patcher the first 6 months to a year was worse as it didn't even work. But at least you could download those patches separately if the launcher was too slow.
Yeah I remember it being general practice to use a generic torrent client to download the patches from the blizzard servers. I wish that caught on and was an option for every MMO. I hate having to download a 20+GB game/update with a client that doesn't allow me to throttle my up/down speeds.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Targetting is really borked though. From what I've seen in PVE its going to worse in PVP when I switch targets constantly.

Atm just soloing pve, if I start a spell at one target but see another coming that might be faster to kill(Caster) , if I move the aim to the 2nd mob the spell will fire at the first mob no matter what. The only way to cancel it it seems is cast something else or LoS. This is without using the tab lock on at all.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
How is the connectivity/performance of the mega server doing so far? Haven't seen anyone complain about disconnects or long loading screen times this go around.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Targetting is really borked though. From what I've seen in PVE its going to worse in PVP when I switch targets constantly.

Atm just soloing pve, if I start a spell at one target but see another coming that might be faster to kill(Caster) , if I move the aim to the 2nd mob the spell will fire at the first mob no matter what. The only way to cancel it it seems is cast something else or LoS. This is without using the tab lock on at all.
This is fixed on PTS but no clue when they'll roll it out to beta.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is the connectivity/performance of the mega server doing so far? Haven't seen anyone complain about disconnects or long loading screen times this go around.
Loading is sometimes long but not nearly as long as it was before. Now I may get a 30 second from time to time. I'll wait till primetime though to see if that holds.

A lot of quest are bugged though, all I ear about in zone and my main story line is bugged at level 8 because a mob wont spawn.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
A lot of quest are bugged though, all I ear about in zone and my main story line is bugged at level 8 because a mob wont spawn.
Log out to character select then log back in. Some quest NPCs can get bugged and won't respawn in the instance of the zone you are in. Sometimes when you log out then log back in, you are placed in a different instance of the zone and the quest NPC won't be bugged.

This workaround fixed almost all of the broken quests I have encountered in the game except for roughly 4-5 quests that were just outright broken.