The Elder Scrolls Online

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
How is the connectivity/performance of the mega server doing so far? Haven't seen anyone complain about disconnects or long loading screen times this go around.
Load screens are much better for me this round. Cyrodiil still suffering from 10 second ability lag most of the time

Drednots_sl

shitlord
Played the last beta weekend and just logged in for about 15 minutes and some Skyrim nostalgia set in, then logged out to play it. Yea I don't think I'll be buying it..

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fun part is trolling zone chat. You mention one thing you might want to see improvements on or fixed and you get 20 "don't play then" responses :p

Log out to character select then log back in. Some quest NPCs can get bugged and won't respawn in the instance of the zone you are in. Sometimes when you log out then log back in, you are placed in a different instance of the zone and the quest NPC won't be bugged.

This workaround fixed almost all of the broken quests I have encountered in the game except for roughly 4-5 quests that were just outright broken.
Nope, no go. Malanie still wont spawn.

I do love some of the little fluff things. If someone is in their iventory screen they have a animation of going through a sack to everyone around them, if in the journal it shows you reading a book etc.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Nope, no go. Malanie still wont spawn.
I just killed her, so she does spawn. She never spawned last beta for me though.

Oddly enough I am having more issues this time around. Loading times are indeed better, but now my biggest issue is that combat seems to break every other mob.

I fight, then suddenly when I try to draw my bow or use a skill, nothing happens. Thought it was lag at first, but it fixes itself if I go into a menu. So now I have to press inventory after every 1-2 fights.

Also my character changes sex sometimes, log out, go back in, and I am my normal character, then transform again. Might be a quest that does it? Started happening after I tried the Veiled queen quest, but I had to abandon it due to not being able to kill the mobs. So the game is certainly "harder" than most mmos in that +2-3 levels of a mob will really make the fight harder. At level 9 I had no chance of killing the first named mobs in that dungeon (level 11). Died a few times in the opening rooms, but since the npcs don't respawn, I could just zerg one at time. When two nameds came at once though (caster/melee), I had nowhere near the dps needed to kill even one of them. The targeting system makes it harder to cc as well. Accidentally broke my root more than once trying to keep the melee away from me while dealing with the caster.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How is the connectivity/performance of the mega server doing so far? Haven't seen anyone complain about disconnects or long loading screen times this go around.
I have no experienced any disconnects. I have started the game 3 times thus far today. On one of those occasions I have about a 2 minute loading screen. I had one UI error pop up on screen. That's the only error I got so far. The game is running really smooth for me.

Caliane

So I finally got to play this... I don't know why people are hating on the game so much. It's better than Wildstar, SWTOR and whatever other shitty MMO's have come out recently. The world is actually amazing and really well built, it's a shame the combat is so fucking dull.
feels right about on par with SWTOR to me.

all around, fairly mediocre. Better then the abortion I expected. but, not even CLOSE to sub fee worthy. not as good as GW2 either.

starter zone for daggerfall is funish. lots and lots of running. feel like its 1998 in a mmo here. run around doing nothing for 4 hours for starter quests. not even collecting bear asses. shit, takes 20m to run to the next quest.
crafting/enchants/etc seems intriguing to me. I would like to see how it plays out at higher teirs.

skyrim nostolgia is funny to me. its like, someone said, hey, whats makes skyrim skyrim? shittyui font? running around alot? collecting herbs, and mining? that fun noise on skill up? terrible first person combat? yeah. THATS skyrim, lets stick that in the game.
its like the most bizarre windowdressing, and poor aspects of skyrim, stuck in the game for... reasons?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Restarted a Bow Nightblade and finding the combat isn't too bad. For some reason the quests this time around are boring the hell out of me. I'm finding myself just running around killing stuff, or exploring.

GW2 has it's good points but the TESO class system and world are far more interesting than GW2 to me. Classes in GW2 just sucked complete ass, as did groups and most of the world and the jumping exploration which got old really quick, and was gimmicky crap.

I do agree this'll be hard to get a sub from me for long. Then again, I don't think WOW is worth a sub and pretty much stick to F2P stuff nowadays.

Telestin

Hey, did anyone loot any urns yet?
biggrin.png

Caliane

Restarted a Bow Nightblade and finding the combat isn't too bad. For some reason the quests this time around are boring the hell out of me. I'm finding myself just running around killing stuff, or exploring.

GW2 has it's good points but the TESO class system and world are far more interesting than GW2 to me. Classes in GW2 just sucked complete ass, as did groups and most of the world and the jumping exploration which got old really quick, and was gimmicky crap.

I do agree this'll be hard to get a sub from me for long. Then again, I don't think WOW is worth a sub and pretty much stick to F2P stuff nowadays.
Two basic things in this really made me really miss GW2. stuff Ill have a hard time with in any game since, if they don't do it.
1. phased crafting nodes. having to share with others in this. NOPE. "stealing chest" and crafting nodes from allies. hell no. Granted, fighting over nodes with opposites factions, I love. so, that should be in.
2. wait around after a quest to naturally flow into a chain. Turn in a quest in GW2. and the npc starts walking/talking. stick around and follow them. about 70% chance a new quest will spawn.

This game has the old formula. If a guy says "I'll run back to town". he means ill run 30ft and vanish. GW2, if a guy says that, either hell get ambushed on the way back to town. causing a quest were you defend him. and if you fail, start the chain over likely. or if you succeed, he gets to town, and a whole different quest is now starting.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Those are definitely valid complaints, Cal, but I'm hopeful the group content and Cyrodill stuff will be entertaining and make up for some of the congestion issues which are a pain. The thing I miss from GW2 is their small public quest style events, although I really want them more in the vein of Warhammer Onlines, which that game did great.

I really hate the lockpick chest wars I've been in during beta weekends, although it does have an EQ feel so one would think the Pantheon weenies would love it.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else having issues DLing game from patcher. I am on FIOS and have been getting 20-70kbps.... for about 3 hours. Tried restarting without effect. Sucks badly wanted to try this game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Twitch

Guessing that is from the closed beta. Currently streaming from a level 25 area.

I need to get to 15 to get a new weapon. Combat looks way more fun with the ability to change weapons.

EDIT: The speed of the patcher varies greatly. First time I downloaded, I started in the middle of the beta weekend. Got the same speeds as you. Never got to try that weekend due to the low disk place problem as well.

Second time I downloaded it, it was after the beta and it downloaded at 1-3mbs (3mbs being my max speed). So don't think the problem is on your end.

The Elder Scrolls Online (download torrent) - TPB

That is a torrent of the beta, might be faster for you now during the weekend.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Having a blast still targeting a mob with my reticule, drawing my arrow, firing in the air, and still hitting the mob.

At least the servers aren't as fucked as last time. Seems more like closed beta, so I will give it that Rescorla.

Combat is the same on both patches. So not sure what you are talking about there.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Having a blast still targeting a mob with my reticule, drawing my arrow, firing in the air, and still hitting the mob.

At least the servers aren't as fucked as last time. Seems more like closed beta, so I will give it that Rescorla.

Combat is the same on both patches. So not sure what you are talking about there.
Most of those fixes are not in this beta, as psykel says just up thread.

EDIT: Much better start than last week. Everything loads and runs well. Logged back in to find my Pact Nord at level 8 in Stonefalls. Let me tell you: Don't think the game is too easy; just run ahead of the content two or three levels. The challenge is certainly there.

Reesa, to whom I am attempting to deliver the Kwaama cap, still isn't there but no big; I am going swap around and try one of my other two characters, who had just finished the starter isles. I was thinking about trying to build out what I want my first character to be for retail but I want to wait for that until the last beta before headstart.

Double EDIT: Of course, while I was alt-tabbed typing that, she respawned. I am super-srsly smrt.

VVVVV You are right, Ut. I think though they may be saving that for the last beta weekend to make the best impression possible. If they are trying to deliver maximum fixes for best word of mouth, a March 15 beta weekend with all the shiny goodness they can muster to enhance word of mouth for the final sprint might be their strategy.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Most of those fixes are not in this beta, as psykel says just up thread.
They really should have pitched .80 with this beta weekend. Lots of players are going to be completely confused.

Stability is a lot better so far though. So I am going to give them that. PvE is still boring. They really just need to make an option to get out of the starting areas at any time and head right into Cyro.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah... can confirm... just tested it... still crazy.
It's fixed on closed. Confirmed.

Holy shit though I just cannot even bear to play this PvE anymore. It is so mind numbingly boring... I made it to about 75% of level three.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
How hardware intensive is ESO? SS look amazing. Thing is I am going away for business the next 11 days and will only have my laptop it's a gigantic pos. AMD neo l335 processor, 4gb (actually pretty fast ram), decent speed hard disk, and sadly a Radeon 3200.

Gaming on super low-end machines has been a tradition of mine for a while. Even if I have some nice desktops now. This laptop was able to raid on SWTOR, play EQ2 on second highest settings. Just hope it can run ESO!

Telestin

I just uninstalled it a few minutes ago. Yes, it's beta. Yes, it's free. But it's tedious as hell - and it's no fun at all.