The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
LOl, still fighting the good fight, I see Ut?
Well, some are having issues. I am glad Draegan didn't have an issue if he cancelled. Derpa you cancelled. Where did you buy it from originally?

mkopec, you should really just cancel it and wait it out. It will be frustrating for you. Our frustration with FF14 was 10% of what this will be.

You could use that money to buy games that.... work, or fun games for your kids.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Not sure what you are rolling your eyes about here in internet land. A lot of GMG folks are screwed right now, are trying to cancel, and can't.
That's bullshit. I just emailed them the other day and got the below response.

Your request (#xxxxxx) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Michael, Mar 20 11:14:
Hi Christopher,

You can find our refund policy here:GMG Refund Policy - Green Man Gaming

We are able to refund Elder Scrolls Online up until 48 hours before the head start period or after(I think he meant before here)we send out the Imperial/Standard edition keys.

As long as your order doesn't contravene the other rules then we're happy to accommodate refund requests wherever possible.

Kind Regards,
Michael

Green Man Gaming & Playfire
Customer Service

GMG & Playfire Community Blog -GMG Playfire Community Blog
Twitter -Green Man Gaming (GreenManGaming) on Twitter
Facebook -http://www.facebook.com/GreenManGaming
Google+ -Green Man Gaming - Google+

So, if you want to cancel then do so...but don't cry that you can't cancel without at least contacting the company first!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A lot of people are cancelling their purchase from GMG. No idea how much loss GMG from cancellations but I hope it's zero.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I decided to pass on this one.
Ok good
smile.png
We will see you in free to play.

Menion, glad you got your cancellation order through. Maybe there were so many requests for cancellations they knew they needed to fix it. This was 2 weeks ago. Not sure if any codes went out that could have been used and maybe those were the people having issues. I never pre-ordered obviously, so not sure if those were attachable to the accounts yet.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I guess I'll hope their phasing tech will be at least functionally working for release, and probably keep my preorder since I have a ton of free time in April, and I want to do the PVP and like the design and graphics.

I'm aiming low for 3 months of fun, but I'm highly skeptical whether this game will hold my attention that long.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I guess I'll hope their phasing tech will be at least functionally working for release, and probably keep my preorder since I have a ton of free time in April, and I want to do the PVP and like the design and graphics.

I'm aiming low for 3 months of fun, but I'm highly skeptical whether this game will hold my attention that long.
I haven't canceled yet. That was me asking when the last day I could cancel would be. I will make my decision by Wednesday of next week depending on what the guild is going to do.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At this point, why are you pre-ordering a game (this game or any other)?

Pre-orders made sense 15 years ago, when pre-orders told your retailer how much boxes he should think of ordering, and if you didn't ensure your box on massively popular titles, you might face weeks of waiting until the second production run came to your store.

Pre-orders started to have to include stuff like early access a couple years ago when it became evident that the vast majority of orders would be net-based, with digital delivery, zero possibility of being out of stock, and suddenly, retailers/distributors faced the end of free cash advances. But even with early access. If you think you're going to play for more than a month, your early access means nothing, really. And if you're not going to play for more than a month... why are you so anxious for early access?

No, I really don't understand.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Why does a dog eat from a garbage can every chance it gets?

I'm fuckin hungry man, I don't know any better, don't hate.

Atleast I know what I'm eating.

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
I haven't canceled yet. That was me asking when the last day I could cancel would be. I will make my decision by Wednesday of next week depending on what the guild is going to do.
Did you already enter your early access code into your ESO account?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ill buy a GMG preorder account for $20, let me know.
Hmm? If they were not allowing cancellations I could see this, but they are, so who would lose out on 45-65 bucks?

UT sounds like some propaganda minister now.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider

Pre-orders made sense 15 years ago, when pre-orders told your retailer how much boxes he should think of ordering, and if you didn't ensure your box on massively popular titles, you might face weeks of waiting until the second production run came to your store.

Pre-orders started to have to include stuff like early access a couple years ago when it became evident that the vast majority of orders would be net-based, with digital delivery, zero possibility of being out of stock, and suddenly, retailers/distributors faced the end of free cash advances. But even with early access. If you think you're going to play for more than a month, your early access means nothing, really. And if you're not going to play for more than a month... why are you so anxious for early access?

Maybe the bonus items?

Basically, I am going to play so it's worth it to play first. Getting to play first and whatever tchotchkies they throw at me are worth it. Not sure what there is to understand. It's not a lot of money and I do not want to wait.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm? If they were not allowing cancellations I could see this, but they are, so who would lose out on 45-65 bucks?

UT sounds like some propaganda minister now.
one of these mythical people who are having trouble getting a refund of course.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
one of these mythical people who are having trouble getting a refund of course.
Try as I may, I couldn't get GMG to offer me a refund. Their weak excuse is that I never even ordered the game. GMG, this is a SLAP IN THE FACE!!!11!1eleven

khalid

Unelected Mod
I guess I am sticking with my pre-order, but also praying shitloads of people cancel over the UI change so they revert it. I doubt I will play long at all if they don't. I certainly would have cancelled if I already didn't feel like I made a commitment to PRX.

Still can't fuckign believe the UI changes. I remember one of my first posts in this thread mocking someone who attacked the UI and pointing out that they allowed mods so who fucking cares. Jokes on me, fuck you Zenimax.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Did you already enter your early access code into your ESO account?
They haven't sent me those out yet. The only codes I have received from GMG was the 2 beta weekend codes. But I never used them since everyone I knew who wanted access already had it and I am in the PTS.