The Elder Scrolls Online

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why do MMO launches do this? Why can't they just give us everything we need so we can register it and get it over with. Instead you get a million plus people trying to register at once and something always fucks up.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they are trying to solve some of this with a sort of staggered launch with the early start days. 5...3....0.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Why do MMO launches do this? Why can't they just give us everything we need so we can register it and get it over with. Instead you get a million plus people trying to register at once and something always fucks up.
Well if you bought directly from Bethesda you wouldn't have to worry about it.

I had never heard of Green Man gaming until they were offering a discount for TESO. 20% off sounded good but I was wary of giving my credit card info to a company I've never heard of before.

BTW welcome aboard.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

I had never heard of Green Man gaming until they were offering a discount for TESO. 20% off sounded good but I was wary of giving my credit card info to a company I've never heard of before.

BTW welcome aboard.
GMG is well-established and awesome; have no fears.

Menion_sl

shitlord

BTW welcome aboard.
[-]Teloran [score hidden] 46 minutes ago

You will get the horse. I contacted Zenimax support on the matter and they replied:

"Greetings,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this matter. No your account only has the 5 day early access right now but Green Man Gaming should send you out the copy of your game before or just after the official release date. However during the early access you should have access to the following:
.Play as an Imperial and craft Imperial gear
.Transform any gear to look like Imperial gear
.Imperial Horse
.Rings of Mara

After the initial grace period (48 hours after official launch, i.e April 6th) customers who pre-ordered the physical Imperial Edition must enter their Imperial Pack code in the box in order to retain these items and to fully unlock the full Imperial Pack contents. I hope this answers any questions or worries you have about getting your Imperial Edition entitlements. We look forward to seeing you in Tamriel but if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Kind Regards,

Seamus The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully they have it all figured out. I think everyone was supposed to have free access to all imperial things last beta. I was only able to get the horse and the transform gear to imperial style stuff though, no pets etc. Support couldn't figure out why or how to give me the other items via mail, but assured me it will be fine for launch.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hopefully they have it all figured out. I think everyone was supposed to have free access to all imperial things last beta. I was only able to get the horse and the transform gear to imperial style stuff though, no pets etc. Support couldn't figure out why or how to give me the other items via mail, but assured me it will be fine for launch.
It probably won't be a problem getting your items. The problem usually occurs official launch day when the system gets hammered with everyone trying to register the cd key. Past history usually shows they will extend the registration date if there are any hiccups.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Don't understand why they are using the "imperials" as their big bonus. Do people actually join the Empire in these games? They are always evil, it is implied by the name.

Could care less about the pre-order bonus other than the head start in this game.

Blackwulf

N00b
Don't understand why they are using the "imperials" as their big bonus. Do people actually join the Empire in these games? They are always evil, it is implied by the name.

Could care less about the pre-order bonus other than the head start in this game.
I agree that it's not the most awesome thing they could offer for limited edition. Imperials aren't inherently evil, though. Most people referred to as "imperials" are just citizens of Cyrodiil and it's empire.
Imperials, also known as Cyrodilics, are humans native to the civilized, cosmopolitan province of Cyrodiil. Imperials are renowned throughout Tamriel as endowed orators, a trait bested only by their persistent and ardent approach to military expansion and development. This has profoundly fore-grounded Imperial social and political norms within modern Tamrielic cultures, contributing to the fortitude and esteem of the Empire and the Imperial Legion currently recognized throughout Tamriel. The Empire's dominion over Tamriel is a testimony to Imperial versatility. Having formed sturdy alliances with most of the humanoid races of Tamriel, and embraced the cultural conceptions of neighboring provinces into Imperial mores, the Cyrodilic Empire has managed to endure immense confrontation, for instance: the Oblivion Crisis, the Great War, and the Skyrim Civil War. In commemoration to their success, Imperials have erected a number of monuments to peace and prosperity that comprises the Glorious Empire. The Imperials control most ports in Tamriel and are similar in appearance to Bretons but have a darker skin color, having the appearance of the real life inhabitants of Mediterranean countries
I can't believe this, but I really can't decide what race to play, and I'm running low on time to decide. I kind of want to be an imperial, but I think some other races have better, more focused bonuses - Breton, Altmer, Redguard. The decision is harder because I know there will be the ability to play more than one role.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

The biggest bonus for preordering IMO is the horse. It's a major benefit in Cyrodil to have one at level 10. I couldn't afford to buy the basic horse until I was well into my 20s. The upgraded horses cost 40K+ so an extra benefit is you can save the 17k for a basic horse for the upgraded horse.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really have not been following this because of my work schedule has not allowed me to play an MMO for a year. I'm finally relocating at the end of April and can actually play something then. From people I have talked to I'm getting some serious mixed reviews. Those of you that have done the betas what's the verdict? I would likely want to be an Orc if I did get it.

Evil and have crappy bonuses. Some nice looking armor though.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
People keep saying that, but I was thinking with 12% to both health and stamina, wouldn't that mean you can cap those stats more easily and focus on other stats?
That's the general idea with most of the racials. It's not super hard to get into overcharge range with stats of any kind if you're focusing on gearing for them. Khajiit crit hit damage racial was all-star in that regard but has been nerfed pre launch to be crit % as far as I can tell.