The Elder Scrolls Online

Caliane

So it seems like people are having a decent time. I admit I've ignored this game completely based on a couple beta weekends and other people talking about how bad it was. Questions: Does it seem like the game will be last longer then a month or 2 ala swtor? Is the PvP fun and rewarding?
Its bad. you are just seeing the usual suspects who play every single mmo for 1-3 months, and insist they are having fun, so its totes worth the cash.

Its bad. Play gw2, play landmark, play ff14, play TSW, play Planetside2.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Its bad. you are just seeing the usual suspects who play every single mmo for 1-3 months, and insist they are having fun, so its totes worth the cash.

Its bad. Play gw2, play landmark, play ff14, play TSW, play Planetside2.
GW2 and FF14 were fucking awful, nobody gives a shit about TSW's terrible setting, and Landmark & Planetside 2 aren't even close to the kind of game TESO is.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I'm sure he meant "lasted longer than a month" re: TOR for people who aren't neck beard faggots. For the normal people who don't regularly swallow jizz, TOR lasted 3 weeks. At best.
I guess that was my auto-gag reflex kicking in whenever someone asks a general audience should they base their purchase of a game solely on:

a) what someone else they hardly know thinks about it

b) how shitty/good some other game did

..either which always made little sense to me but hey, if he needs a co-signer, you couldn't ask for a better one than Ut which is why I said yeah, he has permission to buy it. Two million or so jizz swallowers is a pretty good rate to have for a dead game though considering it's one of the ultimate casual games in recent memory.. which most gamers are anyways.

Sorry i sprayed sand into your vagina, thanks for the reply though.
rolleyes.png
Np.. it's all clean now. You have my permission to leave the forum.

edit: Ut changed his mind again.

Wait on this one.
Now you have his permission to NOT buy the game.. you know, based on what 'everyone' says.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
So can anyone explain the actions/abilities and button slots to me? I just hit level 10 on a Templar and am using a bow.

There's buttons 1-5, Q and R. What is R for? I can't put anything there. I now have 8 or so abilities I'd like to have on the action bar (I imagine it'll grow even more). Is that intentional? I haven't been able to figure out any kind of bar swap functionality.

I've seen the hints saying a 2nd swappable weapon at 15 gives an auto swapping action bar.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it intended to force players to choose (I realize there's probably some console compatibility design contributing to this limitation as well)?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I am seeing some server stability issues. It isn't as close to as stable as GW2 was, and is close to where TSW was at launch, although TSW was better, too, at least for me. I haven't seen the terrible lag I saw last night but I have had way more crashes in the last 3 days than I had in all of the beta weekends. After some heavy fighting, Cyrodiil was a crash-fest for me personally for the last couple of hours. In one stretch while I was fighting at Fort Warden I crash like 5 times in a 200 yard stretch trying to take the Lumbermill.

AD owns Dawnbreaker completely; Warden and Farragut saw a lot of fights while I was there, including 10 siege engines and a ram bombing the hell out of Warden; the run took the steam out of their campaign and we beat them back from both locations pretty handily. If you are AD, its a great campaign to go ahead and do your skyshards/Lorebook/etc. The run is punishing; I was desperate to stay alive there at the end, if only because one more 5-10 min run was going to do me in.

Quests seem functional across the board, other than a couple like the frog races, etc. While there are some that are obvious, they all seem well done; Many of them are really great. I haven't hit any but lots of folks were complaining about it in zone chat. I am really very close to turning off Zone chat altogether, though. Its been a long time since I have seen so much inanity in one place; barrens chat 2014.

This weekend will be the big test but even short of that, I will call that Ut was wrong about this game, even if it was for the right reasons.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think Ut will find vindication this weekend (as people have said, issues are already starting to rear their head) and he should feel bad for ignoring his own advice.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still in the "newbie" area I guess, but having fun. Racing people to ore nodes is pretty lulzy, right up until I realized if I smelt a few pieces of equipment that I can get the nodes to light up to come across them easier. Now the racing favors me most of the time. Worst case scenario, I get some ES lore and some fun using Scorpion's Spear followed by a knockdown ball of rock for a bit. Still hasn't gotten old at all yet.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right now TESO is in honeymoon mode with players (no massive downtimes, no server login limbo, less bugs than beta, etc) but I'm expecting a lot of people getting quite pissed when they figure out both RvR (90 days campaigns, massive pop imbalance, etc) and endgame PvE (where is Craglorn ?). Maybe ZOS will push massive content update during the first month. Also thanks for pointing out where I can read "Hero Engine".

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Greenshade has been bad. Few bugged quest that take 5+ relogs to find a working one(at least for me) and constant crashes + rollbacks.

Right now TESO is in honeymoon mode with players (no massive downtimes, no server login limbo, less bugs than beta, etc) but I'm expecting a lot of people getting quite pissed when they figure out both RvR (90 days campaigns, massive pop imbalance, etc) and endgame PvE (where is Craglorn ?). Maybe ZOS will push massive content update during the first month. Also thanks for pointing out where I can read "Hero Engine".
Well Zeni better have massive content updates planned because as it stands right now, yes the game is good but it has about a 3 month life span just about when the first campaigns end. If they don't, well, Wildstar will be there ready to snatch people up.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
OMG the evening lag is sooooo frustrating. Nothing like 5+ min of fighting, then everyone in combat stopping, then disconning, the coming back to the Anchor beaten with no reward. Multiply that times multiple resource captures in Cyrodiil. Or the final fight of a quest (rescuing Merric), when you and the boss move like those two non-hetero gang leaders fighting in the "Beat it" video. Ah-mazing. This really is as bad at times as my first beta weekend.

Game when I can play it right still really fun. Missing conversations because you hammered the first option like a spaz because the game isn't responding, well, isn't.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Bacon_sl said:
AlekseiFL_sl said:
Thats Bullshit. we all read the same thing, but ever since then, if you read between the lines its Hero engine, they dont wanna talk about it,at all.
As far as I know, the Hero Engine is not Mac compatible and ESO will be. That seems like a lot of trouble to license an engine and then devote a ton of time to modify it.
Tidbit Scaledclaw_sl said:
In a fresh install and download with the newest build it says both, it says powered by hero engine then next screen it says havoc.
Welp, I'll admit when I'm wrong. I'm not sure why ZM went to all the trouble, or why they were so douchey to deny the use of it for so long. AlekseiFL - /bow to you, sir.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think they hired Ester the Tester for a CSR Rep. Stolen from SA.

I was able to finish the suspicious cargo quest when they rebooted today, but I did get an in-character support email followup to the issue:

Greetings!

We do apologize for the difficulties that you are having in detecting the assassins, however it appears that the shipment of crates that they intended to use were delayed. We expect that they will choose a new shipment to hide in, and the next available options due in at port are right before the official launch date of April 4th. Until the new crates are delivered, continuing on your journey to the next area will allow you to progress.

Once the ships have come to drop off their cargo, you will be able to return to this area to search for the assassins.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
The Elder Scrolls Online Team

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Welp, I'll admit when I'm wrong. I'm not sure why ZM went to all the trouble, or why they were so douchey to deny the use of it for so long. AlekseiFL - /bow to you, sir.
Not that I doubt Tidbit but before you start admitting things, can anyone else confirm this? Because I don't buy this, really. I am not going to download 50gb to prove him wrong but I would like to phone a friend or anyone else really who sees this. Or screenshots, etc.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not that I doubt Tidbit but before you start admitting things, can anyone else confirm this? Because I don't buy this, really. I am not going to download 50gb to prove him wrong but I would like to phone a friend or anyone else really who sees this. Or screenshots, etc.
Installed it on another computer and it does say powered by hero engine. Mention of the hero engine is gone after the client is installed. I'll let you guys argue over what that means.

They probably lied because of the negative press hero engine has gotten. Doesn't matter really because the engine is top notch in its performance. The megaserver on the other hand wont let me log the fuck in!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Installed it on another computer and it does say powered by hero engine. Mention of the hero engine is gone after the client is installed. I'll let you guys argue over what that means.

They probably lied because of the negative press hero engine has gotten. Doesn't matter really because the engine is top notch in its performance. The megaserver on the other hand wont let me log the fuck in!
At this point, I wouldn't put it past them that someone forgot to remove it from the first play, or some prototype legalese makes them have it upfront the first time but then no more. Who knows?

The game doesn't seem generally unplayable; when I am on, while lots of people are complaining, there are also a large number who say they aren't seeing issues. They are having some issues, though. On one of my kick-outs it said something about spamming messages; that might be why they disabled in-game mail earlier. All of these logon/lag/account issues could be some middleware piece to stop gold spammers/anti-cheat gone awry.

Dashivax

N00b
So I understand how you lose Emperor to the other factions, if they take all the keeps their top guy gets it, but can it trade hands among your own faction members? If someone on your faction surpasses the Emperor in points, and you still own all 6 keeps, do they become Emperor?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I understand how you lose Emperor to the other factions, if they take all the keeps their top guy gets it, but can it trade hands among your own faction members? If someone on your faction surpasses the Emperor in points, and you still own all 6 keeps, do they become Emperor?
Nope! You're emp for life! Or until the keeps get taken....

I'm betting that the emp on Dawnbreaker will hold the record for longest emp for a long time.