The Elder Scrolls Online

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh my goal to not play an alt has failed. The sorcerer is just not growing on me after 18 levels. Feels like crystal fragments spam all the time.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
From what I gathered (4 friends and some official forum posts, hardly a trend you might say) if you're into the level 3-20 gap right now, you're gonna experience beta weekends style quest bugging. Some NPCs don't spawn, act funny or don't propose interaction. Most of those bugs can be resolved with logouts (forcing your character going in a different phase / instance).

...with the right setup
, there is no way you're gonna be that slow. As long as you could keep being ahead of the crowd, leveling experience should be decent. You can solo almost anything, and world boss areas / anchors are usually crowded enough with people waiting for respawn.
No bugs at all here.

Really, I was griping about level speed before but it's picked up. I have about 18 hours in and I'm level 16. This is with a iot of AFKing, screwing around, staring at where to allocate skill points, and farming Skyshards. My big problem is I just can't play hours and hours of this game straight as it bores me. An hour or two and I'm good. 2+ and I'm Zzzing away. I've gotten severe gaming ADHD as I've aged.

This isn't the game, though,it's me. After 45 minutes of WOW or SWTOR and I'm good, too. The problem is those games are more built for that currently.

The only game to recently get me to play longer was P99 and after a few months of that I was over that garbage, too.

Community so far is good, outside of the large rush of people for chests and other things, which is fine. Par for the course. Looking forward to more grouping. I've actually enjoyed what I've done so far, I just am past the time where I want to do 10 hour blocks of the same type of mindless grinding, which really is what this and almost every other DIKU MMMO has become.

Ryanz

<Banned>
The sorcerer is just not growing on me after 18 levels. Feels like crystal fragments spam all the time.
I feel the same way (I'm lvl 11). I just spam fragment + heavy staff attack until mobs are at 20%, then the lightning spell that kills them and makes them explode. I've got no real CC ability, so fighting more then one mob is just awkward and turns into a rush to kill one of them before I get bum rushed (and I usually end up dead anyways [unless fighting mobs significantly under my lvl]), even then I am usually running on fumes in regard to my mana (and I have a lot of mana reduction passives). Combat just feels...really badly implemented.

Damn man. Save some for everyone else.

45 mins/level sounds about right for mid-levels, althoughaftera 50% mob nerf that sounds like it took it to where other games were at their launches at full strength. No wonder that guy hit 50 so quick.. that's crazy.

I'm pretty sure I was doing that in FFXIV with FATEs at launch. Would have been faster but you had to wait for them to respawn. Now dungeons are better for mid levels like that while doing Leves til they pop.
It's just powering up. You still need to do a ton of stuff to level other things you need.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tonight held our first PvP Training. We regularly hold PvP training in active games to organize new players and try new strategies.
o3nOVEM.jpg

After we took a group picture.
mCEVU2S.jpg

Then, we tested out some new strategies by guesting onto the Bloodthorn campaign. All land was held by the Ebonheart Pact when we arrived, throughout the night we worked with TAS and Spec Ops to secure two keeps. Here's a picture of the first keep we assaulted.
uIRDN56.jpg

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
So I contacted support about forums access invitation code today and got this:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

Until you have received a beta code you will not have access to the forums. If you are selected for a beta event, you will receive a separate e-mail with detailed instructions and forum account information. Until that time, the forums will remained closed.

Not sure if that was just an automated response or what.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Well, after redownloading the game, moving the installs around to different drives, trying all of the tricks in all the threads I can find, I can't log in at all, under any circumstances. 20+ crashes, some at the launcher, most trying to load any characters, including newly created ones, into the game world. Unbelievable; I never expected them to completely break the game for not everyone but just me. And a select group of friends.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
If you can find the link online and you want to play in first person, there is an fov fix floating around, makes first person really fun. I believe it is technically against the TOS, but I don't know of anyone getting banned over it.

Same with enabling sweetFX, makes the game look so damn amazing.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Well, after redownloading the game, moving the installs around to different drives, trying all of the tricks in all the threads I can find, I can't log in at all, under any circumstances. 20+ crashes, some at the launcher, most trying to load any characters, including newly created ones, into the game world. Unbelievable; I never expected them to completely break the game for not everyone but just me. And a select group of friends.
To reply to my own post, I finally found something that let me log in:
If after that you are still experiencing this crash, you can try editing a line in your UserSettings.txt. That line would be SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11" and you can change "D3D11" to "OpenGL"
Although my framerate is down from 60FPS to 40FPS (this is after a video card upgrade in the middle of all this just because, from a 7970 to a 290), and visibly worse graphics, with that change I can now load all the way into the game.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
To reply to my own post, I finally found something that let me log in:

Although my framerate is down from 60FPS to 40FPS (this is after a video card upgrade in the middle of all this just because, from a 7970 to a 290), and visibly worse graphics, with that change I can now load all the way into the game.
Well maybe you've narrowed it down to DX11. Not sure if it'll let you do DX9 as well as OpenGL. Try re-installing DX11 :p

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I feel the same way (I'm lvl 11). I just spam fragment + heavy staff attack until mobs are at 20%, then the lightning spell that kills them and makes them explode. I've got no real CC ability, so fighting more then one mob is just awkward and turns into a rush to kill one of them before I get bum rushed (and I usually end up dead anyways [unless fighting mobs significantly under my lvl]), even then I am usually running on fumes in regard to my mana (and I have a lot of mana reduction passives). Combat just feels...really badly implemented.
Wall of elements is a good choice and morph it to unstable wall. Also use destructive staff and morph it. With a flame staff the knock back stops most mobs special attacks.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hmmm, so far ive seen 4 different groups claiming world first emperors. whod have thought rolling over empty zones would be so important to people.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Sigh my goal to not play an alt has failed. The sorcerer is just not growing on me after 18 levels. Feels like crystal fragments spam all the time.
As others have already pointed out, you need to equip a weapon other than the Destro staff, especially at early levels before you get weapon swap. Main reason for that is because Destro staff uses magicka just like your class abilities and since your class abilities do more damage, there is no reason to use the Destro staff skills. If you equip a weapon that uses Stamina, it gives you an extra resource pool to draw from.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
What does the end game consist of, by the way? Kinda getting an itch to play it, but not entirely convinced I shouldn't just wait until it either goes free to play, or pay once to play. (if it ever does, that is.)