The Elder Scrolls Online

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think there is any need for a ESO's Elitist Jerks right now, there is no real competitive endgame PvE content with guild progress and leveling isn't really hard if you can read what your skills do. Tamriel Foundry is most of the time bad, lots of Esohead calculator shitposters who know nothing about MMO, PvP, PvE and actual game mechanics. You can easily dodge them though, just avoid the typical "here's my build pls rate" threads and stuff with too much emphasis on RP "here's my Nightblade Ranger renegade wanted by the imperials build, I didn't take shadow disguise because my character doesn't believe in magic^^". There are some nice builds out there, it really depends of what you want to do.

There are thumb rules tho, because of retarded softcaps it's somewhat better to spec 49 points in health and gear up around both magicka and stamina, you'll benefit better of the 1:1.5 health ratio (1pt spent in health gives 15 points instead of 10 for magicka and stamina). I myself also have some remarks, if I may :

1. Heavy dabbling (sorc tank with light armor and dual wield, archer templar, etc) is cool as long as you know your stuff do your part, and you're not an anchor to your group, dragging everyone to the bottom with your shitty tavern roleplay build.

2. In PvP, health is king. You gotta softcap it before doing anything else. Having a lake of magicka or an highway of stamina won't do good if you're dead. More health, less death. "I usually never get hit" is the punchline you hear a lot from dead people.

3. Currently, the best efficient (fast) way to level is 2man group grinding (with rings of mara) because it's where group bonus XP happens. Regular solo questions takes ~ 50 hours, you can grind yourself a lvl 50 in ~ 25-30 hours with mara group boogaloo.

4. Deconstruct everything, buy nothing, research anything. Create other characters to store your stuff too. You can craft epic / legendary gear in ESO, which means golds + gear afterwards. Don't buy a 3k golds epic quality Bow you'll replace in 2 levels.

5. Avoid Greenshade, ESO's bermuda triangle, you'll have crashes, disconnects, you'll lose progress, gear, golds, your character will go into limbo stuck mode and you'll be a soulless, sad panda. It'sapparently hotfixed, but you never know.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are thumb rules tho, because of retarded softcaps it's somewhat better to spec 49 points in health and gear up around both magicka and stamina, you'll benefit better of the 1:1.5 health ratio (1pt spent in health gives 15 points instead of 10 for magicka and stamina). I myself also have some remarks, if I may :
to clear this up a bit. health on gear comes at 1.5:1 ratio to other stats as well. so assuming you have a full set of gear of your character level, it really doesnt matter.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty damn good launch. Biggest problem is broken quests, though most of those can be fixed by relogging.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I want to like this game so much because it looks really good, but It's just boring to me.
I feel exactly the same way. I have never been so bored with a game in my life. I am willing to give it a chance. I am not giving up on it yet. But after almost a week of steady playing, I can honestly say that I have not experienced game-related "fun" yet. The game is a lot like "work with friends". The only fun I have had is yapping with my friends on TS. I don't even need to be logged in to ESO to do that (we're not talking about the game).

misery_sl

shitlord
I wonder how many people are just telling themselves they're having fun, without actually enjoying the experience just to play another MMORPG.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well I just hit a game ending bug for my character. Was stuck at snare speed forever, even my horse was stuck.

Did all the usual stuff. Reloaded UI, exited game, made sure my walk/run wasn't toggled etc

Had to put in a ticket in for it, and just got a CS to help me 3 hours later. They said its happening a lot ,and there is no current fix yet.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I wonder how many people are just telling themselves they're having fun, without actually enjoying the experience just to play another MMORPG.
If you don't find TESO fun, and claim to like MMORPGs, you should probably rethink how you feel about the genre. It's not getting much better than this any time soon.

I decided to take a different approach to this game. Usually I rush to endgame as fast as I can so I can start gearing up for raiding. This time I've decided to slow the fuck down, even though I'm pretty burned out on themeparks. I'm reading each and quest and right now, I'm having fun with it. Just got into group dungeons and PvP too and this is clearly where the game shines the best.

My biggest gameplay-related criticisms so far are:
* The tedium of inventory management, yet again, especially in regards to crafting and gathering. When you think about breaking out a spreadsheet to track your research traits, shit just went from fun to work.
* The social system with the multiple guilds, builds banks, @names vs charnames, etc. is pretty retarded.
* Run forest, run! The Doing-every-other-shit-than-fighting to Fighting ratio can be pretty bad at times.
* As a Templar who also heals, First Person View went out the window fast.

misery_sl

shitlord
It's not getting much better than this any time soon.
These words sum it up pretty well. I wonder how many people are in this mindset right now with the MMORPG they are currently playing. It won't get better anytime soon, so why not settle for mediocre? The genre is evolving slowly with hiccups here and there. For instance action combat has become a major focus these days because it's fun as hell, and it took more recent games like TERA to really drive that point home. I'll just sit here in my big comfy chair, until I am pleased with a product enough to buy it.

You might say that I have higher MMORPG standards than a lot of people. Also, I'm not so bored that I need an MMORPG in my life every waking moment even though I am a huge MMORPG fan, and that will never change. I'm not saying TESO is a bad game. Some aspects of it seem pretty neat. I've seen some very intelligently designed quests. Nothing about it makes me want to play it, though. Yes, I can judge it well enough from streams and reviews.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I just hit a game ending bug for my character. Was stuck at snare speed forever, even my horse was stuck.

Did all the usual stuff. Reloaded UI, exited game, made sure my walk/run wasn't toggled etc

Had to put in a ticket in for it, and just got a CS to help me 3 hours later. They said its happening a lot ,and there is no current fix yet.
Might be silly but did you try to kill your character ? I had that kind of bug and as soon as my character died I lost the debuff (which I was able to see in the character window).

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I played each and every beta weekend available, and, because I am an addict in search of a fix (and after hearing even Utnayan flip-flop harder than John Kerry), I am playing live. The gamein my opinionis very different than other MMO's out there, and I can't put my finger quite on whyI thinkthat is. I will say that I put in about 30mins to an hour before I am good, and go back to WoW or Landmark. But to say that if someone doesn't like a particular MMO then they "should probably rethink how you feel about the genre" is a funny statement. Because TESO != the MMORPG genre.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
One of the greatest features that should be copied MMO wide is that a player is tied to his account and not a particular character. In every MMO I have played in the last 8 years or so the trolling has gotten so bad and people act like such asshats in chat channels that it is unbearable for me.

Being able to /ignore an entire account versus a throwaway alt is amazing. Most likely it wasn't done for this purpose, but holy hell its amazing.

I witnessed a ton of hate thrown around for this game and went into it expecting the worst. I expected the chat channels to be vile filth running rampant with trolls. This one single feature, whether or not it was intended or not....should be included in every MMO from this point forward.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you don't find TESO fun, and claim to like MMORPGs, you should probably rethink how you feel about the genre. It's not getting much better than this any time soon.
"MMO's arent getting better - just repeated so just settle for whats out there and be content."

Thats what this sounds like and its the most bullshit logic on this thread. So since shits not getting better people should just deal with what we have and not bypass shitty, boring, monotonous games and keep supporting the developers that are making them?

This is akin to the people who were all on SWTORs nuts manily because it was Star Wars and praised it like jesus till the masses figures out it sucked donkey balls. Hey cool bro, its Elder Scrolls...so what? its still another meh MMO