The Elder Scrolls Online

I watched the stories too, at 50. And felt rewarded because it gave me progress towards my endgame Veteran Rank, which is ridiculous hard to level up because mob kills don't count towards it unless they're bosses.
I sir have decided to subscribe to your publication! Where do I grind in the late 20s?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I sir have decided to subscribe to your publication! Where do I grind in the late 20s?
The rule is to keep mobs that you're killing 5 levels higher than your current level wherever possible.

An exception to the above rule:

1.) Mob clear speed and respawn rate outweigh shifting spots to maintain 5 level differential.

Examples being (MT WW cave, Most Bandit Camps, And the Golden Mercenary Camp and Cold Harbor grind areas)

Late 20's you should start in MT (level 33 area) The initial zone line has sets of 3 guards that are doable for a duo or a skilled solo. To the immediate east is a cave of fairly gnarly ass Werewolves, if you can manage killing these you'll get about 2% per pull.

Ultimately if you can't survive AOE packs of up to 10 mobs solo, you're generally beter off finding solo pull mobs like the imp camp in the AD lvl 40+ zone or the Giant snakes/Plants Werewolves, Ogrims, Ogres, Clanfears, Spider Daedra. Etc. If you can clear these higher HP mobs faster than a 3 pull you'll generally level faster as a result (like 10 minutes faster).

Also don't forget WW cave and Orc bandit camp both have quests which give you a companion that helps you fight, improving clear time without costing you the group xp penalty. I'd recommend not completing these quests until you grind your heart out with the companion in tow.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Skipping quests and doing them at 50 allow you to get Veteran Rank Points instead of xp for turning them in.

Ex: 1-50 main story prophet nerd quest gave me 10% of a Veteran Rank

Get fucked questers #grindlife
Nice strategy!

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
A few days late to the party here. Purchased, installing and Joined the [PRX] website for access again. Thanks.

I've stayed blind to this game on purpose so it could be fresh. Is there a good place to read good info on it while I install?

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sorry to ask again, but it was never answered... is there a Rerolled guild, or is everyone under the umbrella of PRX (or just solo dicking around).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A few days late to the party here. Purchased, installing and Joined the [PRX] website for access again. Thanks.

I've stayed blind to this game on purpose so it could be fresh. Is there a good place to read good info on it while I install?
The big question you should have is what class you want to play. Everything else you can learn on the way. You should also look into going to esoui.com and getting ZrMM and FTC.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm taking the silence for PRX only, which is fine, I just don't know if I can be 100% dedicated with my busiest work season coming up. I also just hit 11 on my Nightblade and realized I would rather be a healer for groups and don't want to re-do all the same quests I just did, so if I need to be 100% invested in PRX for PvP at the drop of a hat, I might roll a different faction so I don't have to slog through the same quests.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sorry to ask again, but it was never answered... is there a Rerolled guild, or is everyone under the umbrella of PRX (or just solo dicking around).
About 40 people on this forum are in PRX. There's only a few people active in this thread that aren't in PRX and they're all in different guilds. You can join Bondurant in EU or Blackwulf in EP.
I'm taking the silence for PRX only, which is fine, I just don't know if I can be 100% dedicated with my busiest work season coming up. I also just hit 11 on my Nightblade and realized I would rather be a healer for groups and don't want to re-do all the same quests I just did, so if I need to be 100% invested in PRX for PvP at the drop of a hat, I might roll a different faction so I don't have to slog through the same quests.
You don't have to be a hardcore player to be in PRX. The only requirement is that when we have 'all calls' that everyone who is online is participating in the fight. I expect that we'll have 2-3 all calls a week, most of them scheduled ahead of time.

Currently the level requirement to join PRX is 15.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I was never able to reach a point where ae grinding was consistently faster than solo pulls even with higher numbers of mobs. Maybe the areas I tried just weren't suitable though. Probably should have spent more time in beta scouting out some decent spots.
There's this super secret spot in Cold Harbour that took me from 40-50 in less than 5 hours. Super secret.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Or, you can group bash until VR1 then torch dungeon / world boss grind group, I did VR1 -> VR2 in 2 hours.
What does that entail? Sitting at a relatively fast boss spawn and killing it? Or is there some boss-mob route you ran?

Vitality

HUSTLE
What does that entail? Sitting at a relatively fast boss spawn and killing it? Or is there some boss-mob route you ran?
Goblin cave has 4 bosses that can be infinite looped

5 minute spawn timers. Great way to farm Soul Gems too.

There's this super secret spot in Cold Harbour that took me from 40-50 in less than 5 hours. Super secret.
Less than 5 hours? Then I assume you're not talking about cliffs of failure
tongue.png

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I got "level 50" (VR1) I instantly went to Glenumbra (I'm EP) and there was a guy spamming for a group, we ended in a 6man group and we did theVoTF VR grind tour, I did the 450k ish VR1 -> VR2 in 2 hours, cleaning world bosses / torch dungeons. VR content is cool as long as you have people to group with. By the way gear progression is kind of weird, since there is no gear to raise your + spell damage besides enchants. I have the same 80 Spell Power I had last week. I had some ring which gave me +4 spell dmg, but VR gear wise I've yet to find any real boost to it.