The Elder Scrolls Online

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
No easier way to farm turpin, pitch, honing stones or anything else for crafting. Loot pi?ata mini-bosses will give you far more than running around the map trying to dig them up or buying at inflated prices.
Not just that, but each of them seem to drop 2+ white pieces as well. Only farmed the boss for a few minutes, but had a full inventory of armor to break down. I'm up to like 25 in clothing just from breaking shit down. But yup it's boring, so I don't do it.

I'm VR1 as of last night, I had *no* idea all the VR quests are group based now. I don't think I have the motivation to level anymore, and pvp exp is so painfully bad(WHY WHY WHYYYY QQ) I don't know what to do.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
The worst part is it'd be very similar to the lists generated in ~June 2013 =(

It'd probably also read like a list of ways Cyrodiil differs fromhttp://www.prx-guild.com/forum/m/161...nt-in-pvp-game
Thanks for sharing that. That's a great list. I have some disagreements, but overall it's a very good write up.

I'm hoping as the game matures group vs group will materialize. I just do not see it right now.

I thing the PVE is decent, but as a long time MMOer to me it really gets boring fast. It'd be great if it was my first rodeo, but it's way too much of the same thing.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Not just that, but each of them seem to drop 2+ white pieces as well. Only farmed the boss for a few minutes, but had a full inventory of armor to break down. I'm up to like 25 in clothing just from breaking shit down. But yup it's boring, so I don't do it.

I'm VR1 as of last night, I had *no* idea all the VR quests are group based now. I don't think I have the motivation to level anymore, and pvp exp is so painfully bad(WHY WHY WHYYYY QQ) I don't know what to do.
VR is not group based, its just not retardedly easy. If you are ranged you need to run with plenty of CC, and if you are melee sword and board makes life a breeze. Its kinda a harsh switch initially, you go from being able to faceroll with any old build to really having to think about tailoring it to pve. If you go sword and board you can stack bash cost jewelry and just block bash your way to vr10.

If you are melee, seriously consider going vamp atleast for the VR leveling, it offers incredibly sustain in the longer VR fights, it lets you stack up all bash dmg for example and nearly double your dmg compared to a non vamp prolly having to go with mostly bash cost stuff.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Meh. Just remember, when you enter rooms to kill bosses from quests, don't leave right away. A lot of times they respawn and you can farm them over/over again at least until you leave.
Ya, we have been doing that for some time. But if they are going to change to a timer it will squash that. Very sad
frown.png

We noticed the first time the end bosses on publics would pop on ppl getting to X point. Once we saw they respawned due to others entering, it was all about grinding for loot and mailing it off for the extra space.
Only reason we have left some publics is due out lvling the dungeon! Once the loot stops, its time to move on....

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The worst part is it'd be very similar to the lists generated in ~June 2013 =(

It'd probably also read like a list of ways Cyrodiil differs fromhttp://www.prx-guild.com/forum/m/161...nt-in-pvp-game
The two things I agree with the most in that list is Time to Kill needs to be long and PVP needs to be meaningful.

GW1 had the best Time To Kill of any MMO I've played. IIRC GW1 PVP matches were 8 on 8 and two well designed teams (in terms of their team build ) could have some long, epic fights that lasted well over 10 minutes.

MMOs that combine PVE and PVP always seem to have problems with extremely short Time to Kill since a players DPS output is balanced to deteat PVE mobs, not other players. Not sure how TESO could fix this unless they do something like tripling or quadrupling the amount of health points everyone has whenever you enter Cyrodil.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The two things I agree with the most in that list is Time to Kill needs to be long and PVP needs to be meaningful.

GW1 had the best Time To Kill of any MMO I've played. IIRC GW1 PVP matches were 8 on 8 and two well designed teams (in terms of their team build ) could have some long, epic fights that lasted well over 10 minutes.

MMOs that combine PVE and PVP always seem to have problems with extremely short Time to Kill since a players DPS output is balanced to deteat PVE mobs, not other players. Not sure how TESO could fix this unless they do something like tripling or quadrupling the amount of health points everyone has whenever you enter Cyrodil.
A fight in teso can actually last a decent time, if both have healing/defensives and know how to block. TTK is very hard to judge, because there so are so many variables, even more so when its large scale pvp and not locked number arena/bg style pvp. People think they die super fast but in reality they are getting hit by 10 or more people and probably siege.

As for the latter, more games just need to separate abilities into pve and pvp. So they can tune one side without it effecting the other.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
So, anyone else having problems logging in? Where is this overflow crap they talked about? There isnt even a queue at this point! Just a timeout or server error.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
If you are getting the 301 errors like I was, open the windows host file under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc add "54.243.115.56 launcher.bethesda.net" no quotes on a line and next time you run the launcher it will patch.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
If you are getting the 301 errors like I was, open the windows host file under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc add "54.243.115.56 launcher.bethesda.net" no quotes on a line and next time you run the launcher it will patch.
That worked, thank you much sir. Had to get it set on both my MAC and PC systems. Both were have the issue.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Don't bank anything or grab from bank. Bank bug still alive and kicking.

Also: hi, unannounced downtime (patch of said issue hopefully).