The Elder Scrolls Online

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I like the game but I've had it with all the bugs. I canceled my sub. Back to waiting for something to play.

spronk

FPS noob
the real game launches in 2 months when the console version ships, ZO just got you to pay $60+something to beta test their game

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
I keep looking for fun things to do, which led to perhaps my biggest disappointment in the game . . .

Just outside of Daggerfall (I can't remember the name of the zone), I was sitting on my horse at one end of a bridge. I noticed a group of NPC's walking toward me. Guards on patrol or some shit. My thought was basically to play a game called "Bowling for Tamriel" . . which basically consists of me riding my steed through a group of NPC's, knocking them over, dislodging their helms and hopefully killing the bastards. So I take off at a full gallop . . picking up speed . . . and I collide with the first NPC . . . which causes my horse to come to a complete stop! No carnage at all!

I'm still looking for something fun to do in this game . . .
What a dumb thing to say.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So as someone who has never really liked an ES game do you think I would be able to enjoy ESO? Is there enough differentiating between them to make it a worthwhile peak at least?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
What a dumb thing to say.
If Tel is saying what I think he's saying, he kind of blurgled it out wrong.

Not sure if you've played Skyrim or even Assassin's Creed, but when you bump into NPCs or horse them they stumble, fall down and will generally say things like "Hey, cut that shit out and watch where you are going" or raise some kind of an alarm. I know Skyrim is famous for it. If you walk into someone's house and they are downstairs, they will watch your ass go up the steps and shortly they will come up and ask wtf you are doing up there. Things like that.

I understand TES the mmo and TES the games are two different things, but still there are lots of times that while I'm doing something in ESO where NPCs are there and I keep thinking it's "uh oh" time and it ends up like WoW.. nothing happens. Even a lot of times hostile NPCs are there when you turn a corner and they just have the spidey-sense go off over their heads but that's it; you just turn around and leave even though you are two feet from them.

He might be thinking about that kind of excitement where there's actual danger in the game and you need to be a little more careful about what you do in the mmo, or at least I think he is. I know that's my biggest meh with the game thus far (not enough danger/excitement) but it is an mmo after all so I'm not blaming them for that; it's par for the course average on that note. But it's definitely why I feel other than PvP, there really isn't a reason to play this game at all because you get more from playing the other ES versions as a replay over again for free or even mod them than pay $15/month to quest themepark-style (albeit sneakily) for typical questing since raiding/dungeons are done far better in other games anyways.

It's just thatit isan Elder Scrolls 'game' and that part of it is as much of a letdown as when I played SWTOR and hit a mob 5 or 6 times with my lightsaber and it just kinds of bounces off them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It can be fun but the world is extremely sterile and non-interactive. It's a lifeless husk propped up by theme-park quests. Which is the opposite of what Elder Scroll games represent. This is basically the fundamental problem I have had with ESO since they first announced information about it. If they took their budget and made the kind of living and changing world that would be worthy of being called Elder Scrolls Online it'd be great.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It can be fun but the world is extremely sterile and non-interactive. It's a lifeless husk propped up by theme-park quests. Which is the opposite of what Elder Scroll games represent.
I did 1-50 only with questins and I disagree with you, alot of "main" quests move the world, aka when you save a village (which is about 1/4 of the quests haha) you come into a burning houses town with NPCs fighting everywhere. THen, enemies disappear and people start to rebuild the town right after you validate the quest. I'd agree about being sterile since it's PvE leveling without PvP consequences but I wouldn't say it's non-interactive, especially with phasing during leveling.

Anyway, hello dead economy :

GVRSSpQ.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would think its pretty easy to go through and investigate accounts with say more them 500k(Maybe a mill, not sure what someone who has played the market could of made, but me at max level with just decon + vendor , only has 70k).

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It can be fun but the world is extremely sterile and non-interactive. It's a lifeless husk propped up by theme-park quests. Which is the opposite of what Elder Scroll games represent. .
Actually it's EXACTLY like a single player Elder Scrolls game, which is the problem. There are tons of things to do, but most of them are setup in a single player environment or a 'public dungeon.

It's the same problem as the PVE in GW2. It's built around you, and you alone. These guys really should have played some more WOW, Rift, and SWTOR. They could have kept the class and skill systems and the ES feel, but it would've been so better if the game had a multiplayer focus besides just RVR and group dungeons.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Decided with a long weekend wife and I would try this for a bit and I've never seen such a slow patcher, download speeds are silly slow. I have a 100Mbs connection and it's stuck at 220kb/s. Doesn't make for much a first impression.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Actually it's EXACTLY like a single player Elder Scrolls game, which is the problem. There are tons of things to do, but most of them are setup in a single player environment or a 'public dungeon.
I don't know how you can even say that.

The game is exactly opposite what an Elder Scrolls game is. Everything is static just like Tuco describes and you have a set path that you follow through the entire game doing quests mostly in the exact order that the developer designed them in.

It plays more like WoW with fewer seed quests than any ES game I've played.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Are u sure he didnt just edit that in? I would think he would of been caught. There was another dupe posted, it has to do with hirelings.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Decided with a long weekend wife and I would try this for a bit and I've never seen such a slow patcher, download speeds are silly slow. I have a 100Mbs connection and it's stuck at 220kb/s. Doesn't make for much a first impression.
The patcher is a steaming pile of shit. Try pausing the download and restarting it. For some reason that usually works to boost your speed to expected levels.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It can be fun but the world is extremely sterile and non-interactive. It's a lifeless husk propped up by theme-park quests. Which is the opposite of what Elder Scroll games represent. This is basically the fundamental problem I have had with ESO since they first announced information about it. If they took their budget and made the kind of living and changing world that would be worthy of being called Elder Scrolls Online it'd be great.
I totally agree with you.

My problem is that it's such a slow, plodding and tedious endeavor. In my opinion, this is the worst PVE I have ever played. It reminds me a lot of Vanguard. Quests are nothing more than time-sinks. The time vs reward do not match up.