The Elder Scrolls Online

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
The sooner they switch to FTP-Patron status sub Hybrid the better chance they have of keeping some of us casuals around that are sick of the crashes and bugs.
Someone's been playing too much Rift.
tongue.png

That Patron bullshit won't work here... unlimitedfree gameplayto the whole game while some other morons pay for your sub? With how much money this game cost to make and it's reputation, I highly doubt it.

The only reason it works in Rift is because they have a lot of dummies subbing because they are heavily invested already and would 'feel guilty' about playing for free. If all the people asking for refunds right now could play this whole game free with few restrictions like Rift, they would.. me included, but it's not worth a sub right now for many and that's probably why Zenimax is shutting refunds down.

If anything, this game gets a highly compartmentalized version where you pay for large swaths of it. They already have it set up that way if you look closely at the game and the whole Imperial sale shows they have a keen eye on the money so they aren't giving the store away.

PvPmightbe the only thing free as it's really the game's only draw, but you can bet no one is going to be a vampire/werewolf in there as F2P, have access to all the crafting or even might have to pay to 'unlock' gear sizes, one guild access (not five), no VR content, etc. The box is going to be part of it at $20.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Meh, I bought the game anyway. I dunno why I torture myself. Going to casually level. I've gotten a sorcerer to 15, with Daedric Summoning and using a bow. The pets in this game are buggy and retarded. No option to control them or force them to attack a specific target. A lot of the time they just bug out and stand there not attacking, and I have to resummon.

Also, why are people allowed to see my account name? And no key authenticator? What year is this, that these glaring security issues aren't a priority?

i don't know if I'll continue the sorc, I may try the Templar tank/off tank with a little healing. I haven't thought about pvp yet.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Still casually playing through and enjoying it. If you raced through the leveling experience you truly have missed a great game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still casually playing through and enjoying it. If you raced through the leveling experience you truly have missed a great game.
Yeah I kinda did at low lvl which I regret but I'm only 26. Sheogorath rules

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not disregarding obvious issues but there is a great leveling experience to be had. Much better then SWTOR's in my opinion and one of the best in quiet a while.
I could not disagree with you more strongly on this subject. ESO's leveling is NOT any where close to SWTOR's experience.

Not even if you gave ESO a 70 foot pole and gave it the chance to touch SWTOR. Don't mislead people here.

FFS Half the game is voice acted by the same guy that voice acted all of Skyrim.

I've seen better NPC control and interaction in quest cut-away's in Warcraft 3 singleplayer campaign.

Spoiler Alert: You're 1 Super Hero out of hundreds of thousands, and everyone needs their house-fire put out. Congratulations all mighty Mc Donalds Happy Meal Firefighting Cat-guy super hero.

You're the king of no-one-knows-how-to-use-a-bucket-of-water land.

Here's your 15 gold and the worst item known to man as a reward for an hour of your time.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The pets in this game are buggy and retarded. No option to control them or force them to attack a specific target. A lot of the time they just bug out and stand there not attacking, and I have to resummon.
Oh gawd, I didn't even think of that. I remember a lot of the story quests where you had 3-4 'hero' NPCs helping you, and so they bumped up the bad guys health / damage. 99% of the time they just sat there and didn't attack, didn't taunt. No doubt the pets are just as bad. I had to kite like a mofo or get two shot :p

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could not disagree with you more strongly on this subject. ESO's leveling is NOT any where close to SWTOR's experience.

Not even if you gave ESO a 70 foot pole and gave it the chance to touch SWTOR. Don't mislead people here.

FFS Half the game is voice acted by the same guy that voice acted all of Skyrim.

I've seen better NPC control and interaction in quest cut-away's in Warcraft 3 singleplayer campaign.

Spoiler Alert: You're 1 Super Hero out of hundreds of thousands, and everyone needs their house-fire put out. Congratulations all mighty Mc Donalds Happy Meal Firefighting Cat-guy super hero.

Here's your 15 gold and the worst item known to man as a reward for an hour of your time.
That village where you had to wait in line to put fires out really got to you huh? lol

I leveled up to 20 something in the last betas. If they havent changed anything (again) since it went live, then I really have to agree with Vitality. The games leveling is boring pile of shit. The little bit of PVP I did though was a shit load of fun, and I dont usually pvp. Dont buy the game for the wrong reason, in other words.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
That village where you had to wait in line to put fires out really got to you huh? lol

I leveled up to 20 something in the last betas. If they havent changed anything (again) since it went live, then I really have to agree with Vitality. The games leveling is boring pile of shit. The little bit of PVP I did though was a shit load of fun, and I dont usually pvp. Dont buy the game for the wrong reason, in other words.
I disagree completely; there are some really well-written, thoughtful quests in ESO. I am enjoying the hell out of leveling.

The leveling is 1000x better than SWTOR for a couple of reasons: 1) No spaceports 2)No inter-continental fetch quests. If I had a dollar for every time some asshole sent me on a 5 min run through a spaceport to go to a planet with its 5 min spaceport run to get 1 thing and then run 5 min back through that spaceport to go back and run through the first spaceport again, I would have back the money I spent on SWTOR, and I bought a collectors edition.

ESO is so close to something great; the thing that keeps me from really feeling that way is how pre-defined the paths are through the world. While you can go "offroad" as it were, even somewhere like Cyrodiil where the terrain is more open, it still feels like devs created trails and carved paths through the world. It really feels limited and limiting.

I don't know, i'm with DMK here. He said the leveling experience not the quest experience. SWTOR story lines were very well done (most classes at least), but that is all there was and that made it boring after a while. The quests in ESO might not be as good, although some are pretty fun, but at least I can go explore dungeons, grind mobs/bosses, go to the PVP zone after 10 and do quests/pvp, all to level up.

I'm pretty casual but I'm still having fun in ESO, who knows after a couple months. I think they have a good base but I would like to see some changes to make PVP more worthwhile in the long run. Maybe shorter campaigns, and make Imperial city a Darkness Falls dungeon that is high risk/reward, and your campaign only.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is the VR leveling experience really bad?
It consists of the same drab content you're experiencing now, except the xp to level is multiplied by 5.

takes about 1.5 hours to get half a VR if you just blast through all the torches anchors and world bosses and skip all the quests, and this is at a casual pace.

Quests slow you way the fk down. However in order to get to vr6+ content you need to clean out all the major quests in each zone sub vr6. So you're just fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.

For those of you non VR3+ nerds, you're going to get extremely shit on in Cyrodiil if you think you don't need to get vr5+ to compete.

And even if you do manage to get to vr5 - good luck not getting shit on against DK's and their non diminishing return ae CC especially if you're a Vampire.

Don't expect any of this PVP to change either, as they're most certainly not focused on making Cyrodiil better. Instead they're going to shovel you a pile of gold shit with Craglorn and keep you happy for about two weeks before they realize that Nightblade Tanks completely trivialize all of it.

Oh and did I mention crafting is completely worthless, because once you spend 100k+ gold on gnarly ass mats for your VR10 gear, they're just going to up the VR cap to VR12 with the Craglorn release and completely trivialize all your vr10 legendaries.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Oh gawd, I didn't even think of that. I remember a lot of the story quests where you had 3-4 'hero' NPCs helping you, and so they bumped up the bad guys health / damage. 99% of the time they just sat there and didn't attack, didn't taunt. No doubt the pets are just as bad. I had to kite like a mofo or get two shot :p
Just like Skyrim.
wink.png

Trying to get those NPCs that come along with you to attack something is sometimes nuts, especially when you're were detected in 'sneak' mode. You had mobs attacking you while the NPCs would stay hunched over getting stabbed in the back until they fell over, talking shit the whole time might I add ("I'm gonna enjoy killing you"... dead).

My guess is they wanted the consistency between the Skyrim and TESO NPCs to be the same for the faithful.
tongue.png

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I respect everyone's opinion as games are selective choices but..

wow.
If you check out the official forums, there are tons of people who think TESO is the best MMO they have ever played. In those same threads, you will see some players voice the same criticisms that have been posted here. To each his own I suppose.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
If you check out the official forums, there are tons of people who think TESO is the best MMO they have ever played. In those same threads, you will see some players voice the same criticisms that have been posted here. To each his own I suppose.
I get that, which is why I said taste is subjective and all.

It's just... I'm one of those people who can't figure out why people eat McDonald's shit burgers over Burger King. Fries maybe, but not the burgers.

Same thing with ESO. I thought SWTOR was far better in story and how it got you involved in the game vs how unnecessary you really feel in ESO, but that's strictly from an immersion standpoint... not gameplay or mechanics.

Now if you said Skyrim vs TOR.. yeah Skyrim. But then again, if you say Skyrim vs KOTOR.. now it's tough again.