The Elder Scrolls Online

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
They shouldn't have a cap period imo. Not having a cap gives you a shot for destroying zerg balls and promotes people spreading out. Is there some vocal group on the boards that were complaining about spells not having a cap or something? I don't get why you would break something that is working perfectly as a mechanic.
It was one thing the EQ crew did right in the beginning: when something like that developed, FD pulling, etc. they left it alone as long as it didn't affect what they thought of as their profit driver, /days played to 50.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If they wouldn't listen to the community about nameplates they won't listen about this. Is there a list of spells that were changed out there?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
It's just funny that two of the most expensive Western mmos ever made have ex-Warhammer or Mythic devs in charge of their PvP: SWTOR, TESO.
The crazy thing is that - as we've been predicting for a while - four to six weeks from now the industry analysts will proclaim that MMOs with monthly fees are finished, totally missing that the ones that have been coming out for years have all been shit on a stick produced by the same old clueless names.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@ Tuco, cinge, Nybling and the Cyrodiil crowd : did some AoE skills already get stealth nerfed ? Rapid Maneuver does seem to affect only 6 people now and I've just noticed Healing Springs affects 6 people too.

EDIT : Inhale just went from 6 to 3 targets as well.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So why hasn't there been a mass exodus? I keep reading this thread and all I see is:

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

More shit.

Different flavor of shit.

Shitty shit.

Shit.

Was it any surprise, after the failed abortion that was beta?

I'll shut up if itreallyis that fun, but man.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
So why hasn't there been a mass exodus? I keep reading this thread and all I see is:

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

More shit.

Different flavor of shit.

Shitty shit.

Shit.

Was it any surprise, after the failed abortion that was beta?

I'll shut up if itreallyis that fun, but man.
Same thing happens with every MMO released with this crowd. Game comes out and its a mad dash to level cap. Nothing else matters. If you could grind 1 mob in an infinite loop for levels 1-50 and its 0.01% more efficient experience wise regardless of how well any game world is designed, that is the path many will take.

The same crowd will also put 100s of hours into the game within the first few weeks to beat the rush whether it be due to them being unemployed or vacation time saved up and then complain there is "nothing to do"

Then once they hit level cap, they wonder why the hell there isn't any "challenging" pvp and how whatever gameworld is dead because not everyone else plays the game they same way they do and is still lvl 1-20 and not at level cap.

Now you have a collective group all at an end game that hasn't been tested and basically they are the beta testers for the rest of the 99% of the gaming population. By the time they get pissed off and quit due to nothing to do and all these untested problems, then the filthy casuals are hitting content and it will be fixed.

This isn't directly related to Elderscrolls, but in the majority of this community with any MMO that has been, or will be, released in the future.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Same thing happens with every MMO released with this crowd. Game comes out and its a mad dash to level cap. Nothing else matters. If you could grind 1 mob in an infinite loop for levels 1-50 and its 0.01% more efficient experience wise regardless of how well any game world is designed, that is the path many will take.

The same crowd will also put 100s of hours into the game within the first few weeks to beat the rush whether it be due to them being unemployed or vacation time saved up and then complain there is "nothing to do"

Then once they hit level cap, they wonder why the hell there isn't any "challenging" pvp and how whatever gameworld is dead because not everyone else plays the game they same way they do and is still lvl 1-20 and not at level cap.

Now you have a collective group all at an end game that hasn't been tested and basically they are the beta testers for the rest of the 99% of the gaming population. By the time they get pissed off and quit due to nothing to do and all these untested problems, then the filthy casuals are hitting content and it will be fixed.

This isn't directly related to Elderscrolls, but in the majority of this community with any MMO that has been, or will be, released in the future.
What level are you in ESO?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
On 4/24 we had another raid. 80 of us gathered at Ft. Ash and worked our way north to hit blue. We eventually took all their keeps and several of their scrolls. One of the scrolls was taken by a militia named Daisy Fairy who had a safe route to base but ended up jumping into the lava. We were able to fish it out with a PRX-branded human ladder and brought it to safety. We took the next scroll from Ft. Warden and Cinge captured it. Currently running the scrolls are bugged and you don't get infinite sprint. We had the entire blue side hounding us all the way down the map but we forced them through a chokepoint and annihilated them and marched it home.

wiwBEOF.jpg

b7uIrCH.jpg

Blackwulf

N00b
Tuco - my guild has been guesting on Auriel's Bow for last few days. Pretty fun action, and thinking of making it home, but gonna wait a couple weeks as more people hit vet ranks and go to Cyrodiil. See how things shake out. Elves are getting their shit pushed in, though
biggrin.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco - my guild has been guesting on Auriel's Bow for last few days. Pretty fun action, and thinking of making it home, but gonna wait a couple weeks as more people hit vet ranks and go to Cyrodiil. See how things shake out. Elves are getting their shit pushed in, though
biggrin.png
Yeah on primetime EST it's somewhat balanced. Sometimes we get on a map and are pushed to our side, other times (Like on our last big raid) we pushed blue back to their spawn. This is all because of the ability to 2v1 which should be in any game like this really. They could do more to balance things more (giving outnumbered players a mild to moderate stat boost, having events to generate a team of really tough NPCs when a side is pushed back etc). The only critique I have of cyrodiil on that front is I wish the imperial city was open so there'd be a huge objective in the center to fight over. No stonemist castle from GW2 makes fighting in Cyrodiil a little awkward.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I guested on another campaign tonight and had 2 really good hours of PVP. It definitely has potential.

What's the long term draw of the PVP, though? I have dabbled but outside of ranks and points, is there anything more I'm missing outside of the unattainable emperorship?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I guested on another campaign tonight and had 2 really good hours of PVP. It definitely has potential.

What's the long term draw of the PVP, though? I have dabbled but outside of ranks and points, is there anything more I'm missing outside of the unattainable emperorship?
You get to kill people. Who? You don't know, but they might have been someone cool... I'm definitely not feeling the PvP is meaningful yet. It seems to generally be either from small group murders reinforcements to blob eats blob with precious little in between.

I mean, if you can't really tell what people have as a set up or even call out names, it seems difficult to focus or coordinate tactical PvP vs strategic PvP. Maybe the few times I've made it into Cyrodiil without crashing repeatedly has skewed my perspective, though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
>VR1
>Magelight untoggled
>Rapid Maneuver unmorphed
>Boundless Storm
>No provisioning
>No Alchemy
>No Enchanting

Isn't PRX some actual hardcore PvP guild ?
You forgot "Has a healing staff ability slotted while using destro staff".

I redid my build since then, but at that point I only used that weapon-bar to use rapid maneuver and boundless storm.