The Elder Scrolls Online

Nybling_sl

shitlord
I had 2100+ magicka and 116 spell damage and thus my crystal fragments was hitting for 700+ non-crit, but eh, the gear upgrades I could've gotten would have given me a whole whopping 10-20 magicka more tops.

I unsubbed, but I am interested to hear feedback on Craglorn. I think there are a lot of people who were in my boat... people who wanted to see how they would handle real end-game PvE. Well, IMO they failed and thus I expect to see a further exodus of people.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah their itemization / gear is awful, you can't really minmax anything you just follow the caps and you take the less shitty set bonuses.
Call me crazy, but some of those set bonus abilities probably won't work, or aren't coded right. Just a guess :p

And with the stat caps so low, there's almost no point to choosing what to + when you level.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
WOW lol they added 2 more VR? fuck me, just alienated me more since i'm VR2 and thought vr10 was a like grinding from 50 to 60 in kunark.. prob not as bad but now 2 more?!

signati_sl

shitlord
Released. Too. Soon.

It's that simple. The money machine got too hungry and jumped the gun. And apparently the money machine is still calling the shots.

This game won't fail because it's a bad game; the game itself is great. It won't fail because the franchise doesn't work for this; the franchise is made for this if any is. It won't fail due to the ideas or philosophies of the developers, though they could stand to learn a bit more from their peers. It won't even fail due to poor work ethic; ZOS is pumping out patches and content quickly enough that I'm starting to wonder if they have a coder sweatshop.

It may fail because they rushed an unfinished product out the door and instead of fixing it, they're rushing new content out the door while slapping on bandaids. WHAT YEAR IS IT? (lol)

Craglorn is a necessity for endgame PvE, but I really hope they put on the brakes and fix what they have before any more new content. I know people want the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, but some of the issues this game has are going to be deal breakers for many, many people. The honeymoon ends soon, and nobody is going to want to spend their precious gaming time staring at an infinite load screen repeatedly so they can go die to batspam and bugs.

Bats are nerfed, but ffr "batspam" in ESO will forever just be a word for whatever one button build some jackhole came up with to wtfpwn pvp without skill or working for it.

edit: As for PvE, this is a story based game. TES always was and always will be. The VR levels are such a grind because you're not supposed to care about them by that point. You're supposed to care about what happens to the people in the story. That's why they must fix their PvP and come up with something better than solo dungeons that aren't, if they're going to get MMO gamers to stick around. But let's not forget that they have the consoles to milk here soon too, so ... hell, this one's a wildcard for now.

Xenos_sl

shitlord
Honest question. What is the point of spamming keys in MMOs with global cooldowns?
The point is, it just fucking feels good. It's like masturbation, without the mess. Click. Click. Clickclickclickclickclickclickfuckyeahclickclickcl ick-take-that-you-buckling-spring-keyswitched-bitch... Motherfuckin' CLICK!
It just feels good...

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
The point is, it just fucking feels good. It's like masturbation, without the mess. Click. Click. Clickclickclickclickclickclickfuckyeahclickclickcl ick-take-that-you-buckling-spring-keyswitched-bitch... Motherfuckin' CLICK!
It just feels good...
By far the best answer to Rescorla's Q.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Released. Too. Soon.

It won't even fail due to poor work ethic; ZOS is pumping out patches and content quickly enough that I'm starting to wonder if they have a coder sweatshop.
I think there is a high correlation between these two sentences and it has nothing to do with work ethic.

It could be that they are pumping out content patches 'quickly' simply because it's just a lot of unfinished shit they should have done before they launched the game. When people claim "look at the new stuff coming so fast like Crag, it's amazing", it makes me giggle because it's stuff that should have been fixed or in the game at launch. How does one get credit for omissions they should have done in the first place? It's not like they didn't know people would be hitting cap this fast.

Just seems like a house of unfinished projects that have been lying around that they've gotten to working on after the wife told them to get busy or else.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It just feels good...
Mother fucking dirty ass clicker...

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Open Beta Is Coming May 8th! | WildStar

Haha, just the day before end of TESO's free month.
I canceled my TESO yesterday as well, but I think it is active until May 10th. I guess playtime got extended even without canceling, as I've read some of you who canceled already got 5 days extra. I haven't gotten any notice that I got extra days, but it clearly was.

I will probably go back to TESO after a while though, I only made it to level 12. Not sure what it is. I am a sorc, but not sure I like it. I do know IHATEthe inventory management. GG me opening up my CE map collection that fills up the bank along with the useless provisions I keep because of my OCD of "maybe I will need it later!".

Limited personal inventory is fine, limited bank space is .... very micro transactiony, as I really do want to just toss gold at it to remove the sensation of not having enough space to store everything. I can throw things away in real life easily enough, but I could easily be diagnosed with a hoarder disability in games. If anything isn't specifically listed as junk, I have a hard time getting rid of it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, is this game still not very good and now people are realizing the things Ut and I talked about were intact true? Or did they turn it around?

No troll intended, Ut got way to crazy in his hate for the game (like he does with all games he hates lol) But honestly, how is the satisfaction/dissatisfaction level with the game with people here now?

Vitality

HUSTLE
So, is this game still not very good and now people are realizing the things Ut and I talked about were intact true? Or did they turn it around?

No troll intended, Ut got way to crazy in his hate for the game (like he does with all games he hates lol) But honestly, how is the satisfaction/dissatisfaction level with the game with people here now?
I bailed on this one, megaserver issues.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm done questioning what RR/FoHers say. I've done that three times and sure enough got burned. I got it anyways because I've got nothing else to play in the MMO department, also got WS.

If you approach it from a PvE light solo game that expands on the ES series it's fine with some Pvp thrown in. Basically if Skyrim had multiplayer.

Once you get your free month's worth it grows stale. I'm done with this probably after the second month. I have no intention on grinding to VR12 or what ever. Like someone else said, I recommend folks wait for it to go F2P which it is already setup to do.

Everything about the game wreaks of F2P;
-2 research slots. Cash Shop could have additional slots for a fee.
-6 Hour research. Cash Shop could have research potions to cut that time.
-24 Hour mount upgrades. Cash Shop may have potions to cut that time. You get the picture.
-Bag space.
-Bank Space
-Stable space
-Super grindy at VR1+. Cash Shop EXP bonus potions.
-Korean F2P Armor/Weapon enhancement model where you have a chance to lose the item and the materials. Dunno why that hasn't been mentioned.
Ok so you craft some gear. You need x amount of green hemming to get your chance of success high enough to make the item green (which improves its stats). You can invest in the skill perks to raise this number. You must enhance it to green before you can enhance it to blue. And then once it's blue you can enhance it to purple, and then yellow. Except at each step of this process, you chance of success gets lower.

Has anyone tried enhancing an item to Yellow with the crafting perks, what is the chance of success?

I've failed a few times at 90%. I know you can get the first few tiers (green and maybe blue) to 100% success, but I don't know about purple or yellow. Someone can chime in.

It just wreaks of NeverWinter Nights Online Free 2 Play model.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Utnayan was generally wrong about any insider details he gave on why the game sucks. Almost everyone in this thread knew this was a stinker, but Utnayan's accuracy for why was pretty bad whenever he veered off general opinion. The two biggest things he harped on were the lack of quest content past the first 15 levels and server stability, which turned out to be fairly wrong.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cancelled my preorder, gonna give Archeage (and maybe Wildstar again, who knows) a try. Weapon swap design is bad, RvR is pointless because there is no server pride / feel and almost every campaign (the 4-5 out of 10 ones that have PvP activity) suffer from huge imbalances which can't be fixed since you can't change faction. There is no future as well, everything is bland promises and the first content patch is about competitive pve content, which pretty much says a lot about the development team. And last but not the least, I just won't sub to a game released in Europe where there is no service or infrastructure for european players. No Eu server ? Well, no sub then. Leveling wasn't bad and there were some cool moments, but overall the game is in pretty bad shape right now.

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
I'm done questioning what RR/FoHers say. I've done that three times and sure enough got burned. I got it anyways because I've got nothing else to play in the MMO department, also got WS.

If you approach it from a PvE light solo game that expands on the ES series it's fine with some Pvp thrown in. Basically if Skyrim had multiplayer.

Once you get your free month's worth it grows stale. I'm done with this probably after the second month. I have no intention on grinding to VR12 or what ever. Like someone else said, I recommend folks wait for it to go F2P which it is already setup to do.

Everything about the game wreaks of F2P;
-2 research slots. Cash Shop could have additional slots for a fee.
-6 Hour research. Cash Shop could have research potions to cut that time.
-24 Hour mount upgrades. Cash Shop may have potions to cut that time. You get the picture.
-Bag space.
-Bank Space
-Stable space
-Super grindy at VR1+. Cash Shop EXP bonus potions.
-Korean F2P Armor/Weapon enhancement model where you have a chance to lose the item and the materials. Dunno why that hasn't been mentioned.
Ok so you craft some gear. You need x amount of green hemming to get your chance of success high enough to make the item green (which improves its stats). You can invest in the skill perks to raise this number. You must enhance it to green before you can enhance it to blue. And then once it's blue you can enhance it to purple, and then yellow. Except at each step of this process, you chance of success gets lower.

Has anyone tried enhancing an item to Yellow with the crafting perks, what is the chance of success?

I've failed a few times at 90%. I know you can get the first few tiers (green and maybe blue) to 100% success, but I don't know about purple or yellow. Someone can chime in.

It just wreaks of NeverWinter Nights Online Free 2 Play model.
You can have 100% chance to upgrade purple and yellow items. Not sure if it requires you to invest all 3 skill points before doing so though, since I never even bothered before getting 3/3. I thought the skill points just lowered the material cost by raising the % chance of success per upgrade material. IIRC upgrading ends up costing 5 or so purple and 8 yellow for 100% success chance with the 3 points spent in improvement skill.

Tide27_sl

shitlord

I like the game, but to each his own.

One of Uts huge complaints was no content post level 15+, yet you find people are complaining that there is too much content with the exception of end game raid zones. I have disconnected one time only since release, and the only issue I have at all server wise is zoning into Cyrodil. Half the time you try to zone into PvP during an AllCall with PRX is met with never ending loading screens and you have to /quit out and try again.

Having said that, I don't like the PvP in this game, nor any other huge zerg versus zerg PvP setting for that matter. Literally you find out where the enemy is and start spamming AoEs for the most part while people set up siege. Now I will not go out and say PvP sucks or whatever because I guess some people like it, but I don't.

I personally feel that the PvE portion of the game is done very well. I have yet to find a bear ass quest and they are all long and engaging, but that's not what the crowd here wants. The majority of people here will find the absolute best method for Time To Level and skip 95% of the game and complain there isn't shit to do later on and are currently bored with nothing to do from AoE grinding for 60+ hours running in circles.