The End of Days - Ours. Planning for the Last Raid Boss

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Before the recent dystopia shit, my plan was simple. Die before my mind gives out, hence not caring about being a fatty or alchy. Historically just about all my relatives have gotten some degree of dementia between 65 and 75. Having watched my grandparents deteriorate one by one, I do not want to go out that way and I do not want my wife to watch me go out that way. Unfortunately she wants me to hang in there as long as she does and her fam does not have this issue. The dystopia shit might be a blessing in disguise for me, because odds are good we will be in the first wave of casualties when the Minecraft Server launches. Not how I wanted it, but beats slowly ceasing to exist as a person through mental deterioration.

Guess we will see how it all plays out.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gonna add some real-life context for this thread. My Mom went into ICU end of last week. Nothing exotic, to be frank she is just nearing the end of her life cycle. Beat cancer twice decades ago and has lived her life to the fullest. Had she not been clear to both her Primary and me (I am her medical proxy) that she prefers a DNR, they would have been intubating her at the onset. As it turns out 5 days later she has made it through the worst (hopefully) with just critical care. She isn't out of of woods,, but she is now about 3 steps from death instead of 1. Had she not been adamant about the no-machine thing she would still be on a vent and probably end her time on one.

Think through your choices about your end time and make damn sure enough people understand exactly what you want and will make sure the hospital follows it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users