The Equalizer

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I moved this here to fuck with Column, because fuck Column.

I'll merge it with the other thread after a little bit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Locked the newer thread, moved this thread to its rightful place.

image.php

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Pretty sure that's exactly what it is.

Except this looks good.
Man on Fire was good, this looks like it was made for 12 year olds. You seriously think in any honest representation of reality you're going to time your killing of 5 people at close range, and use a shot glass a prop in killing them? Retard 12 year old brain power at work, whoever designed that scene *bravo*.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Man on Fire was good, this looks like it was made for 12 year olds. You seriously think in any honest representation of reality you're going to time your killing of 5 people at close range, and use a shot glass a prop in killing them? Retard 12 year old brain power at work, whoever designed that scene *bravo*.
Who said Man on Fire wasn't good?

It looks entertaining. Denzel plays these parts very well so I'm pretty sure the movie will be very enjoyable to me personally.

I could give less of a fuck about realism in my action movies, if I wanted that I'd watch a documentary.

The original show with Edward Woodward was shit though.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Saw this last night, went in expecting Denzel to kick some ass and it delivered.

Starts slow but builds to a worthy payoff. It earns it's rating as well, we're not talking Saw levels of gore here but you'll see most impacts with few cut aways.

It's no oscar contender but it is entertaining. Once he decides things are going down, he pretty much just walks around with iddqd and noclip.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just saw it. Fun movie to just turn your brain off and watch Denzel fuck shit up in semi graphic fashion.

If you liked the first Taken you'll like this.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Caught this a few days ago. The long action sequence at the end of the movie is worth the price of admission.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was a good action scene. My favourite part, and it directly answered what I hated about

movies like Sin City, where they have a corrupt bad guy who is too high up the food chain, and therefore untouchable and left as a loose end. Not here, he pretty much wipes the whole organization out lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Saw it today, was pretty good. I normally don't mind the overly ridiculous precision killer thing (IE Taken) but there was almost too many surreal perfections in Denzel's character. At least Lian Neeson uses a gun and is just deadly accurate. Denzel has to play too many games with props like Jackie Chan that just starts to border on wall breaking.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The only thing that really bugged me;
the nail gun being used as a gun...
Except...
It's a concrete nailer. The cartridge versions use .22+ cartridges as propellent. I'm not sure about the power having never shot anyone with one, but they definitely do have plenty of force behind them.

ExampleRamset MasterShot 0.22 Caliber Powder Actuated Tool-40088 at The Home Depot

Will drive a nail into 3" of concrete so I guess I'm not sure why a shoulder would be a problem.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Haven't seen the wire?
tumblr_lqjvhbJ4KB1qiguseo1_500.jpg

Although wasn't used to kill anyone but could have been used for that

Xevy

Log Wizard
I laughed during the branch pruner. Not sure I was supposed to, but I sure did.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Slow your roll, this wasn't close to Man on Fire. Equalizer was a fun time but Man on Fire is a legitimately good movie.
Need confirmation from other parties now...is it legit to call this movie "essentially" Man on Fire 2, or no?