The Equalizer

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Equalizer just had way to much filler and I never gave to shits about the chick. I remember getting up numerous times at my house out of boredom

Vinen

God is dead
Watched this on a flight to Europe. Pretty much perfect for an airline... thats about it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't watched this movie yet, doubt I will trailer looked awful, someone negged me regarding a post I made months ago which is why I'm here.

What I can say about Man on Fire is it is one of the better Revenge Plot movies I've watched, hesystematicallytook out a crime syndicate in Man on Fire. It wasn't just one dumb action scene segued into a car chase etc... (referencing parts of Taken, which is the slightly more mainstream equivalent of a revenge movie). When it got down to business, cutting off his first leads finger's and cauterizing the wounds, planting a bomb in the anus of the Police Chief, blowing a dude's dick-off etc. I can't remember if he did anything in particular to the "Voice's" pregnant wife, the one really good part in Taken was when Neeson shot his "friend's" wife in the arm.

Most importantly in Man on Fire he was all business, there was little to no fuckery, like falling off an arterial onto a bus, and in
Blocking small arms fire with interior doors which would/were probably filled with cardboard inserts, getting caught 1:10 in the middle of a firefight, shit like that.

There wasn't a massive build up were he was talking his game up, or making up all these retarded rules that would have no application in shooting people dead.

All Creasy says: " What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

It's Walken who talks Creasy up.

This Equalizer movie: "I left that life years ago" "Don't make me go back to killing" "I'm a super level 59 Paladin with a Fiery Avenger" "Let's lock myself in a room with like six people and I'll kill them with my wristwatch." "I'll hold my dick in my left hand and masturbate about my L337 Assassin skills and kill people with shot glasses with my right hand, because I don't sin with my right hand."

You know what I like that last quote.

I actually liked the first Taken, but Man on Fire was way better, I'm just using at as a comparison since i didn't watch this movie.

You people have awful taste in action, and are clearly the reason behind Michael Bay's vast market saturation (ps. neg me!)

Man on Fire was amazing and one of Denzel's best movies. I own that sumbitch and pop it in every now and then when I wanna see a Punisher movie without John Travolta in it.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Man on Fire was amazing and one of Denzel's best movies. I own that sumbitch and pop it in every now and then when I wanna see a Punisher movie without John Travolta in it.
I wanted to hate you, but then you go and lay down a sick burn.

Oh hey Duppin. How many advertisers have pulled out today?
The world would be a better place if his Dad had pulled out.
and then not 10 seconds later your laying down props on Big D in Man on fire.

I guess I got to love you.

Johnny T was good in From Paris With Love tho

Also please neg me, I don't like the odd number.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Taken is dumb,
Taken 2 is just an insult to people, who think they can do whatever they want (using grenades in a neighborhood at day time LOL), in a militarized country.

Saw yesterday man on fire, with my girl (she never seen it before) and like Voyce said "...is one of the best revenge plot..." movies ever.
And no, he didn't do anything to the pregnant woman but probably he would if Pita was really dead.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
This didn't seem like a revenge flick to me as much as a slightly more realistic superhero movie. Felt sort of like Unbreakable. He's a secret badass that hides in the shadows and cleans house for the good guys. I liked it but it wasn't groundbreaking.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This didn't seem like a revenge flick to me as much as a slightly more realistic superhero movie. Felt sort of like Unbreakable. He's a secret badass that hides in the shadows and cleans house for the good guys. I liked it but it wasn't groundbreaking.
Given it was based around a series that aired in the 80's, I do not think they were going for ground breaking, but rather remodeling. If you had no interest in the series, then this movie might not have been up your alley. It does have kind of an unbreakable vibe to it. The part where he faked his death to escape the "Collective"?, was the only part I kind of had issue with. If he had just been a retired agent with old connections like the original series, I think it might have gone a little smoother.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I just finished watching this movie. Wow, it was really good. Denzel is such a badass. It's nice to hear that Hit Girl is getting paid, too. Between this and John Wick, I'm unsure. I liked both. This started off a lot slower than Wick, but it goes strong shortly there after. Wick was strong pretty much the whole way through. Very little story in Wick outside of the main plot of he was an ex-assassin. He quit the game, but these dudes fucked with him so now he's back in the game and will see it through to the end. This was very similar. He was an ex FBI guy that somehow knew how to be a Jason Bourne style assassin. He quit the game and these dudes fucked with someone that he liked, so he's back in the game temporarily just to see it through to their end.

It was a lot longer than Wick, but a lot of that was just story. Why he's doing what he's doing and who he cares about as the movie progresses. All in all, I enjoyed this one.

I'll catch Wick again shortly when my blu-ray comes in, then will give a better opinion. Hell, I liked this enough that I might grab it on blu-ray also.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
This and John Wick proves that sometimes we can have nice things

spronk

FPS noob
black old man john wick is back for his final chapter 9/1/23

i liked the first one, dont really remember the second one

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
black old man john wick is back for his final chapter 9/1/23

i liked the first one, dont really remember the second one

The first one was well done. The second one(unlike John Wick) was not. That is why you do not remember the second one. It was very disappointing after having enjoyed the first one. This one might be in between the first and second one for quality. I will most likely give it a shot unless it just gets panned hard in the reviews. To be clear I have no intention of paying for it.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I tend to like his movies so I'll definitely be giving it a watch. As a second reason, I don't expect Hollyweird to make his character incompetent just to replace him with some Femnazi "badass".