The ethics of stealing video games

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
this is out on torrent, is it worth the download you think? i never played either witcher i dont own a console (i dont care about storyi just want fun gameplay), and ive read here how bad each Pc port has been so i didnt want to ruin what seemed to be a good series by picking up broken ports.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
this is out on torrent, is it worth the download you think? i never played either witcher i dont own a console (i dont care about storyi just want fun gameplay), and ive read here how bad each Pc port has been so i didnt want to ruin what seemed to be a good series by picking up broken ports.
CDPR are primarily a PC centered dev. The witcher games were made for the PC and then ported to the consoles. The torrents are just the preload files, you would still need to wait till the actual game released to play it on a PC anyways.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you ever buy any game?

Is it worth a download? It's getting 10/10s across the board and you're asking if it's worth stealing

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

Is it worth a download? It's getting 10/10s across the board and you're asking if it's worth stealing
to answer your question, no the last game i bought was for a console that was GTA 5 and it was solely for online play, i also dont play any single player games, if there is no online / multiplayer i dont bother, im not some video game purest who feels guilty for ripping a game off the internet, do you download movies? same shit go spend the 10$ for a ticket or the 20$ for a dvd!@!@#@$#@$@!@ everyone makes their own choices throwing money away is some peoples, call me a criminal
smile.png
but your a sinner aswell if you ever ripped anything! jesus wont look at you any different for your 5 movies vs my 600 games same hell hole!

i never understood the argument specially from people like us here on this forum, we know the ways to get around shit, we all take short cuts, yet it hinges on video games being ripped off the net.

my GF got a book PDF for one of her classes off IPT or piratebay i cant remember, are you against that aswell? she saved like 500$ on books, poor college student cmonnnnnnn its ok

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

He can't afford to fund all of his habits, and torrenting to feed his gaming addiction is much safer/less risk than BNE to support his other addictions. He's tragically the poster child for why companies want to move towards always-online DRM as he's more than willing to pay for a product when he's forced to (WoW, D3).

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
LOL^ WoW was a sub fee, D3 i bought because OF THE ONLINE AND PLAYING WITH OTHERS, i would never have bought it if it was a single player game, again wow multiplayer = ill buy

ripping 1-2games every 4-5 months im really killing it.

leave a note with the neg i at least like reading them

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I negged you once and it didn't look like it took. which is why one of them had no message, after it updated I saw you got three so I took two away. Now enough whoring for attention and move on else you will become one of the good Dr's first patients.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i came here asked a question, got answers and was asked a question in return, i replied to said response i have done nothing wrong good sir, i asked if it was worth downloading then noodle asked me a question, and i responded idk what im doing wrong?

i didnt bring up pirating DRM etc etc? noodle is trolling me go warn him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Teck I only made the one post. I didn't neg you or change your title, I don't play like that. Some other mod was doing it

To answer your other questions I don't believe in torrenting anything illegal, but that's just me. I use Spotify for music, I have an audible account for books, and I just buy movies I like. Not saying I'm better than anyone, just the way I am. I'll drop this topic now for no further derailment, just wanted you to know I ain't no shitlord mod.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Teck I only made the one post. I didn't neg you or change your title, I don't play like that. Some other mod was doing it

To answer your other questions I don't believe in torrenting anything illegal, but that's just me. I use Spotify for music, I have an audible account for books, and I just buy movies I like. Not saying I'm better than anyone, just the way I am. I'll drop this topic now for no further derailment, just wanted you to know I ain't no shitlord mod.
i like the tittle i wasnt being sarcastic, or trying to attack how you moderate.

Guess we are just two different minds, like i said my dad has a friend just like you, ill never understand why people throw money away when their is a free alternative, if i had a free way to pirate gas think id be filling up at the pump?
smile.png
better bolt it down cause im coming for it, just change my tittle to "theif"

Oh and tarrant you can eat a dick you fat fuck, put me in the shaw for 2 hours..........

Denaut

Trump's Staff
i like the tittle i wasnt being sarcastic, or trying to attack how you moderate.

Guess we are just two different minds, like i said my dad has a friend just like you,ill never understand why people throw money away when their is a free alternative, if i had a free way to pirate gas think id be filling up at the pump?
smile.png
better bolt it down cause im coming for it, just change my tittle to "theif"

Oh and tarrant you can eat a dick you fat fuck, put me in the shaw for 2 hours..........
Because unlike you we aren't freeloading idiots. We know that if no one pays professionals to make big budget video games, then we won't get any more big budget professionally made video games.

Since we like those quite a lot, spending thousands of hours a year playing them, $50 here and there is a bargain.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
uh huh, keep telling yourself you're not stupid for paying for a single player game that has no use after its played through once.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
uh huh, keep telling yourself you're not stupid for paying for a single player game that has no use after its played through once.
Ha, I am surprised you posses the brainpower to properly operate a keyboard. Over here in adult land we are happy to give money to artists that provide us with dozens, hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of hours of entertainment. Whether a game is "single player" or "multi-player" is utterly irrelevant. In fact I've spentwaymore time playing "single player" games than any other. Steam clocks M&B Warband in at 450 hours and that is only since they started recording time-played (and excluding the original). The Civ games are also at a couple hundred hours. The 3 Borderlands games are at about 400 hours, and so on. I'd say I got my money's worth and then some.

Also, I am a professional game developer. So thank you to everyone that helps pay my salary and keep being awesome. Support developers that make great games and deserve your money.